Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3RR, SuperFlex, and other new normals
It's been roughly 10 years since I was in a competitive money FFL. I agreed to join a Dynasty league that's running some things that I didn't really see in the past. I've done redraft leagues, dynasty leagues, and keeper leagues. Keepers are actually my favorite since it offers more flexibility when you decide you're gonna throw in the towel and retool for the following season. With that said, I need help forming an opinion on the following items:

Third Round Reversal - We're using this for the startup instead of Auction. It seems like it balances the bottom of the draft but in terms of value is it really worth it if you're in the last two spots of the draft?

Superflex - I think this is just an awful idea and whoever came up with this should be taken out back and shot (wherever they are). No matter how you slice in, QBs end up outscoring position players in what seems like 90% of the time. Why the hell would I not just draft a QB with my first two picks (if i don't end up with like JJ type position player)

Elimination of Def and Kicker - I honestly don't care too much about this one.

Also, bench sizes seemed to have grown significantly. Seem like it's normal for dynasty leagues to have crazy roster sizes. The league i agreed to play in has 9 starters, 20 bench! and 5 taxi spots for rookies. Some quick math means thats like 75% of all possible 53 man roster players. When you remove ST only players and all the QB2/QB3s then that's like almost every possible eligible skill position player being drafted.....makes FA and waiver wire pretty pointless to me and makes it harder for bad teams to retool.

I don't think I like any of this but someone with experience on these items is welcome to change my mind.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote