Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-0....Great Start Bengals
Teams that start 4-0 have made play-offs 84 % or 87 % of the time. .....Only 4th time in Bengals history team has started 4-0.......2005, 1988 are 2 others.......So 2 of the best 4 starts ever for this franchise have been under Coach Lewis......Now I know Bengals still have 12 games left, 4 with the NFC West including Seattle, and 5 tough games in the rival AFC North.....and I know some people keep saying how hard the schedule gets.....but let us remember also that the Bengals can finish no worse than 3-1 against the AFC West and Oakland beating Baltimore and Cleveland after Bengals beat Oakland was huge. Also Bengals are 1-0 against AFC North so far, and 4-0 against AFC teams which is a factor in who goes to play-offs. ....So  don't remember if TV said 84 % or 87 %, but the 4-0 start has greatly increased the chances of making it 5 straight  play-off seasons

Some have even posted threads saying don't get too much into this team and this start because you are in for a let down later. I don't buy that. The team is 4-0 and as fans, we should be happy. If the team was 0-4 or 1-3 we would have reason to worry, but at 4-0, why should we be the wimpy Bengals fans, as Browns and Steelers fans use to call us. 4-0 is a great start.  I'm hoping the fans end up talking about getting a bye week or having home field advantage in the AFC Championship Game.

At 4-0, when you talk teams with Super Bowl chances, you have to include BENGALS because of our great D Line and a solid D behind it, and a solid O Line and Dalton becoming a veteran QB with many rushing and receiving weapons, plus some solid special team of long time punter, kicker and return men. Also a very good coaching staff including Hue, the DB coach, the QB coach that has been working with Dalton. ...at 4-0, when you talk Super Bowl, you have to add BENGALS to the top teams starting out in 2015.......Remember, only the Packers, Patriots, Broncos and Bengals have been in the last 4 play-offs, the Bengals having the youngest players of the 4 and the youngest QB. The 2015 start of 4-0 shows this team is consistent and will probably make it 5 straight play-offs, the upside being that our young teams is becoming an older veteran team. 

How about 5 straight play-off seasons and a Super Bowl....Glory Days....this could be the best decade in Bengals history.  It is by far the best D Line Bengals have ever had. ...I would add that after the awful 1990s which led into 2000, 2001, 2002 and add in stinky 2008 and 2010.....and I say long suffering Bungles fans deserve a great decade of BENGALS !!!!!!....Make 2011 to 2020 a decade of Glory Days. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I love it. I know, I know....don't put the cart before the horse, don't count your chickens before they hatch, blah, blah, blah.

What is so exciting is that the Bengals have an early 2 game lead on putzburg, and the ravens just don't seem like a real threat this season (which kind of makes me chuckle...I remember asking who their offense was, who their secondary was, and all I heard is that they were in the AFC title game last year and had a two score lead on New England). The Bengals have a firm grasp on the division and that is simply outstanding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love it too but would love it more if the defense were more stout.

I'm probably going to get bashed for saying that but they have to clean up play between the 20's, tacking, getting off the field on 3rd down, etc. Keeping teams out of the end zone is huge, however time of possession is going to be so very important against the upper echelon teams in the league. I think the Chiefs controlled about 37 minutes of the game clock.

I'll definitely take the win and look very forward to Seattle. We desperately need Burfict back on defense to help out the LB group.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 09:41 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Love it too but would love it more if the defense were more stout.

I'm probably going to get bashed for saying that but they have to clean up play between the 20's, tacking, getting off the field on 3rd down, etc.   Keeping teams out of the end zone is huge, however time of possession is going to be so very important against the upper echelon teams in the league.  I think the Chiefs controlled about 37 minutes of the game clock.

I'll definitely take the win and look very forward to Seattle.  We desperately need Burfict back on defense to help out the LB group.
Our defense didn't give up a touchdown....and Charles is tough. Charles and the Chiefs got some touchdowns on the Packers....Our defense kept Charles and every other Chief out of the end zone.....The difference in the game is we scored touchdowns and they kicked field goals. You have to question the last 2 field goals they kicked considering they needed touchdowns late in the game that far behind. All they did was pad their field goal kickers stats. We Won

Now when I woke up, I looked for a 4-0 thread but didn't see one....I now see a thread, " where is the excitement, 4-0 ".....If you want to just add this thread into that thread, go ahead because I sure didn't see that thread until it rose back to the top. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:57 AM)kevin Wrote: Our defense didn't give up a touchdown....and Charles is tough. Charles and the Chiefs got some touchdowns on the Packers....Our defense kept Charles and every other Chief out of the end zone.....The difference in the game is we scored touchdowns and they kicked field goals. You have to question the last 2 field goals they kicked considering they needed touchdowns late in the game that far behind. All they did was pad their field goal kickers stats. We Won

Now when I woke up, I looked for a 4-0 thread but didn't see one....I now see a thread, " where is the excitement, 4-0 ".....If you want to just add this thread into that thread, go ahead because I sure didn't see that thread until it rose back to the top. 
Agreed. Defense held Charles to under 100yds
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 03:02 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Agreed. Defense held Charles to under 100yds

well 100 yards rushing.... he had some catching yards too...

gave up some big plays but they never got in the endzone. hopefully they start forcing some punts
Reply/Quote