Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 round mock draft new year

Rd1 pick 12 Connor Williams ot Texas(drafting him at his best position fit which is guard)
Rd2 p12 will hernandez g utep
Rd3 p12 Frank rangow c Arkansas
Rd3 comp jamarco Jones ot OSU
Rd4 p12 Hilton hill CB Texas
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 10:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The problem.is there is no top left tackle in this draft. Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick. Trey Adams isn't coming out and mcglichey can't handle a speed rushers to save his life. So no left tackles are in this draft. And norwell is a guard not left tackle. Just nobody in the draft is a top left tackle.

So you draft a player at #12 who you tell others won't be drafted until Day 2 or 3 of the draft? Makes as much sense as claiming Mason Rudolph is the best QB in this draft and mocking him in the 5th, 3rd, and 2nd rounds.

Just for shits and giggles, list the team scouts who think Connor Williams won't be drafted until the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 02:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you draft a player at #12 who you tell others won't be drafted until Day 2 or 3 of the draft?  Makes as much sense as claiming Mason Rudolph is the best QB in this draft and mocking him in the 5th, 3rd, and 2nd rounds.

Just for shits and giggles, list the team scouts who think Connor Williams won't be drafted until the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.
It's from Walter football ur welcome to try it out. And that was my fault as that article was posted before he came back when all people were talking about was he has super slow feet. But I think he'll be a amazing guard which slow feet don't matter as much. And u keep bringing up Rudolph. My opinion is not how it her teams feel. And player projections vary wildly. Wjiii was looked at as a late second rounder near end of season.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 05:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It's from Walter football ur welcome to try it out. And that was my fault as that article was posted before he came back when all people were talking about was he has super slow feet. But I think he'll be a amazing guard which slow feet don't matter as much. And u keep bringing up Rudolph. My opinion is not how it her teams feel. And player projections vary wildly. Wjiii was looked at as a late second rounder near end of season.

Where is that list of team scouts who think Williams will be drafted on Day 2 or 3 of the draft?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Where is that list of team scouts who think Williams will be drafted on Day 2 or 3 of the draft?

Just look at Walter football
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Just look at Walter football

I'm not the biggest fan of Charlie Campbell. 

Like everyone he has his favorites for the longest time he had Kentucky OLB Josh Allen ranked ahead of Raqoun Smith at ILB.  I will read this stuff but I don't take his round projections to heart....especially before the All-Star Games, Combine, and Pro Days.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Just look at Walter football

Look, this is what you claimed . . .

(12-04-2017, 10:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The problem.is there is no top left tackle in this draft. Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick. Trey Adams isn't coming out and mcglichey can't handle a speed rushers to save his life. So no left tackles are in this draft. And norwell is a guard not left tackle. Just nobody in the draft is a top left tackle.

So I'm not interested in unverified Walter Football claims. I want to know which team scouts you know of think Connor Williams is a Day 2 or 3 pick like you claimed. Be as specific as possible so we can determine if most team scouts actually believe that BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 07:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1 pick 12 Connor Williams ot Texas(drafting him at his best position fit which is guard)

Given how good Boling is and what we saw out of Westerman and Redmond to end the year, I think guard is much less of a priority compared to C and OT.
If you're going to take Williams, it has to be because you believe he is the best OT and would be slotted to play OT.
I think you selected a very solid C with Ragnow, and it helps that he also has experience at RG.
Jamarco Jones, as you have stated, should be a quality OT but there's a reason he's not a projected first rounder...he doesn't appear to have elite upside. But I would still feel comfortable with Jones over Ogbuehi, especially if he can be had with a 3rd round comp pick.
Given what you have listed, I'd look to replace Williams and/or Hernandez with a DT, LB, or S.
I'm in agreement with this mock that CB can wait until Day 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 05:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It's from Walter football ur welcome to try it out. And that was my fault as that article was posted before he came back when all people were talking about was he has super slow feet. But I think he'll be a amazing guard which slow feet don't matter as much. And u keep bringing up Rudolph. My opinion is not how it her teams feel. And player projections vary wildly. Wjiii was looked at as a late second rounder near end of season.

William Jackson was one of 17-18 players to earn a score of 90 or above according to ESPN ratings that year. You can check this year for the exact verbiage of what that score means. Essentially, from memory, it means stud player and multiple pro bowls, all pro selections possible. Game changer.

