Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Presidential Debate
(10-23-2020, 10:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As far as state minimum wages, those already exist. I didn't see that part, but if Trump was implying that state minimum wages don't exist, that's a lie. 

Don't worry, he was not implying that. His point was that you shouldn't have the same, high minimum wage across the country. Disagree with that all you like, but he was not implying that at all.

(10-23-2020, 10:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think some states do not have minimum wages or their minimum wage is less than the federal minimum wage, in which case the federal minimum wage is implemented.
There is a federal minimum wage and there are, according to Google, 4 states with lower than the federal rate (Arkansa, Georgia, Minnesota and Wyoming). There are also some states that do not have a minimum wage. I was mistaken earlier when I said states aren't allowed to have lower minimum wages than the federal level.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 10:12 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No doubt, but they would definitely be pro-Trump moderators.

They'd be pro Trump but not technically moderators, though.  But my point was more about how being pro Trump is more specific to him than actual conservatism. 

The minimum wage debate is just an endless argument that distracts from the intentional fragility of our deficit-oriented inflation and two party zeal for fiscal irresponsibility for short term political gains.  In my mind, at least.  It's all artificial bandaid style deck chair shifting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad that the moderator asked Biden about Hunters business dealings.

Also asked him a tough question about the crime bill from the 90's.

Not really attacking, but at least I don't have to hear the right never ending whining about how the media is protecting Biden.

Did not watch most of it, but from what I saw Trump dialed back the psycho tough-guy act. Someone somewhere finally got through to him that it is going to take more than his small fanatic base to win this election.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 10:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Points for Biden using the word malarkey, though. 

He knows what his brand is.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 09:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fine, Alex Jones or Eric Trump.  Have it your way! Ninja

But seriously I doubt Trump even wants a moderator on his side.  His complaining about being mistreated is key to his branding.

Trump wants "softball questions" but what would they be?

Unless it is OANN or Hannity asking front loaded "How do you manage to save the economy and defeat ISIS in 24 hours while battling the Democrats with one arm and covid?" there are no softball questions.

Last night seemed fair.  The moderator attempted to keep them both on the topic and to make them answer the question not go off on an unrelated tangent.  Trump wasn't as crazy as the 1st debate (that won't last) and lied in a calmer tone of voice, so he gets "points" for being better than the incredibly low bar he set for himself.  Biden was about the same as last time.  I don't see this changing any minds unless there are undecideds that wanted to see if the POTUS could not act like a petulant child for two hours every now and again.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I want to know more about our past good relationship with Hitler.

Can you imagine the absolute hyper-ventilation that would be going on if Trump would have stated that?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 09:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I want to hear more about our past good relationship with Hitler

I bet you do.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I want to know more about our past good relationship with Hitler.

Can you imagine the absolute hyper-ventilation that would be going on if Trump would have stated that?

Is Biden the one talking about how buddy buddy he is with a dictator in this scenario, then?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Biden the one talking about how buddy buddy he is with a dictator in this scenario, then?

Yes. I do believe China was part of the discussion.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. I do believe China was part of the discussion.

Not sure I'd compare China to a specific dictator of a country we've been at odds with for generations, but I do support your mission to place both candidates somewhere in the proverbial piss bucket. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not sure I'd compare China to a specific dictator of a country we've been at odds with for generations, but I do support your mission to place both candidates somewhere in the proverbial piss bucket. 

Any thoughts on Biden's Hitler comments or is it Cause Trump?

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Any thoughts on Biden's Hitler comments or is it Cause Trump?

Trump was talking about trusting a known dictator with a known agenda and Biden pointed out a historical comparison you are free to declare apt or off base.  

So yes, cause Trump because that's how a retort/response works. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump was talking about trusting a known dictator with a known agenda and Biden pointed out a historical comparison you are free to declare apt or off base.  

So yes, cause Trump because that's how a retort/response works. 

Yes, that's why I said I wanted to know more about our past good relationship with Hitler. You "answered" something else.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, that's why I said I wanted to know more about our past good relationship with Hitler. You "answered" something else.

I'm addressing your assertion that Biden mentioning Hitler would be a pearl clutching moment had Trump done it. I focus on the social and psychological aspects of politics. 

History isn't my forte, but we also know you aren't asking for a history lesson from the posters here, too.  Learn more about pre Ww2 relations between the USA and Hitler at your local library. 
Reply/Quote
One thing missing from last night was Trump talking about saving the coal industry.  Now it's the oil industry (which isn't exactly flailing about).

Maybe he saved it and we all missed it?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: One thing missing from last night was Trump talking about saving the coal industry.  Now it's the oil industry (which isn't exactly flailing about).

Maybe he saved it and we all missed it?

I could be wrong, but I think Trump was talking about saving it from Biden's energy plan.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 11:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think Trump was talking about saving it from Biden's energy plan.

It's possible he mentioned it.  I'll have to find a transcript.  There was such a big kerfuffle about oil it might have gotten passed up when I wasn't paying attention.
Reply/Quote
Admittedly the site listed says NOTHING about windmills causing cancer though so you tell me.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Admittedly the site listed says NOTHING about windmills causing cancer though so you tell me.  Mellow

Whodathunk American jobs could depend on cleaner energy sources.  
Reply/Quote