Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
38 Points ?????
(02-13-2023, 02:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The O-line has cost the Bengals 2 Super Bowls.  It has to be fixed.  That means getting rid of Jonah and his league leading sacks given up and Collins who was a disappointment even when healthy.  Adeniji isnt a suitable replacement.  You also need to look at Volson.  Yes, he was a rookie but he still did not play all that good.  Are people going to continue to make up excuses for Volson if he continues to play like he did this past season?  We need better production from the LG position regardless of whatever excuse is going to be used.

Mahomes has an elite offensive line, Burrow does not.  Mahomes has a huge advantage and is going to be much tougher to beat when Burrow has a subpar O-line blocking for him.  You cant expect to win the Super Bowl like that.  If Burrow had 3 Pro Bowlers on his offensive line, giving him the time Mahomes has, we crush K.C. 

Yep, I truly believe believe we would have just won our 2nd SB in a row if it wasn't for our JV trash o-line that NEVER seems to get fixed for any period of time.

Effing Mahomes could have cooked a steak back there with all the time he has.  Put him behind our o-line and he probably has a broken ankle and out for the year.   Year after year after year our o-line just sucks.  

Sorry, lmao, I'm just letting it all out.  I have not posted or talked about this since we lost.  I haven't even looked at anything football related until I watched most of the game last night.  Have not been on here, no NFL media, nothing.  Was just so absolutely and utterly disgusted in our o-line play and some play calling I just had to step away and now it comes gushing out of my pie hole.   lol

I want to have faith and believe and it is much better than it has ever been, but damnit, I want to finally win a SB and the o-line as usual ruined it for us.  I need to mute myself.  lol.

Now all effing offseason, and the beginning of next season, and into the season and the end of the season is going to be nothing but the talking heads giving head to Mahomes.  Ugh.  Effff!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 03:43 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean god damn they signed 3 guys and all of them just ended up hurt by the end of the season.

They did address it. It wasn’t a band aid. All 3 guys they signed were signed for multiple years. Those guys were supposed to be the fix. I hate having the conversation and acting as if we didn’t do our job for Burrow and sign some guys. They just got hurt. What do you want them to do? Sign 3 more guys this off-season and draft on top of that?

I want them to fix the O-line.  It has cost this team 2 Super Bowls.  I want this team to do a better job in assessing the talent they are drafting and signing for the O-line.

You think what they have done is enough?  You want them to send Jonah Williams and his NFL leading sacks allowed back out there again next season to get Burrow smacked around some more?  You want the team to send Adeniji back out there at RT protecting Burrow?  That sounds like a good idea to you? because Collins wont play much if at all next year at RT because he is injured and wont be ready not that it would matter a whole lot anyway because even when he was healthy he was not all that good as his 57.9 PFF grade would indicate

They need to do something about the LT and RT positions and Volson with his 51.6 PFF grade needs to step up his game.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The Chiefs aren’t a good team. Refs helped them a lot tonight.

I read somewhere (probably here) that Chiefs fans were bitching because the refs hosed them on some calls. I really call BS on that one because I watched the game and didn't see it. I guess when refs are moving things in your favor all year and miss one opportunity to help them again, it could seem that way.

(02-13-2023, 10:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Really sick of people babying him for his ankle (not you). He ran just as well as he normally does. It was his 2nd most rush yards all year and his most came in an OT game. He played, he doesn’t get to get extra credit for being “hurt.”

Damn right he doesn't. When he went hopping off the field, you thought his night would be bad. That long run he made was limp-free. But, that's a narrative that will be used.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 04:13 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The state of that field last night could have resulted in another Buffalo performance and we could be celebrating today.

The field was very wet and slippery. I think Rihanna’s water broke.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 08:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Interesting responses.

Philly's D didn't face many, if any, teams with three Pro Bowl o-linemen. Yesterday, they did.

