Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-Rd Get a CB Early Mock
For the crowd that feels the Bengals want/need to get a starting-caliber CB to compete with Turner and Hill for Awuzie's spot...

I'm only doing the first five picks because 5th round and later is mostly left for just backup or ST-only guys.
And while those are important, I don't think those picks really matter that much. Bengals have a good number of picks Rds 5-7, so they should be able to get about any depth/ST need they want.

1) Taliese Fuaga, RT Oregon St - Well rounded "glass eater" type that Pollack will like. Fuaga, I believe, is a plug-and-play RT. What's even better is with Trent Brown on the team, Fuaga can have up to a year to groom if he needs it. If Fuaga isn't there, here would be my preference in order: Latham, then I guess Fautanu, Mims (riskiest IMO), Guyton, Barton. Really not a huge fan of the remaining RT-possible guys though if Fuaga and Latham are gone.

2) TJ Tampa, CB Iowa St - If you want a guy who you could feel comfortable coming in and legit competing with Turner and Hill for starting CB duties opposite CTB, I think Tampa is that guy. I love his versatility to play in both man and zone, his fluidness, and his size for outside CB.

3) McKinnley Jackson, NT Miss St - Big DT who is good at stuffing the run and commanding double teams. Ideally, I'd like to wait until 3rd round comp pick or 4th round to get him, but given the need, I don't mind reaching slightly to make sure to get about the only other NT I like other than Sweat.

3comp) Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St - I really like his game tape, and Sinnott did well at the Combine to help alleviate doubts about his size and length. If Sinnott is gone, I would like either Theo Johnson or Cade Stover. I expect one of them to be here. Let one of these guys back up Gesicki this year before taking over as TE1 in 2025.

4) Bub Means, WR Pitt - A guy I really think can make an impact in his 2nd year if not as a rookie. I like his skill set, explosiveness, and size (6'1", 212 lbs). 9.71 out of 10 RAS. Personally, I think a WR should be taken before a CB, so I'd go WR on Day 2 and CB in Rd 4 (Elijah Jones), but if the team feels they need more immediate CB depth, they have the luxury to wait until early Day 3 to get a WR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote