Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 1 - Fake Draw from the shotgun QB Sneak???
Well, we're probably the first fanbase pining for the 3rd string undrafted FA QB, having now bypassed the trusty backup.

If you ever forget where you are, posts like that should remind you pretty quickly.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
THAT was the dumbest play I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was a pathetic choice.  We saw Dalton getting scolded on the sideline after, so maybe he made the wrong read.  Regardless, I couldn't help thinking what the 6'7" Jake Dolegala would do on a simple sneak.  

If they are going to move on from Dalton, and unless he signs a contract for half his market worth to stay here (not likely) they will be moving on,  I would like to see them spend a lot of next year's draft on the defense and give Dolegala a shot.  Everyone liked what they saw of Finley in the preseason, but I think with this team he would be a disaster.  He holds the ball a long time and doesn't even have Dalton's arm strength.  Dolegala has some insane tools.  It would be fun to see what he could do and just build the team before adding the franchise QB.  You might end up having something with him...and on a rookie deal, he would allow for some serious FA spending...of course, you first have to be willing to spend on a FA.  

In theory, what you say makes sense. In practice...we know that the team would likely do none of that.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mixon blew the block on that play, should have used GIO on that play who is better and more experienced blocker. Looked like an open lane until the defender slipped past Mixon. Good call, horrible execution.

Are you serious? That is a terrible call. That's not even up for debate.  I think it could be the worst call I have ever seen a bengals coach run, although the Jay gruden wr screen on your own inch line for a pick six is still my favorite blooper...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:16 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: THAT was the dumbest play I've ever seen.

I think there have been a slew of them this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor is totally a Bengals hire. Other teams are smart enough to bring in proven guys around such an inexperienced guy as you say. Not here!

I'm waiting on the veteran waiver wire pickup to pull a "Gary Reasons" cap tug on Taylor to put a cherry on top of this dogsh#t. Should we have a poll on who that maybe?
Watching the Colts last night made me jealous...it wasn't that long go they had same issues we had....they drafted well and are coached well....
Q Nelson is a beast and a half and B Smith is better then anything we have for sure.  

Reply/Quote
Is it possible that Mixon missed the hand-off and Dalton had to keep it? Or was it a designed play for Andy? Either way it was a bad call.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:27 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I'm waiting on the veteran waiver wire pickup to pull a "Gary Reasons" cap tug on Taylor to put a cherry on top of this dogsh#t. Should we have a poll on who that maybe?
Watching the Colts last night made me jealous...it wasn't that long go they had same issues we had....they drafted well and are coached well....
Q Nelson is a beast and a half and B Smith is better then anything we have for sure.  

Nice post.

I know people like to just point out that this franchise is hopeless, but as you point out...good coaching goes a long way. As does having a good draft or two to make a team better.

Our coaching is woefully bad here.
Reply/Quote
lol at rfaulk34's signature
Reply/Quote
What I'll say about coaching is this:

The good staffs adjust their gameplans to attack your weaknesses. We saw it from the 49ers. The Bills. The Steelers (although they didn't have the personnel).

The Cardinals have a bad staff and they didn't really customize their attack to our weaknesses.

The Bengals don't seem to adjust their gameplan either.
Reply/Quote
i always thought that was a staple of marvin lewis, we have aj green, we have an RB, this is how we are going to play no matter the opposing team, no matter the time of day, no matter the situation, no matter the weather - where Patriots are making in-drive adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: lol at rfaulk34's signature

It is perfect for Faulk.

Dalton getting abused for something that is not his fault.
Reply/Quote
Bad playcall, the right call was a sneak over Trey Hopkins' behind. He's easily our best lineman, and was having another solid game yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:07 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Are you serious? That is a terrible call. That's not even up for debate.  I think it could be the worst call I have ever seen a bengals coach run, although the Jay gruden wr screen on your own inch line for a pick six is still my favorite blooper...

A QB sneak would have been ideal, but it's the craziest calls that will make the OC a genius IF they worked. This team is not executing. I suspect their practices are too easy that when game time arrives, a little roughing here and there by opposing teams makes them fall to pieces.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really, that might have been the worst playcall that I've ever saw. There was a 0% chance it worked.

As the defensive line collapsed on Mixon, then you sneak Dalton 5 feet to the right of that where there is a wall of defenders.

Just terribly executed. If you're going to get cute like that - spread the defense out and fake a jet sweep or a screen and roll Dalton out.

Taylor is by far the worst coordinator in the NFL.

Yes, terrible play call. Definitely right up there with the worst ever.

Don't know what Zac was thinking, you line the QB under Center and do the QB sneak or hand it off to Mixon in this situation.

Even passing the ball would of been a better idea than that, heck, so would play action.
Reply/Quote