Late second rounder my arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 01:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not the biggest fan of Charlie Campbell. 

Like everyone he has his favorites for the longest time he had Kentucky OLB Josh Allen ranked ahead of Raqoun Smith at ILB.  I will read this stuff but I don't take his round projections to heart....especially before the All-Star Games, Combine, and Pro Days.
What j was referencing wasn't a round projection. Listed an exact quote from a nfc and afc scout calling him overhyped and a 4thh rounder. And yes their mocks are crap.
(01-02-2018, 05:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look, this is what you claimed . . .

So I'm not interested in unverified Walter Football claims. I want to know which team scouts you know of think Connor Williams is a Day 2 or 3 pick like you claimed. Be as specific as possible so we can determine if most team scouts actually believe that BS.
I didn't speak to one, I was referencing that Walter football talked to one that said he was a 4th rounder.
(01-02-2018, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Given how good Boling is and what we saw out of Westerman and Redmond to end the year, I think guard is much less of a priority compared to C and OT.
If you're going to take Williams, it has to be because you believe he is the best OT and would be slotted to play OT.
I think you selected a very solid C with Ragnow, and it helps that he also has experience at RG.
Jamarco Jones, as you have stated, should be a quality OT but there's a reason he's not a projected first rounder...he doesn't appear to have elite upside. But I would still feel comfortable with Jones over Ogbuehi, especially if he can be had with a 3rd round comp pick.
Given what you have listed, I'd look to replace Williams and/or Hernandez with a DT, LB, or S.
I'm in agreement with this mock that CB can wait until Day 3.
Jamarco Jones has some technical issues that he has got to iron out. Talent wise? He's a top 5 tackle in nfl potential. But he can also bust very hard if his technique issues are fixed. We can't rely on those 2, games bc neither has even a semblance of great interior pass rush. I'd still keep Hernandez there. Move boling to center, and replace rangow with deshon Elliot. Ot there is nobody worth a damn that high. I'd rather sit till next year and go all in on Trey Adams. It's insanely talented ot draft next year. Dt is a 2019 target as well. Watch Trenton Thompson second round probably out of Georgia. If u don't like Williams at guard then raquan smith is the pick.
(01-02-2018, 06:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: William Jackson was one of 17-18 players to earn a score of 90 or above according to ESPN ratings that year. You can check this year for the exact verbiage of what that score means. Essentially, from memory, it means stud player and multiple pro bowls, all pro selections possible. Game changer.

Late second rounder my arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was. He was regarded as a mid-late second rounder about week 8-9 of regular season. He started shooting up draft boards more and more until about February when he was regarded as late first early second.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What j was referencing wasn't a round projection. Listed an exact quote from a nfc and afc scout calling him overhyped and a 4thh rounder. And yes their mocks are crap.
I didn't speak to one, I was referencing that Walter football talked to one that said he was a 4th rounder.
Jamarco Jones has some technical issues that he has got to iron out. Talent wise? He's a top 5 tackle in nfl potential. But he can also bust very hard if his technique issues are fixed. We can't rely on those 2, games bc neither has even a semblance of great interior pass rush. I'd still keep Hernandez there. Move boling to center, and replace rangow with deshon Elliot. Ot there is nobody worth a damn that high. I'd rather sit till next year and go all in on Trey Adams. It's insanely talented ot draft next year. Dt is a 2019 target as well. Watch Trenton Thompson second round probably out of Georgia. If u don't like Williams at guard then raquan smith is the pick.
He was. He was regarded as a mid-late second rounder about week 8-9 of regular season. He started shooting up draft boards more and more until about February when he was regarded as late first early second.

Trenton Thompson is eligible to enter the draft this year if he wants. Even if he doesn't, there are a few really good DT options within the first two rounds.
Christian Wilkins and Maurice Hurst for sure.
Very likely Da'Ron Payne and Derrick Nnadi.
Potentially DreMont Jones and Taven Bryan.

At 12, I wouldn't hesitate to take one of the following defensive players:
Wilkins, Hurst, Payne, Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick

If not defense, I'm looking at the following offensive players:
Mike McGlinchey, Quentin Nelson, Orlando Brown
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What j was referencing wasn't a round projection. Listed an exact quote from a nfc and afc scout calling him overhyped and a 4thh rounder. And yes their mocks are crap.

