Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 round mock w free agency 1/6
This is a quick pass first look. Pecking order in draft hasn't been established and all talent hasn't been remotely evaluated.

Free Agency

Cut
Adam Jones
Michael Johnson

Sign

Kevin Huber
Chris Smith
Andre Smith
Tyler Eifert Disability discount if possible, cut if not

Free Agent Targets

Weston Richburg - Its unlikely a big market team lets this guy go in free agency and he wants to come to a small market team, but he's the best center in this free agency
and could be a valuable pickup for the team to avoid need in draft. Had concussion issues this season so he would need to be heavily evaluated by medical before a
decision could be made

Ryan Jensen - See above

Malcom Butler - The guy can play and he will get big money. put him across from WJ3 and move Dre Kirk to Safety with 10 extra pounds.

Trumaine Johnson - See Above

Johnathan Joseph - I don't know how he feels about the Bengals now, but the old vet could be 1 to 2 year option to fill in for the pacman void.

Brent Grimes - See above

Andrew Norwell - Best Guard in free agency if carolina doesn't sign him and we want to invest money a guard we didn't last year. This is the guy

Tre Boston - Somewhat a one year wonder safety on a one year contract with the chargers, but may be the next Reggie Nelson who grows into a stud talent.

Avery Williamson - Great run stuffing Linebacker with age and reliability on his side.

Demario Davis - see above

Navorro Bowman - see above

Zach Brown - See above

Draft

1st round - Derwin James Safety - Shawn Williams has been inconsistant with injury concerns throughout his career here and we need a guy who can get us back to nelson level production from our
backfield. While Offensive line is the biggest need OT class is bad and Nelson goes top 10 as a guard. I couldn't justify taking price at 12 at this point with a guy like
James still on the board.

2nd round - Billy Price Center/Guard - Price falls to early 2nd and we snag him up. Offensive tackle need pushes him down and a big run on tackles in the 15-30 range pushes him to us.

3rd round - J.C. Jackson CB - Off the field issues will push him down and we still don't shy away from guys like this. Rotational guy who could eventually replace Dre

3rd round #2 - Jack Cichy LB - This guy could have been a 5 star recruit at linebacker and coming off a injury year he will drop. May be a riser in the draft process, if we got him
in 3rd i will be thrilled.

4th round - Chukwuma Okorafor Tackle - Developmental talent with good athletic ability in the 4th. Let him work behind Smith and Boling to develop.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 04:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is a quick pass first look.  Pecking order in draft hasn't been established and all talent hasn't been remotely evaluated.

Free Agency

Cut
Adam Jones
Michael Johnson

Sign

Kevin Huber
Chris Smith
Andre Smith
Tyler Eifert Disability discount if possible, cut if not

Free Agent Targets

Weston Richburg - Its unlikely a big market team lets this guy go in free agency and he wants to come to a small market team, but he's the best center in this free agency
and could be a valuable pickup for the team to avoid need in draft.  Had concussion issues this season so he would need to be heavily evaluated by medical before a
decision could be made

Ryan Jensen - See above

Malcom Butler - The guy can play and he will get big money.  put him across from WJ3 and move Dre Kirk to Safety with 10 extra pounds.

Trumaine Johnson - See Above

Johnathan Joseph - I don't know how he feels about the Bengals now, but the old vet could be 1 to 2 year option to fill in for the pacman void.  

Brent Grimes - See above

Andrew Norwell - Best Guard in free agency if carolina doesn't sign him and we want to invest money a guard we didn't last year.  This is the guy

Tre Boston - Somewhat a one year wonder safety on a one year contract with the chargers, but may be the next Reggie Nelson who grows into a stud talent.

Avery Williamson - Great run stuffing Linebacker with age and reliability on his side.

Demario Davis - see above

Navorro Bowman - see above

Zach Brown - See above

Draft

1st round - Derwin James Safety - Shawn Williams has been inconsistant with injury concerns throughout his career here and we need a guy who can get us back to nelson level production from our
backfield.  While Offensive line is the biggest need OT class is bad and Nelson goes top 10 as a guard.  I couldn't justify taking price at 12 at this point with a guy like
James still on the board.  

2nd round - Billy Price Center/Guard - Price falls to early 2nd and we snag him up.  Offensive tackle need pushes him down and a big run on tackles in the 15-30 range pushes him to us.  

3rd round - J.C. Jackson CB - Off the field issues will push him down and we still don't shy away from guys like this.  Rotational guy who could eventually replace Dre

3rd round #2 - Jack Cichy LB - This guy could have been a 5 star recruit at linebacker and coming off a injury year he will drop.  May be a riser in the draft process, if we got him
in 3rd i will be thrilled.

4th round - Chukwuma Okorafor Tackle - Developmental talent with good athletic ability in the 4th.  Let him work behind Smith and Boling to develop.

James won't be there and is injury prone himself.   Billy Price will go in the 1st.  J.C Jackson we have no use for....better options with less issues. Okorafor will be gone in the late 1st early 2nd......nice try tho.
Reply/Quote
Some good picks.

I basically dismissed free agency, because we know that they never sign anyone. I also ignored the list of cuts, because they will not cut anyone.

That being said - there is NO WAY in the world I want Grimes' wife anywhere near this team.
Reply/Quote
I love the draft. If Marvin is telling the truth and he going to be signing more outside FA I think it will be the offensive line and linebackers. Off your list who do you think the Bengals would realistically sign?

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote