Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 3 take the points
If it was late in the game and close then yeah go for 3 but it was early and it’s always great to be aggressive. I wasn’t upset except for it to be like impossible to run on them it seems.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If they kicked the field goal, someone says they should have gone for the touchdown. If they go for the touchdown and don't make it, this thread exists. The only way everyone is happy is if they go for it and actually make it :).

You take the points on the road.  No need to give the underdog and their fans any more reason to believe.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who could have predicted preseason Chase would show up on that drive? We otter scored there, that's not on ZT. Holy crap, what did I just say?
Reply/Quote
No problem with that decision early in the game. With this offense you should be able to get it across the goal line from the 1 (or the 3).
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 09:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Who could have predicted preseason Chase would show up on that drive? We otter scored there, that's not on ZT. Holy crap, what did I just say?

No it wasn’t. That was a chase drop and ultimately the game for us.

But the loss was on the D. We are expect to win every game we score 30, and the D couldn’t stop anything. Lous game plan didn’t change and it cost them.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 09:57 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: No it wasn’t. That was a chase drop and ultimately the game for us.

But the loss was on the D. We are expect to win every game we score 30, and the D couldn’t stop anything. Lous game plan didn’t change and it cost them.

I think this thread is about one specific call, not the overall game but I know what you mean. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 09:57 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: No it wasn’t. That was a chase drop and ultimately the game for us.

the defense set us up for 17 points. Offense also gave the D a first and goal at the 9. Defense and Offense were not the problem. Blaming the defense is just plain lazy
Reply/Quote
Take the 3

INT delivered to the 1 yard line. The. One. Yard. Line.

Offense, you had three chances to get 1 yard and failed. Now pull your head out of your ass so you can go sit on the sidelines and watch the kicker salvage this "drive"

Play #1
Blame on this play: Hopkins, possibly Spain but mostly Burrow and/or Taylor
Mixon came from the right, running left and tried to cut back, but Spain and Hopkins being pushed back slowed that down and killed this play almost from the start.

Boyd was in motion for the fake handoff was running to the right, the defense was slightly over loaded to the left and Burrow should have recognized this and audibled to a straight run behind the RG because Mixon's run went right towards the strength of the defense before the cut back. The defense pushed Spain and Hopkins into Mixon's path before he could make the cutback.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm being kind or if it wasn't designed to be a cutback and Spain and Hopkins blew this play. If it wasn't designed to be a cutback, I blame Burrow for not switching sides with an audible and Spain/Hopkins for getting blown up. Don't run into the overloaded side of the defense.

If it's a designed cutback inside the 5 yard line . . . with this O-line? This screams of watching David Bell having too much faith in his shitty bullpen. You don't call slow developing plays in goal line situations when you have little to no push coming from your weakest position group on the field. You want a confidence builder for this group of stiffs? Fast, quick hitting, power runs. Save that delayed bullshit for when you have a line you can lean on, not these guys.

Play #2
Blame on this play: JONAH WILLIAMS
This play is a touchdown if lead blocker Drew Sample doesn't run into a backwards moving JW, who somehow winds up being twisted on his back in the end zone. I've seen too many plays like this from this supposed blue chip tackle. He's OK in pass protection and below OK in run blocking. I don't give a **** what PFF thinks. Until I see otherwise, so far he's been nothing but a below average starting LT at best.

Play #3
Blame on this play: Chase
Catch the ball, kid. It's part of your job title. Those 6 lost points proved to be quite huge.

Play #4
Blame on this play: Taylor and Spain
Taylor for not kicking the ball and Spain for getting completely owned almost immediately. DT fakes inside, Spain bites and is pushed aside as if he wasn't even there, beeline for Burrow, play over.

This series is a microcosm of this entire game. This is a team loss. Almost everybody contributed to the failure and they all can learn from that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1st quarter plenty of game left on the road just take the 3 for crying out loud.

This from the guy that thinks our defense played great yesterday. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Defense and Offense were not the problem.

Wait, neither the defense nor the offense were the problem yesterday? Then what in the Sam Hill Davy Jones' locker was?!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This from the guy that thinks our defense played great yesterday. Rolleyes

no they played bad but the offense is equally or more to blame
Reply/Quote
call me old school but I always take the points in away game in that scenario...same thng in Baseball when the conputer basically manages the game and they end up replacing a pitcher that is in a groove with a guy that goes in and gets blown away.
Reply/Quote

The Chase drop and the miscommunication between Boyd and Uzomah were killers.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: no they played bad but the offense is equally or more to blame

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Maybe in the Land of Make Believe. But absolutely NO ONE in the NFL nor anyone who reports on the NFL or professionally analyzes NFL games would say the offense was equally or more to blame and I defy you to prove me wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Maybe in the Land of Make Believe. But absolutely NO ONE in the NFL nor anyone who reports on the NFL or professionally analyzes NFL games would say the offense was equally or more to blame and I defy you to prove me wrong. 

Yeah, the offense wasn't an issue. They weren't great, but they weren't bad. They ranked 14th in EPA for Week 8 (so far). The defense ranked 21st in EPA, but the killer was YAC EPA. Cincinnati was 31st. Basically, that means that Cincinnati gave up a lot of points due to YAC. I've seen people mentioning the dinking and dunking and that is exactly what NY did. They took what was there and we didn't capitalize on open field tackles or trying to play tight on short routes. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, the offense wasn't an issue. They weren't great, but they weren't bad. They ranked 14th in EPA for Week 8 (so far). The defense ranked 21st in EPA, but the killer was YAC EPA. Cincinnati was 31st. Basically, that means that Cincinnati gave up a lot of points due to YAC. I've seen people mentioning the dinking and dunking and that is exactly what NY did. They took what was there and we didn't capitalize on open field tackles or trying to play tight on short routes. 

Clearly, you don't understand football.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Maybe in the Land of Make Believe. But absolutely NO ONE in the NFL nor anyone who reports on the NFL or professionally analyzes NFL games would say the offense was equally or more to blame and I defy you to prove me wrong. 

Why couldnt the offense control the time of possession? keep white on the bench?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why couldnt the offense control the time of possession? keep white on the bench?

It was 31-20 middle-to-late in the 4th QTR in favor of the Bengals. Are you sure you really want to lay the majority of the blame on the offense? 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 05:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It was 31-20 middle-to-late in the 4th QTR in favor of the Bengals. Are you sure you really want to lay the majority of the blame on the offense? 

the offense controlled the ball 1 play after D gives up a long TD drive. Just for the D to come back out first and goal from the 9. D gave the offense first and goal from the 1 2 more in scoring range. Yep all D's fault
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 05:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yep all D's fault

FINALLY! You're starting to see reason.
Reply/Quote