Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
42 Passes and Only 22 Runs
(12-16-2023, 08:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s the run to pass ratio during today’s game against the Vikings.  The Bengals ran only 22 times while going to the air 42 times.  That’s not a lot of runs.

The Bengals scored 27 points against a team that was giving up zilch.

You take what they give you.

Find something else to complain about.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Stoolers next week will be another similar test.

And they will be pissed off bc they lost today hehehe

Mad doesn’t do shit, but the Bengals got abused by Pickett and need to be way better on D.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mad doesn’t do shit, but the Bengals got abused by Pickett and need to be way better on D.

If he plays, they need to just go on and end his season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mad doesn’t do shit, but the Bengals got abused by Pickett and need to be way better on D.

That was the first week of a guy calling plays who had never called plays before, so there was no way to be prepared for what to expect them to run.

Now there is enough tape to determine his tendencies, as has been evidenced by their offense doing progressively worse with each game.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't forget, one of those runs was a loss by a TE who was supposed to throw the ball but never did.

Went down as a sack.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've just noticed quite a bit more motion overall.... especially WRs circling around the back of the formation. I believe they're showing stuff on tape, and we'll see something totally unexpected out of it when the time is right. They seem to think way ahead. Sometimes to their own detriment, to be fair 

The additional motion is likely for Browning as it forces the defense to reveal man or zone in certain aspects of the coverage.  Jake is likely a long way away from post snap instant processing like Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The additional motion is likely for Browning as it forces the defense to reveal man or zone in certain aspects of the coverage.  Jake is likely a long way away from post snap instant processing like Burrow.

Agree....and presnap diagnosis as well. Shit, ain't many....if any....as good at that as Joe Sheisty.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In the games where the Bengals won handily they ran much more.

You run the ball more when you have a lead to chew clock and protect the football.  

When you're down multiple possessions, like we were most of this one, you have to throw the ball a lot more to try to catch up and get more plays in.  

We ran more because we were winning handily.  We didn't win handily simply because we ran more.
Reply/Quote
I didn't do my due diligence this week.. I thought the Vikings defense was due to the crap division they play in.

They were legit and kudos to the Bengals O for adjusting in the 2nd half to come out with the W in OT.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s the run to pass ratio during today’s game against the Vikings.  The Bengals ran only 22 times while going to the air 42 times.  That’s not a lot of runs.

Weren't we behind today??
Reply/Quote