Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
37 sec left 1st and 10
Watch this play if anyone still has it. You can clearly see a player run down field at Burfict and dive right for his knee's. This was just one of many. Not to mention the hold on Johnson.
Reply/Quote
The play I'll remember is the 4th and 3. Usually the Bengals fully come through in those positions.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
cant say we didnt have our chances to win the game.
Reply/Quote
Obviously the play I have burned in my head is the fumble.

To me, I have so many different scenarios playing in my head concerning that situation.

Did anyone tell Hill not to fumble the ball? I would like to think so. Does anyone need to tell him? I would like to think not. However he did fumble the ball.

Also, instead of just saying "Don't fumble the ball!" Did anyone remind him to run with 2 hands on the ball? Obviously he didn't listen if they did, but again, this is something that doesn't even really need to be said.

I keep thinking what if he ran with 2 hands on the ball. Does he pick up the 5-6 yards? Or does he get only 1-3 or any yards at that?

I would have loved to have seen him hold onto the ball at least 2 times before fumbling, which means the Steelers would have taken 2 time outs.

Then that final series would have probably been over since they needed 4 downs to get a 1st down. They would have wanted to save the TO for when they were in FG range, which means they would have had to hurry up, which would increase the chance of a mistake.

That fumble was huge. Instead Burfict being hailed a hero and the toast of the town. Instead of the Defense being heralded and the narrative being "Bengals keep poise and calm, Comeback in 4th to defeat Steelers". We are now left with "Bengals meltdown, can't win in the postseason." Now the narrative is Burfict is a dirty player, and that the team in general are dirty players. We have fans wanting us to throw out 2 of our best defensive players, all because Hill didn't run with 2 hands on the ball. If Hill would have ran with 2 hands on the ball for 3 downs and we succeed in kicking the FG and go up by 4, then we are having a completely different discussions on this MB.
Reply/Quote