Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley for Pitt
Must be nice to root for a team that can have total chaos around them and yet they hold the #2 Playoff Seeding with a 4 & 2 record.

Just heard last night that wide receiver Martavis Bryant is upset at not being used enough and asked for a Trade out of Pittsburgh, adding to the negative Drama.  Still 4 & 2.

Even if the Bengals can win in Pittsburgh next week and embarrass the "3 B's" (Ben, Brown & Bell) they will still be a game ahead of us in the Win column.

Their schedule just got easier now that they get to Host Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers on November 26th.

I hate to say it but barring an injury to one of the "3 B's", it will be a slim chance for the Bengals to pass the Steelers up for this Division.

Have to beat them twice to make it a real race.  IMO

Meanwhile, the Bengals Wildcard chances improved with losses by Jacksonville, Denver, Raiders, Jets & Ravens.

Getting a 1 and 1 spilt of games with the Steelers, then winning key AFC tiebreaker games against the Jags, Colts, Titans, Ravens & Broncos may be the likely best path to the Playoffs for the Bengals.

Then maybe a do or die shot against the Steelers in the Playoffs as the hungry underdog that no one respects.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Must be nice to root for a team that can have total chaos around them and yet they hold the #2 Playoff Seeding with a 4 & 2 record.

Just heard last night that wide receiver Martavis Bryant is upset at not being used enough and asked for a Trade out of Pittsburgh, adding to the negative Drama.  Still 4 & 2.

Even if the Bengals can win in Pittsburgh next week and embarrass the "3 B's" (Ben, Brown & Bell) they will still be a game ahead of us in the Win column.

Their schedule just got easier now that they get to Host Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers on November 26th.

I hate to say it but barring an injury to one of the "3 B's", it will be a slim chance for the Bengals to pass the Steelers up for this Division.

Have to beat them twice to make it a real race.  IMO

Meanwhile, the Bengals Wildcard chances improved with losses by Jacksonville, Denver, Raiders, Jets & Ravens.

Getting a 1 and 1 spilt of games with the Steelers, then winning key AFC tiebreaker games against the Jags, Colts, Titans, Ravens & Broncos may be the likely best path to the Playoffs for the Bengals.

Then maybe a do or die shot against the Steelers in the Playoffs as the hungry underdog that no one respects.

I think you just answered how to pass the Steelers Wink
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We just need the momentum to continue!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you just answered how to pass the Steelers Wink

Yeah, the Vontaze Burfict factor. Tongue
Reply/Quote
It would be great if the Bengals beat the Steelers in the playoffs this season. You guys always play Pittsburgh tough so you never know.
Reply/Quote
Division was always Pitts.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:03 PM)depthchart Wrote: Yeah, the Vontaze Burfict factor. Tongue

Who would be the Burfict on offense that could maybe handle Mike Mitchell? Joe Mixon maybe? Or Jeremy Hill?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:08 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It would be great if the Bengals beat the Steelers in the playoffs this season. You guys always play Pittsburgh tough so you never know.

The word "Great" is a major understatement.

They regularly find a way to take our cake and eat it too.

Us beating them in a Playoff game in the Mike Brown era would be like the cartoon Coyote catching and eating the Road Runner or Gilligan getting everyone off of the Island.

The TV camera cutting away from a disappointed Rooney Family member to a happy Mike Brown during a Playoff game with the Steelers would be Universe Shattering...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Division was always Pitts.

Yeah...the Bengals aren't going to win 10 games so people talking about tie-breakers and winning a game here against a crucial opponent doesn't really matter.

The OP did hit a key point though. We played GB with Rodgers. They get him without. That's huge.
Reply/Quote
Maybe if we can go on the road and run the ball for over 180 yards while holding the opposing offense to 13 points we'll be lucky enough to win, too. Let's give it a whirl.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who would be the Burfict on offense that could maybe handle Mike Mitchell? Joe Mixon maybe? Or Jeremy Hill?

I'd go for an Andre Smith Pancake block on Mitchell. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'd go for an Andre Smith Pancake block on Mitchell. Mellow

Andre isn't getting that far down field to do that and Mitchell won't be coming right at Andre to allow that to happen. But I like the idea lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
True. Then again I've been thinking the Steelers and Ravens got beat by the Bears and Jags, teams I'm sure we have circled as wins in our fairytale finish to the season. Should we have those game circled as wins?

For the record, not saying the Bengals won't win the division (I'll try to be positive), but no one expected the Division to be ours this season. It would have been/will be a major upset if we do win the division. Writing off a Championship team like the Steelers for a bump in the road was a little premature.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: True. Then again I've been thinking the Steelers and Ravens got beat by the Bears and Jags, teams I'm sure we have circled as wins in our fairytale finish to the season. Should we have those game circled as wins?

For the record, not saying the Bengals won't win the division (I'll try to be positive), but no one expected the Division to be ours this season. It would have been/will be a major upset if we do win the division. Writing off a Championship team like the Steelers for a bump in the road was a little premature.

The Bears and Jags can both run the ball. Those games will depend on us being able to stop that.

I honestly think the Jaguars are a team on the rise.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:23 PM)depthchart Wrote: Us beating them in a Playoff game in the Mike Brown era would be like the cartoon Coyote catching and eating the Road Runner or Gilligan getting everyone off of the Island.
Actually, there was a cartoon called Gilligan's Planet where the crew of the SS Minnow blasted off in a rocket the Professor made and crashed on some goofy planet.  So they DID make it off the island BUT this show was cancelled and they never made it off that planet so Gilligan and company are still out there somewhere.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Andre isn't getting that far down field to do that and Mitchell won't be coming right at Andre to allow that to happen. But I like the idea lol

It says Andre had 88 Pancake blocks his Senior year at Alabama.

If Mitchell gets himself inside the Bengals pocket and close to Dalton then Andre would be nearby and have a chance to strike.

Hopefully Andre gets Mitchell Pancaked after having a Big Breakfast on game day to add some extra weight to it.

Plus some hang time in the air before belly to belly contact, with the ground at Mitchell's back. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:38 PM)depthchart Wrote: It says Andre had 88 Pancake blocks his Senior year at Alabama.

If Mitchell gets himself inside the Bengals pocket and close to Dalton then Andre would be nearby and have a chance to strike.

Hopefully Andre gets Mitchell Pancaked after having a Big Breakfast on game day to add some extra weight to it.

Plus some hang time in the air before belly to belly contact, with the ground at Mitchell's back. Tongue

You misread it. It says he ate 88 pancakes a day during his senior year at Alabama.

[Image: andre-smith.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Driving the point home. THIS is the guy you picked as our enforcer.

[Image: nfl-andre-smith-running.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe if we can go on the road and run the ball for over 180 yards while holding the opposing offense to 13 points we'll be lucky enough to win, too.  Let's give it a whirl.

If we can get 180 yards of production from our backs, weather it be on the ground or combined with receiving, I like our chances of winning the game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Driving the point home. THIS is the guy you picked as our enforcer.

[Image: nfl-andre-smith-running.jpg]

Yeah, I pick Andre.

Burfict can be the strong, tough, athletic enforcer for the Defense & that can be Contrasted with the Offense having Andre's body jiggling while mid air as he belly flops on Mike Mitchell Pancaking him into the ground.

It would have that Bengal Vibe to it.  A Vintage Mike Brown touch to enforcing...
Reply/Quote