Those pro bowlers got away with another 25 holds.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 04:33 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Statistically the Bengals were bottom 1/3 of all NFL teams in sacks allowed for the season.  Yes we went 2-1 against Buffalo and K.C. but I think that speaks more to how great a QB Burrow really is even with a weak O-line and also speaks to how good Lou is as the DC.  Ultimately though the Bengals lost the game that mattered most because of a subpar O-line, the same as last year.  Nobody that has watched this team should be trying to claim the O-line isnt the problem.  It should be clear to everyone the O-line is the teams biggest issue that has prevented them from winning 2 Super Bowls.

As far as players, Jonah will make 12.6 million this next season.  He is not worth that and should be traded if anybody is interested.  That is 12.6 million that could be used toward a legit LT instead of being spent on the guy who leads the NFL in sacks allowed

Collins did pretty good in run blocking but not so well in pass protection.  Pass proctection should be the #1 priority.  Collins was very inconsistant and then was injured.  He will be unavailable for most of next season if not all of it.  You absolutely need someone else to play RT because Collins wont be healthy and your only other option right now is Adeniji.  You think the Bengals can roll Adeniji out there next year? They need to sign someone better to replace Adeniji for the RT position.  If you are going sign an upgrade at RT why keep Collins when he is injured and wont play anyway plus you could save 7.7 million in cap space.

Volson was just a rookie but wasnt that good.  I understand being a rookie you cant expect the same level of play as someone who has years of experience and Volson doesnt cost a lot of money but at the same time you have to be honest and say the LG postion play was below average and needs to improve.

(02-13-2023, 04:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I really thought this was our season.  I am still really disappointed.  Trying to get positve, but watching Mahomes have all day back there and winning another MVP, another Supebowl and hosting 5 consecutive AFCCG's just seems like we will never ever win a Superbowl in my lifetime or maybe ever.

Put whoever you want at QB, our O-line has to be perfectly healthy or it's all down hill.

The thing that bothers me the most and I just can't get out of my head was watching watching our o-line completely suck ass when it mattered the most.  It was like nothing changed from the year prior.  Watching the Chiefs straight whoop our o-line like they were playing a High School JV team.  Just sucks so bad.  I really thought this year was it.    Nope.

Sorry for the rant.  Just sill so disgusted with that Chiefs game and our o-line.  And then the whole Bills/NFL bullcrap.   Just an absolutely horrible way to end the season.

Not a buyer the OL wasn’t improved until the injuries. We won 10 games in a row and got beat by the SB champs last second with 3 OL starters out. It’s still a huge issue. Not a buyer we need to go spend more money again in FA. We are going to have to get it done in the draft. The money is needed elsewhere .
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 05:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The field was very wet and slippery. I think Rihanna’s water broke.

Mellow Ewww.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 05:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not a buyer the OL wasn’t improved until the injuries. We won 10 games in a row and got beat by the SB champs last second with 3 OL starters out. It’s still a huge issue.   Not a buyer we need to go spend more money again in FA. We are going to have to get it done in the draft. The money is needed elsewhere .

I dont disagree the O-line was improved this year but it still wasnt very good even when fully healthy.  You still had Williams at LT who in 2021 gave up the 5th most sacks in the NFL with 8 come back in 2022 and led the league with 12.  At RT you had Collins come in, give up 5 sacks and post a 57.9 PFF grade.  Last year Riley Reiff gave up 3 sacks and had a 64.3 PFF grade before being injured.  At LG Volson gave up 5 sacks and graded out at 51.6 while last year Quinton Spain gave up 5 sacks and graded out at 72.3.  

Karras and Cappa were improvments over Hopkins and Adeniji but the other 3 positions on the OL were about the same or worse than last year.  Overall, it was an improvement but still a bottom tier O-line.  We cant keep putting Burrow out there year after year behind a subpar O-line and expecting him to work miracles when he has to go up against Mahomes and his elite O-line.  This is what Burrow is up against:  https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/13/orlando-brown-chiefs-offensive-line-zero-sacks-shirt-eagles
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 07:07 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont disagree the O-line was improved this year but it still wasnt very good even when fully healthy.  You still had Williams at LT who in 2021 gave up the 5th most sacks in the NFL with 8 come back in 2022 and led the league with 12.  At RT you had Collins come in, give up 5 sacks and post a 57.9 PFF grade.  Last year Riley Reiff gave up 3 sacks and had a 64.3 PFF grade before being injured.  At LG Volson gave up 5 sacks and graded out at 51.6 while last year Quinton Spain gave up 5 sacks and graded out at 72.3.  

