Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JR85 3rd Mock
*One need not addressed in this mock draft that I could see is Wide Receiver. I do think they want to see if Boyd can make the leap, Lafell isn't going anywhere, and finding out what they have with Ross, Malone, and Core. I could also see a guy like Antonio Calloway who they recently brought in for a visit being an UDFA even though he has a crazy amount of red flags they wouldn't be risking anything at that point.

Now on to the Mocking...

1st Round - Isaiah Wynn (Guard/Tackle/Center) I think this guy would be the best player the Bengals could hope falls to them at #21. Most mock drafts by the analysts have him available but I just am not sold on that yet. Rashaan Evans at Linebacker is my 2nd favorite choice and solidifying the tackles if McGlinchy falls would be my 3rd most desired option. Wynn is an absolute stud and even though I think you plug him in as a starter at Guard from Day One I think he could easily play Tackle (like in College) or Center if needed.

2nd Round - Frank Ragnow (Center) I want Billy Price over Ragnow personally and I know that is not the popular opinion on here since PFF came out with the grades on Ragnow but Price only played Center for one season. He is also versatile like Wynn at Ragnow and could be used at multiple positions and he is a great team leader. With that said I don't think he lasts until pick #46 and Ragnow is a great backup plan. Likely will be third Center off the board and even if they Bengals feel they need to make a move and trade up some spots they will make sure they come away with one of Ragnow or Price in the 2nd round. Add him with Wynn and the addition of Glenn paired beside Boling and this Line is a Right Tackle away from possibly being dominant with Pollack coaching the unit.

3rd Round - Lorenzo Carter (Linebacker) The classic double dip on Georgia prospects...oh yeah buddy..Carter is 6'6" and 250 pounds so he falls in that tweener spot between Defensive End and Linebacker. I think the guy could be a damn good SAM linebacker in the base defense and provide some 3rd down pass rushing along with allowing Carl Lawson to play predominately at Defensive End like he should. Carter just seems like the type of Linebacker Marvin has always wanted to have but tried to force guys into the spot (Michael Johnson, Carl Lawson) instead of it being a more natural fit.

3rd Round - Marcus Allen (Free Safety) Once again I still want Reid or Boston in FA to open up this draft more and clearly the Bengals want another Safety so without them adding one in Free Agency to this point then I have to mock another guy by the end of Day 2 of the draft. Allen is a very solid player that I think should be a 2nd round pick but with guys like Harrison, Bates, and Reid I think it pushes him down some. Would be very happy to land him here though.

4th Round - BJ Hill (Defensive Tackle) Sweet spot for Defensive Tackles for the Bengals. Doesn't always pan out but Marvin is a creature of habit and he had a very solid one in Peko, a future Hall of Famer in Atkins, and also has high hopes for Billings and Glasgow that were picked in this round. I think they add another Nose Tackle to push Billings and Baker and round out the Defensive Tackle spot. Hill makes a lot of sense with his size and skill set.

5th Round - Luke Falk (Quarterback) Yes I think I have mocked this guy to the Bengals in all 3 mocks that I have done but it just makes too sense. A very solid backup that won't threaten Andy's spot as starter but had a very productive College career. Seems like a natural fit.

5th Round - Geron Christian (Tackle) Geron is a very solid Tackle that I could see being the next Anthony Collins. A guy not drafted super early but ending up being a steal for the Bengals at Tackle. Christian has the talent to be a future starter but leaves us not coming away with a guy to start at that spot which means a make or break year for Jake Fisher upcoming and then seeing terrible ass Bobby Hart if that don't work out (just threw up a little)....but in all seriousness I think they get a future starter and to do so this late in the draft would be great.

5th Round - Donte Jackson (Cornerback) Dennard coming back is something I don't necessarily see unless he has a down year and that is something that wouldn't help the Bengals at all. If he has another good year and stays healthy then I think he bolts because the Bengals won't have the money to pay him after paying Geno and hopefully also Dunlap. Jackson would be a great guy to have to develop though for next season. He is a very solid corner coming out of LSU and a guy the Bengals have shown an interest in during the draft process.

7th round - Daniel Carlson (Kicker) With so many picks why not bring in some competition for Bullock. Yes, Bullock played well last year but if you find an upgrade at any position in the draft during the 7th round then it is a no brainer.

7th Round - Bo Scarbrough (Running Back) A guy that could go anywhere from 4th round to 7th round in my opinion. This guy is a back and physical back that the Bengals could use as the 3rd guy. Wouldn't be asked to do much his first year but would be an upgrade over anyone else we have for that 3rd spot.

7th Round - Chris Worley (Linebacker) Special teams guy that the Bengals have shown a lot of interest in. Would be nice to see them go ahead and draft him if they like him instead of hoping he would choose them as an UDFA if it came to it.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Great job JR85, i think Ragnow goes before Price but who knows. If we had this Draft i would celebrate like it is New Years.

Got all my favorite players for us in this Draft besides Jessie Bates and he might not be there in the 3rd where you have us
taking Allen. Wynn is my 2nd favorite Guard and my favorite versatile Lineman, Ragnow is the best Center in my opinion,
Carter has about the most upside of any LB/End in the Draft besides maybe Vander Esch, great pass rusher and he can shed
blocks and stop the run. Just what we need in our SAM backer.

Nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
I like this draft a lot.  I have mocked a lot of those players to us as well. 
Reply/Quote
Great mock. Really appreciate the BJ Hill explanation. Like drafting Luke. I’m scared at the attention we are paying to Lamar.
Reply/Quote
Pretty damn good mock!!
Reply/Quote
I was watching some tape on arden key awhile ago and was impressed with cb donte jackson. You sure hes around in the 5th? I know theres question marks about his tackling but i dont think he makes it past the 3rd. Elite speed and solid coverage skills.

I feel like we’ll have the choice of wynn, evans or a tight end or center in the first. Id be happy with Any of the above, but im wondwring if wynn is pollack’s kinda guy. He seems more of a technician—more of a paul alexander type. Hernandez seems more like pollack’s kinda guard but i have him going to the Seahawks. Who knows though, we wont find out until draft day. I’m sure ill be happy with who we pick at 21.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote