Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs
Thumbs Up 
Justin Jefferson just went insane and got the biggest non-QB deal of all time.

4 years 140M total, 110 guaranteed. 88M due at signing.

The guaranteed money is INSANE. This is the best deal anyone has ever negotiated especially seeing as Justin was just injured last season.

I say throw Jamarr this same deal right now. I know we’ll likely hold off and see what he does this year but the bar has been set
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Quote:Chase needs a 1,700yd season to command that much money. You can only ride potential so far.

Right, but from the contracts we've seen going out to other WRs of that same draft class, I think that you'd have to slot Chase just a little below Jefferson, but higher than Waddle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Justin Jefferson just went insane and got the biggest non-QB deal of all time.

The guaranteed money is INSANE. This is the best deal anyone has ever negotiated especially seeing as Justin was just injured last season.

I say throw Jamarr this same deal right now. I know we’ll likely hold off and see what he does this year but the bar has been set

I said it in another thread and i'll say it here again. Chase needs a 1,700+ yd season to command that much money. You can talk all day about potential but the numbers are what backs it up. JJ already has 1,600 and 1,800 yd seasons and is #1 in yards for a receivers first 4 years--by 400 freaking yards--and deserves every penny he got. Ceedee Lamb put up 1,700 last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Jefferson is also a year ahead of Chase in their careers. Chase still has 2 years left on his contract, so any contract must be strutured differently than Jefferson's

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I said it in another thread and i'll say it here again. Chase needs a 1,700+ yd season to command that much money. You can talk all day about potential but the numbers are what backs it up. JJ already has 1,600 and 1,800 yd seasons and is #1 in yards for a receivers first 4 years--by 400 freaking yards--and deserves every penny he got. Ceedee Lamb put up 1,700 last year. 
It's going to be hard to put up those numbers with a healthy Tee around.

I do the deal now because his price will only go up from now on. Plus if you do that same deal you can spread the hit over 6 seasons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it's all legit. No funny math..... Those numbers are something.

No way Chase takes less. He was waiting for JJ to sign for a reason. He'll probably hold off signing for a year (or 2) if they try to short him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Guess "We're not going to make it work" for him to come here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I said it in another thread and i'll say it here again. Chase needs a 1,700+ yd season to command that much money. You can talk all day about potential but the numbers are what backs it up. JJ already has 1,600 and 1,800 yd seasons and is #1 in yards for a receivers first 4 years--by 400 freaking yards--and deserves every penny he got. Ceedee Lamb put up 1,700 last year. 

It’s true. When jamarr signs for greater than that, it could technically be considered a bad value contract

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
1) I hope this puts all those silly JJ to Cincy rumors to bed.

I am not optimistic. Are proponents the same folks who think their garden tools are spying on them for the government?

2) Chase should get less than Jefferson.

3) I fully expect Brown to carry $15 mil of space on the books all year for extensions that never happen. Just like last year. Tee. Reader. Chase. Etc.
Reply/Quote
Again remember the NFL Funding Rule. The question is do they have sufficient cash on hand to put into escrow to cover that big of a guarantee hit. Remember with Burrow he agreed to allow the guarantee to come on in stages so they would be able to put the needed cash into escrow. The rest of those terms they won't have issues with.

Now that Jefferson is done you can expect they're talking to Chase already concerning guarantee structure.
Reply/Quote
Can we rewind back 12 months when there were people who were sure that we were going to keep all three of Burrow, Chase, and Tee, and they were all going to take team friendly deals below market value to stay together?

That's a lot of guaranteed money. Chase should be less than Jefferson, but dang. Going to be tough having that much cap space between just Burrow and Chase.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Justin Jefferson just went insane and got the biggest non-QB deal of all time.

Wild, that is a ton of dough lol

Just under that for Chase sounds about right to me. Chase can be just as good as JJ and that is saying something.

(06-03-2024, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, but from the contracts we've seen going out to other WRs of that same draft class, I think that you'd have to slot Chase just a little below Jefferson, but higher than Waddle.

Sounds about right Sunset.
Reply/Quote
Chase is going to want a similar deal. $125 to $130 million over 4 years along with 100+ million guaranteed. I think it's best to pay him.
Reply/Quote
Would you rather have Tee @ 26 million for next 4 seasons + 2 1st RD picks or Chase for 35 Million a year for the next 6 seasons?

That's an interesting question for the FO to answer next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like it's all legit. No funny math..... Those numbers are something.

No way Chase takes less. He was waiting for JJ to sign for a reason. He'll probably hold off signing for a year (or 2) if they try to short him.

Yup. I think it's cute how we think Uno will sign for less but that's not how this works. He'l re-set the market himself. Whether he should or he shouldn't is another issue. He will. That's just the hard reality of it. 
Reply/Quote
Whatever they sign him for, they should do it sooner rather than later, in case some team resigns someone to an even bigger contract.

If the o-line holds up this year as well as we hope, Chase could have a massive year and rightfully demand an even bigger contract.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:21 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Whatever they sign him for, they should do it sooner rather than later, in case some team resigns someone to an even bigger contract.

If the o-line holds up this year as well as we hope, Chase could have a massive year and rightfully demand an even bigger contract.

This is why i say give him the same deal now

Our line play will 100% be better. We don’t want Chase going absolutely insane and pushin the price to 40M per or something crazy

I also feel like Pitcher is gonna use Chase differently so that Arizona game from last year will become more frequent
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 03:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Would you rather have Tee @ 26 million for next 4 seasons + 2 1st RD picks or Chase for 35 Million a year  for the next 6 seasons?

That's an interesting question for the FO to answer next season.

I think you'd regret that Tee deal very quickly. If Tee is indeed capable of being a #1 for a team like most of us believe, he's not a high end #1 (or elite #1). I don't think his ceiling is the type of WR that defenses have to change the way they play and gameplan to always have 2+ guys covering or risk getting burned for a TD and breaks far less tackles than you'd expect from a guy his size (only 2 broken tackles over the last 2 years combined).

He's also gets banged up a whole lot and hasn't played 70% of the offensive snaps since his rookie year when he played a career high 74.8%. Don't know if he can play the >80% that would be expected from a #1 WR to keep us from having Burton as our #1.

I think the goal should be 1 great QB and 1 great weapon and then fill in the rest of the weapons with inexpensive guys. Tee is good, but I don't know if he's "put the offense on my back all year" good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:21 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Whatever they sign him for, they should do it sooner rather than later, in case some team resigns someone to an even bigger contract.

Completely agree, I have a feeling Ja'Marr is going to have his best year this year. Time to extend him before he does and we have to pay him
even more of a radical deal.
Reply/Quote
Chase should not get a contract like Jefferson because Jefferson is the best WR in the NFL, Chase isnt. Something tells me Chase's ego will see him want to be paid as much as Jefferson though when he should be slotted a little behind him.
Reply/Quote