Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3WT 1.0
21-  Mike McGlinchey - OT        He's big, he's got great wingspan, he's strong and he's SMART.    Great right tackle to go
                                              with Glenn on the left side.

46 - Frank Ragnow - C              He's strong, anchors well, gets out to the 2nd level well and he's SMART.   He's a really
                                              good center

77 - Alex Cappa - OT                I really wanted Nathan Shepherd here, but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone.   I think this guy
                                              will be a really good left tackle, will make a really good backup while he develops and is
                                              really SMART

100- Derrick Nnandi - DT          I know we took Chris Baker, but I want another stud run stopper.  I've heard him
                                             described as "unmovable" with "violent" hands, with the potential to develop as an interior
                                             penetrator.  The  focus this year has to be the trenches.  We've been losing there on both
                                             sides of the ball.

112 - Shaquem Griffen - LB      Oh I hope this guy is still there!   Here's the x-factor in nickel packages who can cover
                                             running backs and tight ends and blitz when necessary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the first 2 picks.

I'm not a fan of waiting until the 2nd round to address the Center position. It's far too important of a position. Even if we pass on a center in round 1, I would much rather see a guy like Wynn or Hernandez.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not a fan of the first 2 picks.

I'm not a fan of waiting until the 2nd round to address the Center position.  It's far too important of a position.  Even if we pass on a center in round 1, I would much rather see a guy like Wynn or Hernandez.

nahhhh linebacker needs to be addressed earlier along with center.  no thanks
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: nahhhh linebacker needs to be addressed earlier along with center.  no thanks

Considering that we only use 2 linebackers over 75% of the time, there's not a lot of need for another guy.

That being said, the only LBs worthy of a first round pick are Edmunds and Smith, and they will both be gone by then.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:09 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Considering that we only use 2 linebackers over 75% of the time, there's not a lot of need for another guy.

That being said, the only LBs worthy of a first round pick are Edmunds and Smith, and they will both be gone by then.

I agree with all of this although Rashaan Evans is sneaking into the first round from 25-32. But with addition of brown u could sell me on not needing to address the LB spot rd1 especially with us in the nickel more often than not however my concern is who we have behind burfict in brown which is safe to say no one competent and I don’t wanna take such a huge hit again when we lose burfict not if, but when. Why not a darius Leonard in the 3rd. Guy flys around like a felon smith would be great in sub packages can run with tight ends is a nasty hitter with a lot of upside freak athlete. I love the guy and can make I relax at lb. vigil Evans and Rey are proven soft. Hell that was the knock on Evans at Oklahoma...he’s soft. I like Leonard in the 3rd or still Evans in the first. Linebacker scares me with burfict. When he’s gone our teams gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 11:12 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I agree with all of this although Rashaan Evans is sneaking into the first round from 25-32.  But with addition of brown u could sell me on not needing to address the LB spot rd1 especially with us in the nickel more often than not however my concern is who we have behind burfict in brown which is safe to say no one competent and I don’t wanna take such a huge hit again when we lose burfict not if, but when.  Why not a darius Leonard in the 3rd.  Guy flys around like a felon smith would be great in sub packages can run with tight ends is a nasty hitter with a lot of upside freak athlete.  I love the guy and can make I relax at lb.  vigil Evans and Rey are proven soft.  Hell that was the knock on Evans at Oklahoma...he’s soft.  I like Leonard in the 3rd or still Evans in the first.  Linebacker scares me with burfict.  When he’s gone our teams gone.

I can't argue with that one bit.  Although I think we absolutely have to have a top tier center out of this draft.  I don't think you can run the risk of waiting until round 2 for it.

I also think you could make a move up into the late first/early second if you want to get a LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 05:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not a fan of the first 2 picks.

I'm not a fan of waiting until the 2nd round to address the Center position.  It's far too important of a position.  Even if we pass on a center in round 1, I would much rather see a guy like Wynn or Hernandez.

Thanks for the input Hammerstripes.   I go back and forth on who to draft in 1.    If we want Hernandez, Price, Daniels or Wynn we'll have to get them in the first.   I don't believe any of them will be available at 46 - though never say never, right?  But it would be a heck of a gamble.

