Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Elite on D
Sirius is doing a piece today where folks call in and nominate their 4 elite on D. Most can only get to 3 before they get the buzzer. Who would you nominate?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins
Carlos Dunlap
Vonteze Burfict
William Jackson III

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 08:30 PM)pally Wrote: Geno Atkins
Carlos Dunlap
Vonteze Burfict
William Jackson III

This
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap
Vonteze Burfict
William Jackson III

Good group but the National boys may not buy it. I think an argument could be better made for:

Atkins
Dunlap
Burfict
Brown

Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap
Vonteze Burfict
William Jackson III

yes
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap
Vonteze Burfict
William Jackson III

Yes!  That is correct.  And, as the 1st caller from Bengals Nation to get it right, you have the bragging rights.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good group but the National boys may not buy it. I think an argument could be better made for:

Atkins
Dunlap
Burfict
Brown

Was Brown rated in the NFL top 100?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Atkins
Lawson
Dunlap
Jackson
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 10:41 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Atkins
Lawson
Dunlap
Jackson

Incorrect.

You can knock Burfict for missing too many games but when he’s on the field he’s one of the best in the league. A best Bengals players list without him would be bad enough, let alone just the defense.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was Brown rated in the NFL top 100?

Not sure whose rating you are considering, but he did lead the NFL in tackles last year

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good group but the National boys may not buy it. I think an argument could be better made for:

Atkins
Dunlap
Burfict
Brown

I didn't choose Brown because he has never played a snap for the Bengals.  

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure whose rating you are considering, but he did lead the NFL in tackles last year

What do you mean, whose rating?  Pretty sure I'm talking about the NFL top 100, as voted by the NFL players.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 11:02 PM)pally Wrote: I didn't choose Brown because he has never played a snap for the Bengals.  

Neither has Tom Brady, but if we picked him up tomorrow would we have an elite QB?

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do you mean, whose rating?  Pretty sure I'm talking about the NFL top 100, as voted by the NFL players.

Lots of top 100 lists out there. I'm merely suggesting a national audience might suggest Preston Brown is above WJIII

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of top 100 lists out there. I'm merely suggesting a national audience might suggest Preston Brown is above WJIII

Understood.  But seeing how the NFLN top 100 has WJ3 rated ahead of Geno and not too far behind AJ Green, I would think it a tough sell to find Brown rated higher.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Incorrect.

You can knock Burfict for missing too many games but when he’s on the field he’s one of the best in the league. A best Bengals players list without him would be bad enough, let alone just the defense.

I like Vontaz but that's silly.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 01:10 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I like Vontaz but that's silly.

How’s it silly? Lawson’s 8.5 sacks put him ahead of a Pro Bowler in Burfict who has been dominant since coming into the league? To me that’s silly.

Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap
Vonteze Burfict
William Jackson III

Done!  I am hoping that we add Jessie Bates, Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson to this list at the end of the year!  (Felt like I had to contribute something)
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 06:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Done!  I am hoping that we add Jessie Bates, Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson to this list at the end of the year!  (Felt like I had to contribute something)
Why try to contribute it seems there is only one right answer here that's why I did not reply. Anyone voicing an opinion seems to be wrong so might as well let this thread die.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither has Tom Brady, but if we picked him up tomorrow would we have an elite QB?

Preston Brown is NOT Tom Brady

Reply/Quote