Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
420 post pro day mock
(04-12-2017, 12:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How many 420 alts do you have?

What does that mean?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 12:48 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: What does that mean?

You don't know?

(04-11-2017, 12:38 PM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote:  mike williams is just a one trick pony and i got killed for saying that earlier

(01-12-2017, 10:20 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: A one trick pony with a scary injury history.i would not be happy with this pick as i have evaluated Corey Davis as a better prospect 

Ring any bells?

You just joined in April.  You have 37 posts.  You never mentioned Williams was a one trick pony with your B3ng4Ls420 alt until this thread.  You wrote Williams was a one trick pony with your Buckeyes420 alt which is banned.  Which is why you're on yet another alt.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 12:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You don't know?

Ring any bells?

You just joined in April.  You have 37 posts.  You never mentioned Williams was a one trick pony with your B3ng4Ls420 alt until this thread.  You wrote Williams was a one trick pony with your Buckeyes420 alt which is banned.  Which is why you're on yet another alt.

Actually i was talking to jpoore bc i know him from my facebook group were i had metioned that.i dont know who buckeyes420 is but im a michigan fan .
Reply/Quote

Ring any bells?

Thanks for the warm welcome though!!!! 
Reply/Quote

Ring any bells?

Feel free to join my fb group called fyt smacktalk.You might learn something today!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 01:07 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: Actually i was talking to jpoore bc i know him from my facebook group were i had metioned that.i dont know who buckeyes420 is but im a michigan fan .

Must be a total coincidence you made the exact same comment about the exact same player to the exact same person in the exact same subforum on the exact same message board.

Weird. Imagine the odds.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Must be a total coincidence you made the exact same comment about the exact same player to the exact same person in the exact same subforum on the exact same message board.

Weird. Imagine the odds.

Also funny that the comment is a lazy observation. Williams isn't a one trick pony, but to those who don't really want to watch tape and just regurgitate what others say, it is easy to spit out. Williams is probably a solid comparison to Dez Bryant if you compare what it is they actually do, measurables pretty similar as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: Also funny that the comment is a lazy observation. Williams isn't a one trick pony, but to those who don't really want to watch tape and just regurgitate what others say, it is easy to spit out. Williams is probably a solid comparison to Dez Bryant if you compare what it is they actually do, measurables pretty similar as well.

Well crap if YOU say its true then it must be huh? I read on draftexperts.com that they are saying Au165 is the second coming of Mel Kiper and that anything he says about the draft is probably true.I should probably re evaluate my thinking if someone of you're stature suggest so!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Must be a total coincidence you made the exact same comment about the exact same player to the exact same person in the exact same subforum on the exact same message board.

Weird. Imagine the odds.
Its weird isnt it,Two people have the same opinion on a first round prospect ......that never happens .Ive been on these boards for only a few days and i have already met the Hardy boys .consider me impressed .
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 10:35 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: Well crap if YOU say its true then it must be huh? I read on draftexperts.com that they are saying Au165 is the second coming of Mel Kiper and that anything he says about the draft is probably true.I should probably re evaluate my thinking if someone of you're stature suggest so!

As I say, show me the tape. I have watched every game available of Williams, Davis, and Ross. Williams has as many underneath catches as any of them. It is lazy to say he is a one trick pony, but of course I am up for people presenting something to back it up.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 10:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: As I say, show me the tape. I have watched every game available of Williams, Davis, and Ross. Williams has as many underneath catches as any of them. It is lazy to say he is a one trick pony, but of course I am up for people presenting something to back it up.

His lack of explosiveness is gonna hurt him in the pros,instead of creating seperation he mostly relies on his size to beat good cb.I never said he wouldnt make it in the nfl i just think he will be very average.I think hes more of a Dwayne Jarett type with a scary injury history
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:31 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: His lack of explosiveness is gonna hurt him in the pros,instead of creating seperation he mostly relies on his size to beat good cb.I never said he wouldnt make it in the nfl i just think he will be very average.I think hes more of a Dwayne Jarett type with a scary injury history

Ask yourself this, is Dez Bryant productive? If the answer is yes, then you should like Williams. Not as thick but very similar game.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ask yourself this, is Dez Bryant productive? If the answer is yes, then you should like Williams. Not as thick but very similar game.

I think comparing him to Bryant is a lazy comparison....bryant is slightly faster and was way more yoked up coming out  college.Williams looks really lanky and thin,also Bryant was way more explosive coming out ......he was also taken in the 20s and not top 10....if we were picking in the latter part of the 1st round then maybe.imo ....

Davis>Ross>Williams
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:46 AM)B3ng4Ls420 Wrote: I think comparing him to Bryant is a lazy comparison....bryant is slightly faster and was way more yoked up coming out  college.Williams looks really lanky and thin,also Bryant was way more explosive coming out ......he was also taken in the 20s and not top 10....if we were picking in the latter part of the 1st round then maybe.imo ....

Davis>Ross>Williams

Not lazy at all, acutally what your using to say they are different is  the laziness in evaluation I am talking about. People read a scouting report from a couple sites and pretend they know something about football or prospects.  Go watch Bryant's tape and we can talk. Even today Bryant is a 3 route guy as famously pointed out by Janoris Jenkins. Ironically enough, Williams is mainly used on the same three route combination. They are both great at tracking balls down field in tight coverage, but also move the sticks running slants and shielding the ball on 3rd down. They both had questions coming out about route precision, but Bryant still gets away with bad routes in the NFL because of his physicality.

You can have your opinion about a guy and who is better, but let's stop acting like you have ever sat down and watched the footwork and hand usage on a release by any of these guys. You don't actually know from a technical point who is doing what, otherwise you would actually use some examples rather than vague generalities.
Reply/Quote
It's 4:20 somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 09:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: Also funny that the comment is a lazy observation. Williams isn't a one trick pony, but to those who don't really want to watch tape and just regurgitate what others say, it is easy to spit out. Williams is probably a solid comparison to Dez Bryant if you compare what it is they actually do, measurables pretty similar as well.

I see the dez bryant but closer one would be keenan allen. I think hes a mix of the 2 bc hes a body catcher a lot like keenan allen but hes also got a lot of dez bryant.  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 03:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I see the dez bryant but closer one would be keenan allen. I think hes a mix of the 2 bc hes a body catcher a lot like keenan allen but hes also got a lot of dez bryant.  

I think Allen was a better route runner coming out, but not the worst comparison. Allen also moved around a lot more in college, where as Williams played almost exclusively outside. Williams is better when ball is in air, especially in situations where he has to go up for contested catches. Both are long striders though.
Reply/Quote