Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
38 Points ?????
After 4 games our defense never came close to giving up 38 points to the Chiefs.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs aren’t a good team. Refs helped them a lot tonight.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: After 4 games our defense never came close to giving up 38 points to the Chiefs.

7 points were scored by the KC Defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:12 AM)Tomkat Wrote: 7 points were scored by the KC Defense.

Plus the punt return was essentially another 7. That being said, I wasn’t all that impressed with the Eagles D. Oh and the Chiefs could have easily scored a TD on their final drive so I’ll go with Eagles D gave up 28.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 02:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Plus the punt return was essentially another 7. That being said, I wasn’t all that impressed with the Eagles D. Oh and the Chiefs could have easily scored a TD on their final drive so I’ll go with Eagles D gave up 28.

I agree,  I expected more outta Philly's defense and their special teams.  The fumble hurt but special teams grounded the Eagles.  Ppl can gripe and moan about the refs---- BUUUUTTT Jalen Hurt's fumble in a game like that was unlike him, Philly's drive sputtered when they had the chance to put it away and settled for an FG, and Philly allowing that big return at the end was truly a dagger.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this is why Lou should be the one who Arizona hires. He knows how to handle elite QBs.

I still hope they go with Gannon though haha.
Reply/Quote
Interesting responses.

Philly's D didn't face many, if any, teams with three Pro Bowl o-linemen. Yesterday, they did.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 08:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Interesting responses.

Philly's D didn't face many, if any, teams with three Pro Bowl o-linemen. Yesterday, they did.

With his ankle-sprain and obvious limp, Mahomes really benefitted from exceptional OL play. Hurts was under duress all game, and Mahomes didn't even seem to be pressured and zero sacks.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 08:37 AM)Nepa Wrote: With his ankle-sprain and obvious limp, Mahomes really benefitted from exceptional OL play. Hurts was under duress all game, and Mahomes didn't even seem to be pressured and zero sacks.

Mahomes was also able to get out of pressure with his feet. But for the most part you’re right.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 08:37 AM)Nepa Wrote: With his ankle-sprain and obvious limp, Mahomes really benefitted from exceptional OL play. Hurts was under duress all game, and Mahomes didn't even seem to be pressured and zero sacks.

Really sick of people babying him for his ankle (not you). He ran just as well as he normally does. It was his 2nd most rush yards all year and his most came in an OT game. He played, he doesn’t get to get extra credit for being “hurt.”
Reply/Quote
We’ve talked about it ad nauseam but we’ve got to fix our OL. Did notice Andy Reid used our play that Chris Evans scored on near the goal line in our first game. He used it just like we did.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: After 4 games our defense never came close to giving up 38 points to the Chiefs.

one was a defensive score last night but yea, 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ve talked about it ad nauseam but we’ve got to fix our OL. Did notice Andy Reid used our play that Chris Evans scored on near the goal line in our first game. He used it just like we did.

The O-line has cost the Bengals 2 Super Bowls.  It has to be fixed.  That means getting rid of Jonah and his league leading sacks given up and Collins who was a disappointment even when healthy.  Adeniji isnt a suitable replacement.  You also need to look at Volson.  Yes, he was a rookie but he still did not play all that good.  Are people going to continue to make up excuses for Volson if he continues to play like he did this past season?  We need better production from the LG position regardless of whatever excuse is going to be used.

Mahomes has an elite offensive line, Burrow does not.  Mahomes has a huge advantage and is going to be much tougher to beat when Burrow has a subpar O-line blocking for him.  You cant expect to win the Super Bowl like that.  If Burrow had 3 Pro Bowlers on his offensive line, giving him the time Mahomes has, we crush K.C. 
Reply/Quote
I suppose things vary from game to game but I definitely was left with the impression that Phillie's defense was not as good as some people think. Some of those WRs were totally uncovered. KC would send a man in motion and have him change direction behind a TE and the person covering him just seemed to lose him. Then the motion WR ended up alone in the endzone with no one around them. It was sad how easy they made it for KC.

The refs were also an issue. They did not call PI on KC. They did not call holding all game. But they call holding at the end and give the game to the Chiefs???

Anyways, my takeway is that if the Bengals get a good offensive line with depth we can win multiple championships. Burrow. Then the offensive line. Everything else should come after that.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 02:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The O-line has cost the Bengals 2 Super Bowls.  It has to be fixed.  That means getting rid of Jonah and his league leading sacks given up and Collins who was a disappointment even when healthy.  Adeniji isnt a suitable replacement.  You also need to look at Volson.  Yes, he was a rookie but he still did not play all that good.  Are people going to continue to make up excuses for Volson if he continues to play like he did this past season?  We need better production from the LG position regardless of whatever excuse is going to be used.

Mahomes has an elite offensive line, Burrow does not.  Mahomes has a huge advantage and is going to be much tougher to beat when Burrow has a subpar O-line blocking for him.  You cant expect to win the Super Bowl like that.  If Burrow had 3 Pro Bowlers on his offensive line, giving him the time Mahomes has, we crush K.C. 

