Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
9 games his rookie season
19 games last year (including playoffs)
12 games so far this year

Joe Burrow has just played his 40th NFL game. He has beaten Mahomes and the Chiefs 3 times. He has 3 playoff wins. He embarrassed the big division rivals twice each last year. He was within a second or two of possibly winning the Super Bowl.

And he just now is having a decent offensive line.

I mean....Damn. This guy is amazing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Very thankful he is our qb. He's an Assasin

someone shared how close we were to beating the dolphins in 2019. I remember watching that OT game in complete distress knowing what prize the loser got.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:50 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Very thankful he is our qb.  He's an Assasin

someone shared how close we were to beating the dolphins in 2019.  I remember watching that OT game in complete distress knowing what prize the loser got.

Only game I have ever rooted against the Bengals. (I guess that's not saying much. Most people don't root against their team. LOL) Andy almost did us in.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Only game I have ever rooted against the Bengals. (I guess that's not saying much.  Most people don't root against their team. LOL) Andy almost did us in.  

Same. Where losing was actually winning the biggest draft lottery of all time 
Reply/Quote
The intangible he has that takes him to another galaxy is - He really does has ice water flowing through his veins !! You can't rattle him, he'd be on an even keel in 30 foot waves. Just magical

Joe
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:50 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Very thankful he is our qb. He's an Assasin

someone shared how close we were to beating the dolphins in 2019. I remember watching that OT game in complete distress knowing what prize the loser got.

(12-06-2022, 10:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Only game I have ever rooted against the Bengals. (I guess that's not saying much. Most people don't root against their team. LOL) Andy almost did us in.  

(12-06-2022, 12:16 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Same. Where losing was actually winning the biggest draft lottery of all time 

The entire world forgets that we were NOT out of the running for #1 even if we won that game: IIRC, we still had it, but then had we won the next week, we would've lost the #1.

So either way, so long as we lost one of those last 2 games, the pick was ours.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 12:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The entire world forgets that we were NOT out of the running for #1 even if we won that game: IIRC, we still had it, but then had we won the next week, we would've lost the #1.

True but at the time it was nerve-wracking.  
Reply/Quote
Thought we were drinking beer in this thread with the four-0 title

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But yes Burrow is amazing !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 12:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The entire world forgets that we were NOT out of the running for #1 even if we won that game: IIRC, we still had it, but then had we won the next week, we would've lost the #1.

I remember turning that game off and leaving to go to the store. Down by 15 or whatever ? Three minutes to go or something ? Thinking yes Joe we have Burrow.

Then turning the radio on 10 minutes later in truck and running off the road (not really) and going full Panic WTF is going on ??? getting ready to go for 2nd TD is was like NO NO NO. 

But it worked out so......
Reply/Quote
Was watching the Saints' game last night and thinking to myself. That used to be us when folks said it's a "total team game".

Pretty neat to have an elite QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was watching the Saints' game last night and thinking to myself. That used to be us when folks said it's a "total team game".

Pretty neat to have an elite QB

Meh, he wasn't bad last night....but New Orleans run game is worse than ours. Way worse. Hard to believe with Kamara and Ingram. I thought I hit the jackpot when I landed AK in FF. I've long since dropped him.

But elite QB is better than good/decent for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 07:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, he wasn't bad last night....but New Orleans run game is worse than ours. Way worse. Hard to believe with Kamara and Ingram. I thought I hit the jackpot when I landed AK in FF. I've long since dropped him.

But elite QB is better than good/decent for sure.

He actually threw quite a few dimes. Just seemed like everyone on the Saints has terrible hands. Olave, Landry, and Taysom all with giant moment drops that hit them in the hands.

Also I am pretty sure that if a RB on my team in the 4th quarter ran 8 yards and then went out of bounds untouched rather than 9 yards for the first down, I would hate him forever. Lol

Other than Shaheed and Dalton, nobody else on their offense seemed to want to win.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 12:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The intangible he has that takes him to another galaxy is - He really does has ice water flowing through his veins !! You can't rattle him, he'd be on an even keel in 30 foot waves. Just magical

Joe

I'm struggling to remember how many last minute drives to win he has when we are down. Not saying he doesn't have that ability as he seems to have a lot of drives when we are slightly ahead or tied and he seems to play the best of that particular game in that moment. So not his fault if anything it would point more to how good the defense has been the past 2 years. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He actually threw quite a few dimes. Just seemed like everyone on the Saints has terrible hands. Olave, Landry, and Taysom all with giant moment drops that hit them in the hands.

Also I am pretty sure that if a RB on my team in the 4th quarter ran 8 yards and then went out of bounds untouched rather than 9 yards for the first down, I would hate him forever. Lol

Other than Shaheed and Dalton, nobody else on their offense seemed to want to win.

I noticed it last night and at least another game I watched of Dalton this year that he threw some nice passes and just had some unfortunate drops. Dalton is a better QB than he gets credit for not elite but better than a lot of the QBs some teams are trotting out there.
Reply/Quote

not true.  we finished 2-14 the redskins finished 3-13 so if we had beat the Dolphins and made a great comeback they would have had the #1 pick based on strength of schedule. i remember yelling at the TV because i knew what was at stake.  the Redskins even lost an overtime game against the Giants the same week we played the Dolphins.  crazy how Dalton almost screwed it up for us.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:43 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: not true.  we finished 2-14 the redskins finished 3-13 so if we had beat the Dolphins and made a great comeback they would have had the #1 pick based on strength of schedule. i remember yelling at the TV because i knew what was at stake.  the Redskins even lost an overtime game against the Giants the same week we played the Dolphins.  crazy how Dalton almost screwed it up for us.

As I was saying.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:50 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Very thankful he is our qb.  He's an Assasin

someone shared how close we were to beating the dolphins in 2019.  I remember watching that OT game in complete distress knowing what prize the loser got.

When they recovered that onside kick, and tied it, I was in full-on panic mode.  A simple miscue by the Dolphins and that game is over and we don't get Burrow.  Thank GOD that didn't happen.  

I was team Chase, but even I didn't expect him to be the player he is.  I honestly can't say there is another WR I would rather have.  And if they won one more game Burrow's rookie season, we don't get Chase.

The stars have FINALLY aligned for the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm struggling to remember how many last minute drives to win he has when we are down. Not saying he doesn't have that ability as he seems to have a lot of drives when we are slightly ahead or tied and he seems to play the best of that particular game in that moment. So not his fault if anything it would point more to how good the defense has been the past 2 years. 

Well, the two ROAD playoff games involved him coming from behind and making HUGE plays in the final seconds to win the game.  Then he damn near had that opportunity in the Super Bowl, audibling to a go route to Chase that worked...if only he had one more second to throw it.  

Unrelated, but did you guys see that the Bengals/Chiefs game was the highest rated regular season game in years?  There are lots of folks around the country falling in love with #9
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When they recovered that onside kick, and tied it, I was in full-on panic mode.  A simple miscue by the Dolphins and that game is over and we don't get Burrow.  Thank GOD that didn't happen.  

I was team Chase, but even I didn't expect him to be the player he is.  I honestly can't say there is another WR I would rather have.  And if they won one more game Burrow's rookie season, we don't get Chase.

The stars have FINALLY aligned for the Bengals. 

agree on all.  I think if I remember correctly Huber had a botched punt in the Dolphins game that may have saved the day
Reply/Quote