Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-3 Mock: Reload the Big Eaters
Did a mock focused on the trenches and still found room for a couple of play makers.

18. Amarius Mims T UGA
49. Xavier Legette WR S.Car
80. McKinnley Jackson DT Tex A&M
97. Cade Stover TE OSU
115. Maason Smith DT LSU
149. Isaiah Adams G Ill
194. Trey Taylor S Air Force
214. Nathan Thomas T Louisiana
224. Kingsley Eguakun C Fla.
237. Tip Reiman TE Ill

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know that some are scared of Mims due to his limited starting experience due to injury, but with Trent Brown around to set the example, Mims should have adequate time to fully develop into a phenomenal pro.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 03:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did a mock focused on the trenches and still found room for a couple of play makers.

18. Amarius Mims T UGA
97. Cade Stover TE OSU
115. Maason Smith DT LSU
149. Isaiah Adams G Ill
237. Tip Reiman TE Ill

Love this Mock Sunset. We might never be staring at an OL of Mims upside again and I agree with your bump that Trent Brown allows us to 
Draft Mims instead of Latham who some say is more pro ready with his experience. Mims and his balance with his size and athleticism is really
rare. Legette is one of my favorite WR's in the 2nd round, could immediately replace Boyd.

Of course you know McKinnley Jackson is my 2nd favorite NT in this draft besides Byron Murphy. Stover is one of my favorite TE's for us, I think
we will draft Maason Smith, this seems a little late for him though, I expect him to be taken in the 3rd round at the latest with his versatility.

Well done Sunset, very nice Mock. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love this Mock Sunset. We might never be staring at an OL of Mims upside again and I agree with your bump that Trent Brown allows us to 
Draft Mims instead of Latham who some say is more pro ready with his experience. Mims and his balance with his size and athleticism is really
rare. Legette is one of my favorite WR's in the 2nd round, could immediately replace Boyd.

Of course you know McKinnley Jackson is my 2nd favorite NT in this draft besides Byron Murphy. Stover is one of my favorite TE's for us, I think
we will draft Maason Smith, this seems a little late for him though, I expect him to be take in the 3rd round at the latest with his versatility.

Well done Sunset, very nice Mock. Wink

Agreed, Latham may have a higher floor at this moment, but I see Mims as having the higher ceiling. Giving him time to develop will likely raise his floor and reduce the chances of failure.  Yeah, I felt the need to double dip on DT because this is the final year of BJ Hill contract and Sheldon Rankins is only on a two year deal. Same with TE, Stover will be the traditional TE and Reiman will be the developmental guy. I think that the "steal" of this draft would be Isaiah Adams, he can likely be a 10-12 year player at Guard and can fill at T in an emergency.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 05:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, Latham may have a higher floor at this moment, but I see Mims as having the higher ceiling. Giving him time to develop will likely raise his floor and reduce the chances of failure.  Yeah, I felt the need to double dip on DT because this is the final year of BJ Hill contract and Sheldon Rankins is only on a two year deal. Same with TE, Stover will be the traditional TE and Reiman will be the developmental guy. I think that the "steal" of this draft would be Isaiah Adams, he can likely be a 10-12 year player at Guard and can fill at T in an emergency.

Good stuff and I like hearing that about Isaiah Adams. This guy is new to me, would really like to add a Guard or Center/Guard like
Tanor Bortolini for the future in this draft. More depth is a great thing on the OL that we desperately need. The thing about Mims is I
think he could instantly start at LG and make Volson good depth. Latham I am pretty sure is only a RT, Mims can play all across the 
line except Center of course.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 03:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did a mock focused on the trenches and still found room for a couple of play makers.

18. Amarius Mims T UGA
97. Cade Stover TE OSU
115. Maason Smith DT LSU
149. Isaiah Adams G Ill
237. Tip Reiman TE Ill

I 100% can see Mims being high on Pollack's list.
Mims' ceiling is very high.
Could be the best or 2nd best OT in this draft class if he hits his ceiling.
It wouldn't surprise me to see him selected, especially given they added Brown as a stopgap for 2024.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff and I like hearing that about Isaiah Adams. This guy is new to me, would really like to add a Guard or Center/Guard like
Tanor Bortolini for the future in this draft. More depth is a great thing on the OL that we desperately need. The thing about Mims is I
think he could instantly start at LG and make Volson good depth. Latham I am pretty sure is only a RT, Mims can play all across the 
line except Center of course.

Yes, Bortolini would be a great addition as well. He just wasn't high on the board or available when my picks rolled around.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I 100% can see Mims being high on Pollack's list.
It wouldn't surprise me to see him selected, especially given they added Brown as a stopgap for 2024.

Pollack definitely sounded more excited about Mims than any of the 7 or 8 Tackles he discussed with Lapham. JC Latham is the other one I felt he liked.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I 100% can see Mims being high on Pollack's list.

And if the Bengals didn't go T in the 1st, there are at least 3 other options that I think would be good in the middle rounds. Matt Goncalves from Pitt, Christian Jones from Texas, and Javon Foster from Missouri.  All three of those guys are hard nosed football players with solid fundamentals. Their "athletics measurables" might not be up with the top tier, but at the end of the day they are really good football players who know how to play their position.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote