Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Rd Pick
Anybody that knows their Bengal history knows we tend to do pretty good with out 4th Rounders. So predict our next late rd steal. Of course there are rules. You must use Walter's latest mock and can only take someone still on the board.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

Walter gives us the QB out of Marshall Chase Litton. So who you got?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did not expect to see Ragnow still available, but since we took Daniels in one I see Griffin here.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Griffin or Davontae Harris
Reply/Quote
[Image: 858792400.jpg.0.jpg]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
How about we don't use the Walter mock? Seems more like a simulator with all of those trades and whacky picks.

Btw, I certainly hope the Bengals don't select James Daniels at 21. Throwing a finesse boy like Daniels out there to the 3-4 NTs, would be devastating to his psyche. Fans would be wishing Bodine was back in town.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 06:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about we don't use the Walter mock?  Seems more like a simulator with all of those trades and whacky picks.

Btw, I certainly hope the Bengals don't select James Daniels at 21.  Throwing a finesse boy like Daniels out there to the 3-4 NTs, would be devastating to his psyche.  Fans would be wishing Bodine was back in town.

Daniels is quick with a strong first punch. I'd take this over the heavy-footed Center that folks think we need. Pouncey is the best C in this division and one of the best in the NFL and Daniels is pretty much a carbon copy. 

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Daniels is quick with a strong first punch. I'd take this over the heavy-footed Center that folks think we need. Pouncey is the best C in this division and one of the best in the NFL and Daniels is pretty much a carbon copy. 

As long as you think that Daniels is a "carbon copy" of Pouncey, that works for me.  However, Pouncey did have to face NFL NTs in college, whereas I don't think that Daniels did.  In fact, if you read Daniels draft profile, it clearly says that he struggles with power in his face.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Based on this mock I’ll go with Holton Hill CB from Texas. There’s quite a few defenders from Texas that I’m keeping an eye on for the Bengals this year. Hill has a ton of talent but character issues will give teams pause. As we all know the bengals will overlook question marks of the talent/value is there. In round 4 or 5 it is there for Hill
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as you think that Daniels is a "carbon copy" of Pouncey, that works for me.  However, Pouncey did have to face NFL NTs in college, whereas I don't think that Daniels did.  In fact, if you read Daniels draft profile, it clearly says that he struggles with power in his face.

Who is the "power in his face" that Daniels will face in the AFC North?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is the "power in his face" that Daniels will face in the AFC North?

The three teams in our division all feature 3-4 defenses, with a rather large and powerful NT, head up on the Center.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The three teams in our division all feature 3-4 defenses, with a rather large and powerful NT, head up on the Center.

Cleveland plays a 4-3

Steeler's NT weighs 305 lbs

Baltimore have a nobody out of Samford (not Stanford)

Folks really need to update their opinions. I see too many folks saying we need a heavy-footed C that can stand up to "power in his face". Daniels is the best C in this draft and it's really not that close. Price comes in at 2nd and he's just like Daniels, just a little less. 

As to the OP: Give me the LB out of UCF

Reply/Quote
I'd take Chukwuma Okorafor from Western Michigan. He's a big, experienced tackle who could compete for the right tackle job immediately in my opinion. He started at both right and left tackle in college and has good length.
*Walter has him going in the first pick of round 5

However, since Walter already has us taking a tackle in round 2, my other option would be defensive tackle Deadrin Senat from South Florida. He's an undersized defensive tackle but he is strong and relentless. He had a really good season at South Florida last year and since none of our nose tackles have stepped up so far it'd be good to bring in some competition.
*Walter doesn't have him in the first 6 rounds
Reply/Quote
My pick would be either Griffin or Kyzir White.

I don't like the second round pick of Desmond Harrison. Not a huge fan of Daniels in the first either, but realize that they will probably be forced to grab either him, Price or Ragnow in the first since there will be a run on Centers in the latter part of the first round early second round. I do like Carlton Davis in the 3rd round though. I think he will be gone by then though.
Reply/Quote
God if we take Daniels........ why why why would we take another ogbuehi. Or bodine? B2 they both every play get pushed back into the qb. Same thing that Daniels will have. And don’t say oh he put on weight. There’s a difference between putting on weight and putting on core weight. Ogbuehi has been doing mma training for last 3 years and still can’t handle a bull rush and he had more core strength that ogbuehi did. Here’s the thing. I trust the price and ragnow to handle the 3-4 nts 1 on 1. I don’t trust Daniels to do that at all. I trust price and ragnow to handle suh or McCoy 1 on 1. I don’t trust Daniels.
Reply/Quote
Such a trash mock but based on the mock, Dorian o Daniel
Reply/Quote
Based on the Walter Football Mock, and keeping with their 1st round pick of Daniels at center..

I'd go with DE Arden Key in the second, TE Dallas Goedert at the top of the 3rd, LB Shaquem Griffen at the bottom of the 3rd.
Leaving the 4th round wide open.

I would've went with an OT like Orlando Brown in the second if Arden Key wasn't there. But he was, so I'd probably target an OT in the 4th round like Jamarco Jones or that Okorafor guy.

But hey, I guess you could go Guard Hernandez 1, DE Key 2, TE Goedert 3a, and still get Center Ragnow 3b, and then take Griffen 4, still get Jamarco Jones in the 5th.

I'm pretty excited to see how this draft shapes out. I think we can get 3 potential starters in this draft if we don't screw it up.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cleveland plays a 4-3

Steeler's NT weighs 305 lbs

Baltimore have a nobody out of Samford (not Stanford)

Folks really need to update their opinions. I see too many folks saying we need a heavy-footed C that can stand up to "power in his face". Daniels is the best C in this draft and it's really not that close. Price comes in at 2nd and he's just like Daniels, just a little less. 

As to the OP: Give me the LB out of UCF

I respect you bfine, but ur wrong here. Hargrave is extremely powerful, but he isn't very heavy. 
Browns run a 4-3 3-4 hybrid. They will draft a big guy in the draft. And Baltimore just isn't good. But there was literally nobody talking about Daniels over price before the combine. It's a classic combine over tape. Prices tape is better than anybodys(yes including rangow as well) but he got hurt. Every   Dt he will go up against will have more core strength than Daniels. I also question his mental capability. He looked confused, got burnt bad, and pushed back against the only good team he faced with a Dt in Penn State. It's not about heavy footed, it's about not drafting another bodine, which is what would happen if we took Daniels(getting pushed back every play).
Reply/Quote
“Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Teryl Austin put Cruikshank through a grueling set of position drills, and by all accounts he looked terrific. The team later spent an extensive amount of time with him.”

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2018/4/2/17181180/arizona-football-dane-cruikshank-generating-pre-nfl-draft-buzz-2018-projections-mock-wildcats
Reply/Quote
If Frank Ragnow is still there, like he is in the draft, you take him. I know he has us taking Daniels, but both Ragnow and Daniels could compete for Center and then the other can be a starting guard pretty easily in this league as well.

Kevin Toliver and Shaquem Griffin also make the list.

Chukwuma Okorafor has sky high potential as well.

Jamarco Jones rounds out my top 5 at that position with those players available as Walterfootball has.

Also, for clarity, I hate the Desmond Harrison pick in round 2. We could probably get him in the 4th or 5th round unless someone just falls in love with his athleticism. He's got a lot of work to do and has some character red flags.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 08:30 AM)Goalpost Wrote: “Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Teryl Austin put Cruikshank through a grueling set of position drills, and by all accounts he looked terrific. The team later spent an extensive amount of time with him.”

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2018/4/2/17181180/arizona-football-dane-cruikshank-generating-pre-nfl-draft-buzz-2018-projections-mock-wildcats

Never heard of this guy, thanks for the info, Definitely wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 4th round  Rock On
Reply/Quote