Well you have to be realistic. Volson had a very good rookie year and they’ve got him at a great price. They need to draft an OL first this go around. See how he does before you move on from Collins and Jonah. The OL before Collins issue was adequate. We were 2-1 vs Buff and KC. But spending 15 million times 2 on two tackles would be reckless.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 03:08 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I suppose things vary from game to game but I definitely was left with the impression that Phillie's defense was not as good as some people think. Some of those WRs were totally uncovered. KC would send a man in motion and have him change direction behind a TE and the person covering him just seemed to lose him. Then the motion WR ended up alone in the endzone with no one around them. It was sad how easy they made it for KC.

The refs were also an issue. They did not call PI on KC. They did not call holding all game. But they call holding at the end and give the game to the Chiefs???

Anyways, my takeway is that if the Bengals get a good offensive line with depth we can win multiple championships. Burrow. Then the offensive line. Everything else should come after that.

Almost everyone can see the Bengals O-line is the problem.  Does the Bengals management see this is a problem?  Do they actually fix the O-line this off season or do they try to put a band-aid on it thinking mediocre is good enough?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 03:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Almost everyone can see the Bengals O-line is the problem.  Does the Bengals management see this is a problem?  Do they actually fix the O-line this off season or do they try to put a band-aid on it thinking mediocre is good enough?

I mean god damn they signed 3 guys and all of them just ended up hurt by the end of the season.

They did address it. It wasn’t a band aid. All 3 guys they signed were signed for multiple years. Those guys were supposed to be the fix. I hate having the conversation and acting as if we didn’t do our job for Burrow and sign some guys. They just got hurt. What do you want them to do? Sign 3 more guys this off-season and draft on top of that?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I had convinced myself that the Eagles would have destroyed our o line and we would have been in for a hammering.

The state of that field last night could have resulted in another Buffalo performance and we could be celebrating today.

Add in the dodgy holding call giving me PTSD.

We have to fix the line and draft an effective RB and we can win it all, we are so close the office can’t **** this off-season up.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 03:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well you have to be realistic. Volson had a very good rookie year and they’ve got him at a great price. They need to draft an OL first this go around. See how he does before you move on from Collins and Jonah. The OL before Collins issue was adequate. We were 2-1 vs Buff and KC. But spending 15 million times 2 on two tackles would be reckless.

Statistically the Bengals were bottom 1/3 of all NFL teams in sacks allowed for the season.  Yes we went 2-1 against Buffalo and K.C. but I think that speaks more to how great a QB Burrow really is even with a weak O-line and also speaks to how good Lou is as the DC.  Ultimately though the Bengals lost the game that mattered most because of a subpar O-line, the same as last year.  Nobody that has watched this team should be trying to claim the O-line isnt the problem.  It should be clear to everyone the O-line is the teams biggest issue that has prevented them from winning 2 Super Bowls.

As far as players, Jonah will make 12.6 million this next season.  He is not worth that and should be traded if anybody is interested.  That is 12.6 million that could be used toward a legit LT instead of being spent on the guy who leads the NFL in sacks allowed

Collins did pretty good in run blocking but not so well in pass protection.  Pass proctection should be the #1 priority.  Collins was very inconsistant and then was injured.  He will be unavailable for most of next season if not all of it.  You absolutely need someone else to play RT because Collins wont be healthy and your only other option right now is Adeniji.  You think the Bengals can roll Adeniji out there next year? They need to sign someone better to replace Adeniji for the RT position.  If you are going sign an upgrade at RT why keep Collins when he is injured and wont play anyway plus you could save 7.7 million in cap space.

Volson was just a rookie but wasnt that good.  I understand being a rookie you cant expect the same level of play as someone who has years of experience and Volson doesnt cost a lot of money but at the same time you have to be honest and say the LG postion play was below average and needs to improve.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ve talked about it ad nauseam but we’ve got to fix our OL. Did notice Andy Reid used our play that Chris Evans scored on near the goal line in our first game. He used it just like we did.

I really thought this was our season.  I am still really disappointed.  Trying to get positve, but watching Mahomes have all day back there and winning another MVP, another Supebowl and hosting 5 consecutive AFCCG's just seems like we will never ever win a Superbowl in my lifetime or maybe ever.

Put whoever you want at QB, our O-line has to be perfectly healthy or it's all down hill.

The thing that bothers me the most and I just can't get out of my head was watching watching our o-line completely suck ass when it mattered the most.  It was like nothing changed from the year prior.  Watching the Chiefs straight whoop our o-line like they were playing a High School JV team.  Just sucks so bad.  I really thought this year was it.    Nope.

Sorry for the rant.  Just sill so disgusted with that Chiefs game and our o-line.  And then the whole Bills/NFL bullcrap.   Just an absolutely horrible way to end the season.
Reply/Quote