He was given a score of 90 several weeks, if not months before the draft.  Maybe you go exclusively by Walters rankings.  I don't.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Trenton Thompson is eligible to enter the draft this year if he wants. Even if he doesn't, there are a few really good DT options within the first two rounds.

Hurst isn't even a top 4 rounds player. Idk what the fascination is with Hurst. He's straight garbage. He got shut down by a hard that wont even make a practice squad in the nfl in micheal Jordan. Why did u leave vite vea off that list. Thompson is gonna go back to school. Bryan is amazing. Jones should stay.
Reply/Quote
Let's see, you went from . . .

(12-04-2017, 10:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick. Trey Adams isn't coming out and mcglichey can't handle a speed rushers to save his life. So no left tackles are in this draft. And norwell is a guard not left tackle. Just nobody in the draft is a top left tackle.

To . . .

(01-02-2018, 07:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I didn't speak to one, I was referencing that Walter football talked to one that said he was a 4th rounder.

Do you need me to explain the difference between most and one?

And weren't you just explaining rankings don't mean didley squat and here you are touting rankings?

And weren't you just explaining people need to watch tape instead of listening to the talking heads and here you are listening to the talking heads?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Trenton Thompson is eligible to enter the draft this year if he wants. Even if he doesn't, there are a few really good DT options within the first two rounds.

Ocho I think with this Scenario I'd go Orlando Brown in 1 and play him at RT and keep Boling at LT.

Round 2  Taven Bryan DT

Round 3 Josey Jewell  LB

Round 3. Isaiah Wynn C/G/T 

Round 4  Trayvon Henderson S
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:49 AM)pulses Wrote: Ocho I think with this Scenario I'd go Orlando Brown in 1 and play him at RT and keep Boling at LT.

Round 2  Taven Bryan DT

Round 3 Josey Jewell  LB

Round 3. Isaiah Wynn C/G/T 

Round 4  Trayvon Henderson S

I'm a much bigger fan of this scenario actually, although personal opinion is Wynn will probably go in the 2nd or early 3rd, but that's nitpicking and pure speculation on my part.
I haven't read or seen anything on Trayvon Henderson. I'll check him out.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:00 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He was given a score of 90 several weeks, if not months before the draft.  Maybe you go exclusively by Walters rankings.  I don't.
He was given a score of 90. But he was looked at as a mid-late second rounder. He shot up draft boards late.
(01-03-2018, 03:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let's see, you went from . . .

To . . .

Do you need me to explain the difference between most and one?

And weren't you just explaining rankings don't mean didley squat and here you are touting rankings?

And weren't you just explaining people need to watch tape instead of listening to the talking heads and here you are listening to the talking heads?
I'm watching tape too. He's very inconsistent tape. Bc to start the season and last year he had very slow feet and just plain sucked, but to end the season he was very good. It's why I think he's make an all pro type guard.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He was given a score of 90. But he was looked at as a mid-late second rounder. He shot up draft boards late.

There you go again using those talking head rankings you tell others mean didley squat. Except when you use them, of course.

Quote:I'm watching tape too. He's very inconsistent tape. Bc to start the season and last year he had very slow feet and just plain sucked, but to end the season he was very good. It's why I think he's make an all pro type guard.

Ah, yes, very inconsistent players usually make All Pros and get drafted in the top 15 to play a different position. And of course, since you watch every game of every prospect then you know how he played in 2015 and 2016 and can compare that to 2017 and know the difference between injured and inconsistent. Or not.

Now explain the difference between most team scouts and one scout.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a much bigger fan of this scenario actually, although personal opinion is Wynn will probably go in the 2nd or early 3rd, but that's nitpicking and pure speculation on my part.
I haven't read or seen anything on Trayvon Henderson. I'll check him out.

Trayvon Henderson was invited to the Senior Bowl. With a good showing he has a chance to really move up some. I've saw 40 times anywhere from 4.37 to 4.58  he's 6'0 200.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 07:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote:
Rd1 pick 12 Connor Williams ot Texas(drafting him at his best position fit which is guard)

You're doing it wrong.

(01-02-2018, 11:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Great one but I'd rather have raquan smith or Derwin James in the first. A
Reply/Quote