Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th WR
So funny. Most teams are looking for a 3rd WR. The Bengals are certainly blessed. In my humble opinion, you fill the 4th receiver void with 1 or 2 TEs. Kenny Anderson would approve, Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
Are there rumors out there about the bengals looking to bring in WR help? Certainly some intriguing vets out there but I’d be surprised to see the team make a move like that after 1 week. But if they did, I’d be excited for it. Personally, I’ve wondered for a while why they haven’t cut ties with Brandon Wilson which would be a 2m savings that could have be put towards a WR4 (got to be a vet FA looking for another year in the nfl on a team with playoff expectations)
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:02 PM)bk42 Wrote: Are there rumors out there about the bengals looking to bring in WR help? Certainly some intriguing vets out there but I’d be surprised to see the team make a move like that after 1 week. But if they did, I’d be excited for it. Personally, I’ve wondered for a while why they haven’t cut ties with Brandon Wilson which would be a 2m savings that could have be put towards a WR4 (got to be a vet FA looking for another year in the nfl on a team with playoff expectations)

I honestly can’t see it.

No one of any notoriety would come here knowing they’ll likely be cut when Tee comes back

I’d LOVE Pryor to fill in at WR4 until Tee is back
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 03:07 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I figure, with the semi-lack of pt Hurst has seen the past couple years (getting supplanted by Andrews, then Pitts) he’d be good to go with an increased snap count. Its not ideal, I know. But he was signed to catch passes, so let him catch passes. Way less wear n tear than constantly being the in-line TE. Use him like Geseki  in Miami. Sample is a proven blocker, so when we go 4wide or one of The Big 3 need a breather or are hurt for a game or two, Sample can slide into TE1 as the outlet while Hurst can be used all over the formation.
I just don’t see any of the guys on the street right now being the immediate help we need at that spot at the price its going to cost. Hindsight 20/20 but man, it would have been nice to sign OJH while he was here.

Gesecki has a career high of 72% of the snaps. 250-260 pound guys running routes need breathers.

I hate the use of hindsight 20/20, because that is meant to say it wasn't clear back then... it was very very clear that 3 PS WRs and Drew Sample as your backup pass catchers were always going to be a problem. 4 starting guys aren't going to all stay healthy all year. Drew Sample on the field is the same problem as the PS WRs but to a smaller degree. Defenses don't have to respect him at all and it leads to more doubling and cheating towards the actual decent players.

Chase had to play 100% of the offensive snaps because of a lack of viable options. That isn't sustainable either. He will need 10-15% of the snaps off in order to maintain his ability to go, but they had to keep him out there because otherwise you wouldbhave had Mike Thomas, Trent Taylor, and Stanley Morgan Jr as your 3 WRs on the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:30 PM)Housh Wrote: I honestly can’t see it.

No one of any notoriety would come here knowing they’ll likely be cut when Tee comes back

I’d LOVE Pryor to fill in at WR4 until Tee is back

Pryor is on the Jags active roster.
Reply/Quote
Should have kept Pryor and dumped Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:08 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Should have kept Pryor and dumped Thomas.

Yep
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote