Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Reasons To Believe In The Bengals!
(07-11-2018, 01:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think the change was long overdue for ANYONE beside PA, and Pollack has a positive track record.  Not sure if it can be done right away, it may take a season.

I think the bigger hurdle is the Bengals getting past the point of allowing the Steelers to be successful 'button pushers'.

PB had this team only 1 game under .500 with head to head meetings with the Steelers which included the 70s where Pitt was dominant and had the best decade defense of all time.

They cannot let Pittsburgh get under their skin, and from what I've seen of the last Bengals/Pats and Bengals/Jags meetings, the Pats and Jags are also now playing that button pushing game.

To get back to a SB, they will most likely have to get past one of those 3 teams.

I agree with all of this, bringing in Teryl Austin who is a disciplinarian should help our guys to not react in these situations.

Need to see more of Lazor to see if he can be this type of coach and make sure the guys keep their heads.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it is the ultimate question really and as you know i completely agree Harley. :andy:

Love the sig BTW, BOOB BEER ha ha!

I agree as well.  But I've made no secret about that.  I think Pollack is going to make our line, and it's new pieces awesome.

As for the Boob Beer sig, I now have a new image of Harley in my head.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with all of this, bringing in Teryl Austin who is a disciplinarian should help our guys to not react in these situations.

Need to see more of Lazor to see if he can be this type of coach and make sure the guys keep their heads.

Time will tell Nate.  I think keeping their heads and key injuries are the two big keys.

Not sure how 'deep' they are this year, I guess we will get a little clue during the preseason games.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 03:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Time will tell Nate.  I think keeping their heads and key injuries are the two big keys.

Not sure how 'deep' they are this year, I guess we will get a little clue during the preseason games.

Health and depth are definately key.

Football just cannot get here soon enough, i want to see how these new pieces look cause i agree with Harley
and Tiger Teeth that it could be awesome once everyone gets on the same page. Cuz it will take a little time i
am sure of it, but instantly Cordy Glenn and Billy Price are already better then Cedric Ogbuehi and Russ Bovine.
Reply/Quote