And there is a risk that Ragnow will even be there in the 2nd, though I'd say that the odds are pretty good.

Still I'd be very happy with Price in the first and someone like Crosby in the 2nd.   He's a big guy that will be better than what we have at the R tackle spot right now.    And there's the long shot Brown will be available at 46.

You are correct that center is a priority.    I hope the Bengals treat it the same way.  Even though Bodine (who may be gone anyway) improved with the line scheme at the end of the season, he seemed really poor at identifying stunts and reacting appropriately.   It was so bad that even Zietler had trouble coordinating with him.   And when he did it was because he figured out what kind of moves Bodine was going to make - not the other way around (at least it appeared that way).

I'd love to have Wynn or Hernandez at guard, but I don't see them being there and I agree with you that Center is the priority.   But we are also going to have to have a right tackle.  Fisher has not panned out yet.  I think Ragnow is underrated and McGlinchey would make a really nice bookend.

Finally, I'd be thrilled to have Rashaad Evans at 21.   I think he's underrated and would be better than Brown - or could play the SAM in 1st down packages and combine with Burfict in the nickel package.

Thanks again for your input

-
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer Evans in the first over McGLinchy and I'd be set. Evans can play WILL during the impending Burfict suspension and all subsequent injuries/suspensions he gets this year. We then rotate Burfict's money to Brown after the season and Evans and Brown are our linebacker foundation for the next four years. I'll wait for a center in the 2nd round as there are three viable options and as I have preached, with only 2 going in the 1st round the last 5 years I feel relatively confident one gets to us in the 2nd. We have the fire power to slide up in the 2nd if we need to in order to ensure we get one. After that I good with it going the listed direction.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:09 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Considering that we only use 2 linebackers over 75% of the time, there's not a lot of need for another guy.

You should definitely put R. Evans on that list as well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:57 PM)dr1441 Wrote: You should definitely put R. Evans on that list as well. 

True.  I just see him more as a bottom of the first round type.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:52 PM)3wt Wrote: 21-  Mike McGlinchey - OT        He's big, he's got great wingspan, he's strong and he's SMART.    Great right tackle to go
                                              with Glenn on the left side.

46 - Frank Ragnow - C              He's strong, anchors well, gets out to the 2nd level well and he's SMART.   He's a really
                                              good center

77 - Alex Cappa - OT                I really wanted Nathan Shepherd here, but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone.   I think this guy
                                              will be a really good left tackle, will make a really good backup while he develops and is
                                              really SMART

100- Derrick Nnandi - DT          I know we took Chris Baker, but I want another stud run stopper.  I've heard him
                                             described as "unmovable" with "violent" hands, with the potential to develop as an interior
                                             penetrator.  The  focus this year has to be the trenches.  We've been losing there on both
                                             sides of the ball.

112 - Shaquem Griffen - LB      Oh I hope this guy is still there!   Here's the x-factor in nickel packages who can cover
                                             running backs and tight ends and blitz when necessary.

I have nothing wrong to say about this Draft especially if Cappa can play RT and Griffin can play SAM backer.

Would love this man, Great early mock that takes care of the trenches and our weaknesses.

I would love us to take a Center in the first but they fall all the time. Cannot act desperate.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 10:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have nothing wrong to say about this Draft especially if Cappa can play RT and Griffin can play SAM backer.

Would love this man, Great early mock that takes care of the trenches and our weaknesses.

I would love us to take a Center in the first but they fall all the time. Cannot act desperate.

I won't lie.  I have desperate feelings about getting a good center out of this draft.  I'm going to have to get an Rx for Xanax for the draft this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 12:58 PM)3wt Wrote: I won't lie.  I have desperate feelings about getting a good center out of this draft.  I'm going to have to get an Rx for Xanax for the draft this year.

As long as we get one of Price, Ragnow, Daniels, Wynn or Cole i will be happy.

Wynn or Cole are more the versatile type and Wynn has never played Center but i think he could, same with Cole.

I do want a Center that actually played there in college most of the time though so Price, Ragnow and Daniels are my top tier
for this position. Westerman was compared with Alex Mack and we never used him at Center, would be afraid we would do the
same with Wynn but that was before we brought in Frank Pollack. Things should be much different around here.
Reply/Quote