Karras and Cappa were improvments over Hopkins and Adeniji but the other 3 positions on the OL were about the same or worse than last year.  Overall, it was an improvement but still a bottom tier O-line.  We cant keep putting Burrow out there year after year behind a subpar O-line and expecting him to work miracles when he has to go up against Mahomes and his elite O-line.This is what Burrow is up against:  https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/13/orlando-brown-chiefs-offensive-line-zero-sacks-shirt-eagles

Stop we’ve won the last 3-4 vs Mahomes. He beat us on an ill timed and uncharacteristic punt return and personal foul resulting in a last second loss. Now the OL needs work. But we’ve got money invested. Jonah was an issue. But 20 million we don’t have to hit that position group again in FA. We can damn sure draft a good OT in the first round though
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The Chiefs aren’t a good team. Refs helped them a lot tonight.

lol.. so 2nd least penalties called in SB, KC losses what should looked like a overturn challenge, Philly scores.. Hurts never gets hit fumbles a ball for a KC TD.. Philly has terrible punt coverage , give KC a easy field position for a TD.. Philly scores, gets a 2 point conversion (no penalties on the drive), then they can;t stop KC as they march down in position for short FG.. player admit holding, retired ref and announcer sees holding... so where again did refs help KC alot ??
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 01:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: After 4 games our defense never came close to giving up 38 points to the Chiefs.

And we have  never came close to 38 against their defense... 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 12:09 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And we have  never came close to 38 against their defense... 

Right. 34 is waaaaaayyyyyyyy less than 38. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 12:09 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And we have  never came close to 38 against their defense... 

The issue is the Bengal's Defense compared to the Eagle's Defense, which is why the title of this post is 38 Points ?????
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 02:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. 34 is waaaaaayyyyyyyy less than 38. 

out of the spread.. so yes.. lol.. point is we have not racked up a bunch of points overall in our 4 games.. I really don;t know why a high scoring game in SB has much to do with Bengals
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: out of the spread.. so yes.. lol.. point is we have not racked up a bunch of points overall in our 4 games.. I really don;t know why a high scoring game in SB has much to do with Bengals

The issue is our DEFENSE did a lot better than the top-ranked defense of the NFL.
Not sure why this was moved to "Around the NFL", this topic is about the Bengals defense compared to the Eagles.  Whatever  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 03:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The issue is the Bengal's Defense compared to the Eagle's Defense, which is why the title of this post is 38 Points ?????

well lets be fair to Eagles defense, did they really give up 38 points ? or 24 points to be fair.. 7 points was a defense TD and one TD game on a 5 yard drive... so your 38 points really is not reflective of their defense... and one game is also not reflective of how good a defense has played for a season. 

For example the Steelers ranked 26th in scoring at 18 points yet they averaged 26.5 points against us.. does that mean our defense is not good ?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well lets be fair to Eagles defense, did they really give up 38 points ? or 24 points to be fair.. 7 points was a defense TD and one TD game on a 5 yard drive... so your 38 points really is not reflective of their defense... and one game is also not reflective of how good a defense has played for a season. 

For example the Steelers ranked 26th in scoring at 18 points yet they averaged 26.5 points against us.. does that mean our defense is not good ?

Read the comments on the Game Day threads from some of your fellow Bengals Brothers/Sisters about our defense.  Hilarious
Then when we win. Shy
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Read the comments on the Game Day threads from some of your fellow Bengals Brothers/Sisters about our defense.  Hilarious
Then when we win. Shy

nice way to avoid a clear question on blaming Eagles defense for 38 points and using one game as the measure for a defense...

PS Eagles gave up less yards to KC, than Bengals ... not trashing our defense but again your thread really lacks merit on the Eagles defense
Reply/Quote