Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
37.5 %
In the Redzone this post season including 1/3 against the Rams. It's the #1 reason why we lost this game. You go 3-3 like the Rams did we win.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yep, this is it. Redzone offence was really poor in the playoffs.

The Raiders were only in the game due to our redzone mishaps.

We win yesterday with better play in the redzone.

When you stack up the offence in the playoffs... our highest tally was 27 points. I know that's in part just playoff football, but the offence did not bring us to this Superbowl no matter how you slice it. We gave Burrow a championship defence this postseason, and the OL negated it. I also thought Burrow himself wasn't as big a factor in the playoffs as you'd like, but OL issues... his 2nd year.... Not saying he was a big issue, just that he didn't take over any games like you'd hope.

Here's a question, do we even win a playoff game if the defence is 5-10% less good? Our offence leaned on the defence more than I'd like.... considering they entered the playoffs absolutely flying.
Reply/Quote
Gronk would help…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gronk would help…

And a new RG in James Daniels! 
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:57 AM)J24 Wrote: And a new RG in James Daniels! 

Sounds good to me. Let Duke know.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds good to me. Let Duke know.

The dog from Bush Beans or the GM?
J24

Reply/Quote
Can't run an offense and utilize your skill players to maximum benefit without a decent offensive line. RZ or any zone, got to be able to block to run your offense. We can't run our offense against good defenses. Without an upgrade we will see Brandon Allen trying to run it for a good part of next season.
Reply/Quote
Was the underlying reason the blocking, the play design, the play calling, or lack of 2nd half adjustments to what the defense was doing?
Reply/Quote
I actually do thing we need to add a big body TE this off season to stand on the back line of the end zone and challenge people to go up for it. We relied a lot on Chase down there or running with little else going for us. We need some better motion play designs, but at the end of the day when things break down having a guy who can go up and snag the ball off the crossbar is a huge advantage.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Was the underlying reason the blocking, the play design, the play calling, or lack of 2nd half adjustments to what the defense was doing?

IMO Taylor’s scheme is just weird. He put up big passing numbers as a player in college and is trying to impart his “philosophy” with some bizarre hybrid run and shoot offense that has burrow shotgun 90 percent of the time. You cannot do this when your offensive line is the worst in the league. The 3 times burrow was under center and stepped
back the dl was not as aggressive. It took pressure off the ol and you had the 3 biggest gains of the game.

Smart coaches make adjustments towards what is working. I thought after mixons huge run out of the eye formation they would keep doing this. They did not run this formation again the whole game. Not to mention not a single screen pass or qb rollout.

Taylor offensive mind seems rigid and stuck in this run and shoot philosophy. This will not win a Super Bowl and will end your quarterbacks career. How it didn’t end on that knee twist is simply a blessing beyond belief.
Reply/Quote
Not scoring TD after Chase caught 46 yd pass to give Bengals 1st and goal from inside the 5 yd line is haunting.

Those 4 points would have been really nice to have. Get that it happens, but you can't do that in SB and expect to still win.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It wasn't a great offensive showing this postseason. We kept waiting for them to wake up, but they never did. This run was all defense and Evan...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually do thing we need to add a big body TE this off season to stand on the back line of the end zone and challenge people to go up for it. We relied a lot on Chase down there or running with little else going for us. We need some better motion play designs, but at the end of the day when things break down having a guy who can go up and snag the ball off the crossbar is a huge advantage.

Jelani Woods really stood out during East West Shrine week. He measured in at 6'6.6 260 and really moved well for his size. He wasnt going to burn guys in a straight line but had some quicks to his big frame. 

He reminds me of Jermaine Gresham more of a plodder but uses his body well as a route runner and has great hands. He was also a really good blocker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I know the staff gets a lot of praise, and overall they deserve it. But, on offense...definately more room for growth.

The Bills were something like 9 for 9 in the red zone and lost their 2nd game. Explain that! Had #1 scoring defense too.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 06:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gronk would help…

I came here to type "Gronk"... So I agree.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know the staff gets a lot of praise, and overall they deserve it. But, on offense...definately more room for growth.

The Bills were something like 9 for 9 in the red zone and lost their 2nd game. Explain that! Had #1 scoring defense too.

A good head coach plays to his strengths nothing wrong in a tie game in the first quarter to punt instead of go for it there. It's almost like he makes decisions just to prove hes an analytics guy. A strength is this defense not to mention we were getting no push and even worse a simple challenge by a good booth staff knowing Donald was off sides would have got first down anyway. Frustrating Taylor better than Marvin but still extremely frustrating.
Reply/Quote
Red Zone is either quick hit or the receivers need time to get open in confined space. There was no time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
RedZone and short yardage killed this team. You can debate playcalling, but it all comes down to the O-Line
Reply/Quote