Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN picks - shocked!
Bengals getting more love over the Jets (good team) than the STOOLERS did over the Redskins (scrubs)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1/seasontype/2
Reply/Quote
CBS analysts too

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/expert-picks
Reply/Quote
Same thread time and time again. Shocked when pundits pick us over / against the steelers. Outrage of the opposite. The amount of Steeler threads in JN is ridiculous. I can't be the only Steeler closet fan around .

Reply/Quote
The Bengals do not get a fair amount of love and conversely, by direct comparison-the Stoolers get way too much love. This is a forum dedicated to Bengal-specific topics and as such, is fitting.
Reply/Quote
And the Steelers will be without #1 running back, #1 right end, and #2 WR so maybe not picking them is a good idea

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Interesting set of picks by espn experts.

All of them picked Arizona over New England. That's surprising.

All but one picked Atlanta over Tampa Bay. TB is going to be a better team this year and I don't quite see how Atlanta has improved all that much.

One took the Jags over the Packers. That just seems like a dice roll or something like that. The Jags do seem improved, but to pick them over a team like the Packers just seems a little odd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 05:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Interesting set of picks by espn experts.

All of them picked Arizona over New England. That's surprising.

All but one picked Atlanta over Tampa Bay. TB is going to be a better team this year and I don't quite see how Atlanta has improved all that much.

One took the Jags over the Packers. That just seems like a dice roll or something like that. The Jags do seem improved, but to pick them over a team like the Packers just seems a little odd.

How is it surprising that they picked Arizona? New England has almost no chance of winning. They don't have Brady, they don't have Gronk, and they don't have a good defense. The Cardinals should easily beat the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 03:11 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Same thread time and time again. Shocked when pundits pick us over / against the steelers. Outrage of the opposite. The amount of Steeler threads in JN is ridiculous. I can't be the only Steeler closet fan around .

I agree, bengals fans are far too interested in all things Pittsburgh. It's a little embarrassing...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 03:57 PM)pally Wrote: And the Steelers will be without #1 running back, #1 right end, and #2 WR so maybe not picking them is a good idea

Have you seen the Redskins play?  Yes, they made the playoffs in that pathetic division.  They would be contending with the Browns for last here. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 08:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you seen the Redskins play?  Yes, they made the playoffs in that pathetic division.  They would be contending with the Browns for last here. 

They also have a legit number 1 reciever in doctson to add to jackson plus jordan reed thei offense is gonna be top 10
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 03:11 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Same thread time and time again. Shocked when pundits pick us over / against the steelers. Outrage of the opposite. The amount of Steeler threads in JN is ridiculous. I can't be the only Steeler closet fan around .

Don't feed the troll folks.  Never has anything of substance to say.  Just throws around sarcasm and insults.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 09:49 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Don't feed the troll folks.  Never has anything of substance to say.  Just throws around sarcasm and insults.  

But I'm hungry, I skipped breakfast.
Seriously though, half the threads in JN mention the Steelers. Sometimes I don't know whether I'm in AFC North Chatter, SmackTalk, or JN.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 05:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All of them picked Arizona over New England. That's surprising.

Ida know, a team that went 13-3 last season playing at home against a Pats team sans Brady and Gronk doesn't seem too wild to me.  I wouldn't be outright shocked if the Pats won, but they aren't up to their normal form yet.

(09-10-2016, 05:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is it surprising that they picked Arizona? New England has almost no chance of winning. They don't have Brady, they don't have Gronk, and they don't have a good defense. The Cardinals should easily beat the Patriots.

Ah you beat me to it.  Also, who are the RBs in NE? Anyways, we are going on the road to play a team that went 10-6 last year and we are picked 10 to 2 to win. Can we just put this "Everyone hates us and no one believes in us" narrative on hold for a moment? Or can anyone look up the ESPN picks when we shat the bed against the Texans in prime time last year? I'd be surprised if we weren't unanimously picked to win that one. Sorry experts! That'll teach you to believe in us!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/16/9734860/bengals-texans-2015-picks-nfl-predictions-week-10

There we go. They all believed in us! Alas, we blew it. Oh well, let's keep acting like the Bengals are predicted to go 3-13 and the Steelers are slated to win 3 more SBs this year even though they ALWAYS stink!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 03:03 PM)Whacked Wrote: Bengals getting more love over the Jets (good team) than the STOOLERS did over the Redskins (scrubs)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks/_/week/1/seasontype/2

Not that should matter, but I believe this is historically a bad sign in Bengaldom.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 05:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I agree, bengals fans are far too interested in all things Pittsburgh. It's a little embarrassing...

So, so true.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 09:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: They also have a legit number 1 reciever in doctson to add to jackson plus jordan reed thei offense is gonna be top 10

You probably thought the same think about Nelson Agholor a year ago.  I don't dislike the Redskins, but they aren't a competitor for much outside their own worthless division.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You probably thought the same think about Nelson Agholor a year ago.  I don't dislike the Redskins, but they aren't a competitor for much outside their own worthless division.

No never liked algalor doctson  was my favorite receiver in the draft and cousins really came on late I see them winning a playoff game this year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 05:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is it surprising that they picked Arizona? New England has almost no chance of winning. They don't have Brady, they don't have Gronk, and they don't have a good defense. The Cardinals should easily beat the Patriots.

Hum, no chance? We'll see.

ESPN guys gave TB basically no chance and they beat Atlanta like a drum. They all picked KC over SD and it took OT for KC to win.

Someone picked the Browns. LOL

Reply/Quote