Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Just Sad
(10-22-2018, 10:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Dog I think we have a song in the making.  

You know it ELton. I think Marvin needs to call a press conference and just flat out apologize for last night. He would never do that, but if he did, at least fans would feel better that he acknowledges and identifies how poorly this team was prepared and hopefully regroup on that.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im all doom and gloom too. But that doesnt change the fact we are one of the youngest teams in the league

We are one of the youngest teams NFL but we are not some rebuilding team with a rookie qb, 1st year head coach and a roster full of bums and rookies. We have a veteran core of players. We have a coach in his 16th year and a quarterback in year eight it’s now or never. We have veterans at every level of the starting lineup, Dalton, Green, Boiling, Glenn, Atkins, Dunlap, Johnson, Bufict, Brown, Willams, Kirkpatrick, etc. The young guys we have should be playing good. John Ross is the 9th pick overall, Mixon is one of the most talented backs in the league, William Jackson is a first round pick in year 3, Boyd is in year 3 and is now a veteran. I could see if we had a rookie core but the window to maximize Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap and company is now.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You know it ELton. I think Marvin needs to call a press conference and just flat out apologize for last night. He would never do that, but if he did, at least fans would feel better that he acknowledges and identifies how poorly this team was prepared and hopefully regroup on that.

That would be even more surprising than that beat down last night.
Reply/Quote
I fully expected KC to hang 70 on them last night so I'll take the moral victory... I'm a glass half full guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:17 AM)thillan Wrote: I hate it.

Actually you seem to enjoy the gloating.

This is from the Burfict thread

(10-22-2018, 01:11 AM)thillan Wrote: Lol, it's funny to look back now at the responses I got for this post.

What a stud we have.

This is from your "We missed on Mahomes" thread

(10-22-2018, 01:04 AM)thillan Wrote: Well, that was fun to witness. Ross did nothing, while Mahomes played at an MVP level.

Seems like you are having lots of fun and enjoying yourself.

Just like a real Bengal fan?   Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you seem to enjoy the gloating.

This is from the Burfict thread

This is from your "We missed on Mahomes" thread

Seems like you are having lots of fun and enjoying yourself.

Just like a real Bengal fan?   Hmm

Nope, I hate it. 

The Burfict thread is well deserved though. Can't believe so many people still want the guy. Even ignoring his clear love to be a dirty player and constantly missing time, he is too slow for the modern NFL. All of our LBs are it seems.

The Mahomes thread is just cause it sucks to watch the guy who got picked right after you just thrash the league. He's 23, and already an MVP candidate. I wish we had such a mismatch at the most important position in football.

You can question my love for the Bengals if you want, that's fine. I just want a team that can show it can contend for a SB, instead of always talking about scraping by with a win in Primetime, or finally beating the dreaded Steelers. Feels like the team doesn't aim high enough. They can say I'm wrong, but they don't play like it.
Reply/Quote
Having Marvin Lewis as the head coach of the Bengals is a lot like being in an abusive relationship. You want to escape it, but you talk yourself into staying because you're afraid that you'll never find someone who isn't just as much of a deadbeat piece of shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:09 PM)jason Wrote: I fully expected KC to hang 70 on them last night so I'll take the moral victory... I'm a glass half full guy.

They could EASILY have hung 65-70 on these clowns if they wanted to but Andy Reid has too much class and is pretty close
with Marvin...
Reply/Quote
James Rapien just said via podcast that the most recent Bengals Sunday night victory came in week 2 of 2004. Holy crap.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:54 PM)thillan Wrote: Nope, I hate it. 

Is that why you used terms like "funny" and "that was fun" when describing our loss to the Chiefs?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: True, but we are really bad at a number of positions.  Our LB's are slow, non-athletic and poor tacklers.  Our OL is again terrible.  And it's not as if either of these position groups are 1 or 2 players away.  It will take a multi-year focus to fix both.  In the meantime, our best players are getting older every year so the window is slowly closing.

And Teryl Austion is a joke of a DC.  His schemes and game plans are visually inept.  Having Burfict run 20 yards back to cover the middle of a deep zone is outright insane.  Dump offs are an easy 10-15 yards even if they make a tackle, which so far they haven't.  Puke!

I noticed that last year also, LBs sprinting 15 yards backwards. I made a thread about it. Makes me believe I wasn't to far off when I said, Austin is Merv's puppet.....
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: James Rapien just said via podcast that the most recent Bengals Sunday night victory came in week 2 of 2004. Holy crap.

I sat behind Ken Griffey and Barry Larkin at that game... They were still active MLB players at the time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im all doom and gloom too. But that doesnt change the fact we are one of the youngest teams in the league

Yeah, young and bad.  Can hardly wait until the Bengals are old and bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is that why you used terms like "funny" and "that was fun" when describing our loss to the Chiefs?

I know you can sense sarcasm when I used the term fun.

And yes, the Burfict hype is funny to me. I’d love for him to turn it around, but I don’t believe he’s worth the price or headache anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:54 PM)thillan Wrote: Nope, I hate it. 

The Burfict thread is well deserved though. Can't believe so many people still want the guy. Even ignoring his clear love to be a dirty player and constantly missing time, he is too slow for the modern NFL. All of our LBs are it seems.

The Mahomes thread is just cause it sucks to watch the guy who got picked right after you just thrash the league. He's 23, and already an MVP candidate. I wish we had such a mismatch at the most important position in football.

You can question my love for the Bengals if you want, that's fine. I just want a team that can show it can contend for a SB, instead of always talking about scraping by with a win in Primetime, or finally beating the dreaded Steelers. Feels like the team doesn't aim high enough. They can say I'm wrong, but they don't play like it.

Mahomes is also in a system crafted to his strengths, surrounded with quality skill talent everywhere and plays behind a quality offensive line. Put him in our offense and he struggles mightily, with our line that can't block and only two real receiving threats and one ok running back. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:17 AM)thillan Wrote: We just spent so much money on a freaking aging defensive line that is getting DUSTED by modern NFL teams. We have shelled out too much money on the wrong side of the ball.. and, as usual, we will pay for it dearly for years to come. Teams like the Rams, Chiefs, and Patriots will make a mockery of teams like the Bengals who are always too late to catch up.

If you mentioned this a few weeks ago, you would have gotten crucified in here. However no one is commenting on it so far, so you might be on to something.

For the record, I am not the biggest fan of the deal to Geno. I think he has been a great player for sure, but I'll leave it at that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:32 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes it lead to the pick 6 as well. Seems Dalton has very little trust in other WR and wont spread the ball around like great QB do.

Can you blame him?  Ross and core are terrible.  We have no legit 2 opposite of aj.  Thing that sucks the most is we have 2 damn good slot receivers but cannot find a 2.  Really starting to think cutting lafell was a bad idea.  At least he made a few plays a game.  Ross and core have made 1 combined play through 6 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If you mentioned this a few weeks ago, you would have gotten crucified in here. However no one is commenting on it so far, so you might be on to something.

For the record, I am not the biggest fan of the deal to Geno. I think he has been a great player for sure, but I'll leave it at that.

I have zero issue with the Dunlap and Geno deals - they are two players who have consistently played well for us. It is the systems and the LB's that are truly messed up. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote