Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 round mock draft new year
(01-03-2018, 12:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There you go again using those talking head rankings you tell others mean didley squat. Except when you use them, of course.

Ah, yes, very inconsistent players usually make All Pros and get drafted in the top 15 to play a different position. And of course, since you watch every game of every prospect then you know how he played in 2015 and 2016 and can compare that to 2017 and know the difference between injured and inconsistent. Or not.

Now explain the difference between most team scouts and one scout.
One. No Hurst and Derwin James have inconsistent tape. They'll go top 15. Don't even get me started on darnold. So ur wrong. And all u ahbe to do is check the general public scouts to know most people consider him a guard.hes not a tackle in the nfl.
(01-04-2018, 12:37 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're doing it wrong.
As stated before they were gone when I picked.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 06:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: One. No Hurst and Derwin James have inconsistent tape. They'll go top 15. Don't even get me started on darnold. So ur wrong. And all u ahbe to do is check the general public scouts to know most people consider him a guard.hes not a tackle in the nfl.
As stated before they were gone when I picked.

There was worry by everyone after Williams’ injury that his feet were too heavy to be an OT in the NFL, but from multiple reports I’ve read since he came back from injury, there is optimism again that he could be a franchise LT again.

At this point, I’m indifferent on him. I think if teams consider him a guard, he will be a 2nd rounder (projected like Rankins and Wynn). If teams think he can play OT, he has a good chance of going in Rd 1.

I’m going to wait until after the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Day before I reevaluate where I think he’ll fit best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There was worry by everyone after Williams’ injury that his feet were too heavy to be an OT in the NFL, but from multiple reports I’ve read since he came back from injury, there is optimism again that he could be a franchise LT again.

At this point, I’m indifferent on him. I think if teams consider him a guard, he will be a 2nd rounder (projected like Rankins and Wynn). If teams think he can play OT, he has a good chance of going in Rd 1.

I’m going to wait until after the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Day before I reevaluate where I think he’ll fit best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I think he'll be one of those guys that can play guard or ot, but guard hell be elite. Ot hell be great. Just my opinion. And hold up. U think Rankin is a guard? I think he's the best lt in this class.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I mean I think he'll be one of those guys that can play guard or ot, but guard hell be elite. Ot hell be great. Just my opinion. And hold up. U think Rankin is a guard? I think he's the best lt in this class.

I liked Rankin a lot when I started looking him up in the Summer, but I came across multiple scouting reports like this one and began noticing what they are pointing out. And that's why I think he might be best at guard or center.
https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/08/22/martinas-rakin-mississippi-state-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

My problem with both Rankin and Williams is the risk that they can't be an OT in the NFL. If that's the case, I don't take risk like that at 12. I would wait until Round 2 if one is still available. There could be a chance one of McGlinchey, Miller, Brown, Rankin, and Williams is there at 46. But if there's one OT I like a lot and think will be a quality OT in the NFL, I'm not waiting until 46 and hope the one I like drops.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I liked Rankin a lot when I started looking him up in the Summer, but I came across multiple scouting reports like this one and began noticing what they are pointing out. And that's why I think he might be best at guard or center.
https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/08/22/martinas-rakin-mississippi-state-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

My problem with both Rankin and Williams is the risk that they can't be an OT in the NFL. If that's the case, I don't take risk like that at 12. I would wait until Round 2 if one is still available. There could be a chance one of McGlinchey, Miller, Brown, Rankin, and Williams is there at 46. But if there's one OT I like a lot and think will be a quality OT in the NFL, I'm not waiting until 46 and hope the one I like drops.

I think while Rankin needs to work on his footwork, hell be the best left tackle in this class bc he knows and does things the others simply don't and u can't teach. Brown worries me bc he used to be 415+ pounds. Other than that he's a amazing rt prospect. Mcglinchey I want nothing to do with. Any speed leverage rusher he faces he gets his butt whooped up and down the field. But yes I think Rankin or brown have a great opportunity to be available at 46. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 07:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1 pick 12 Connor Williams ot Texas(drafting him at his best position fit which is guard)
Rd2 p12 will hernandez g utep
Rd3 p12 Frank rangow c Arkansas
Rd3 comp jamarco Jones ot OSU
Rd4 p12 Hilton hill CB Texas

Absolutely no way you take a guy at #12 overall and move him to a position that he has never played.  

He's not a guard, nobody looks at him as a guard.  You don't draft projects in the top 15.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 01:36 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Absolutely no way you take a guy at #12 overall and move him to a position that he has never played.  

He's not a guard, nobody looks at him as a guard.  You don't draft projects in the top 15.

I've stated this before I think he'll be an above average tackle, possibly a top 15 tackle. But I think he'd make a all pro guard, top 3. I meant play him at tackle first year but dabble in offseason at guard see what he brings. Either position hell be good at, just think higher upside at guard.
Reply/Quote