Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5/30 ruling against Trump
(06-01-2024, 05:30 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Swing and a miss with another label.

At least you are consistent in your failure and trying to use the label as a slur against my political beliefs.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I didn't call you maga. But if you are starting to feel like a persecuted trump ally fighting for the honorable savior of the country. You're starting to fit in.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 05:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I didn't call you maga. But if you are starting to feel like a persecuted trump ally fighting for the honorable savior of the country. You're starting to fit in.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 05:30 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: At least you are consistent in your failure and trying to use the label as a slur against my political beliefs.

It's funny you consider the affiliation to the guys campaign slogan who you intend to vote for a slur.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 05:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My critical thinking skills and common sense tell me the liberals saying Trump can’t beat Biden due to the conviction should be jumping with joy and encouraging Trump to be the nominee.

Yet,I see lot of noise and acting like the GOP should replace Trump. It makes no sense if they are so certain Biden beats Trum easily in November.

I am rooting for Biden to be the.nominee. I think he loses to a political prisoner.

If I thought Trump will lose in November, I would quit donating money to the various pacts and call for him to step down.

I sometimes wonder if you are just programmed AI with every major right wing talking point filtered through Chat GPT.  

It's that predictable and needless.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 06:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's funny you consider the affiliation to the guys campaign slogan who you intend to vote for a slur.

It was deemed that in the mod thread, when used in that manner.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 06:04 PM)samhain Wrote: I sometimes wonder if you are just programmed AI with every major right wing talking point filtered through Chat GPT.  

The odd thing is I don't entirely disagree, but yet you don't see the exact same behavior on your side of the aisle. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 07:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The odd thing is I don't entirely disagree, but yet you don't see the exact same behavior on your side of the aisle. 

We are all predictable to each other at this point.  Most of the time, anyway.  

I just don't see much of a point in copy-paste of every single article from the right wing website of the day.  

I don't want to know what you heard on TV or the radio in a forum.  I want to know what you think and why it's any different or worthy of putting into the atmosphere.

I also don't mind bullshit if it's entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 07:22 PM)samhain Wrote: We are all predictable to each other at this point.  Most of the time, anyway.  

I just don't see much of a point in copy-paste of every single article from the right wing website of the day.  

I don't want to know what you heard on TV or the radio in a forum.  I want to know what you think and why it's any different or worthy of putting into the atmosphere.

All entirely fair points.  I just don't see the person you're talking to as at all different from several left leaning posters here that never seem to get the same treatment.  

Oh well.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: All entirely fair points.  I just don't see the person you're talking to as at all different from several left leaning posters here that never seem to get the same treatment.  

Oh well.

It's the verbiage and cadence for me, but I can't tell you how to perceive anything.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 07:22 PM)samhain Wrote: We are all predictable to each other at this point.  Most of the time, anyway.  

Well put and fair points I hope most agree on.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 06:04 PM)samhain Wrote: I sometimes wonder if you are just programmed AI with every major right wing talking point filtered through Chat GPT.  

He's not long winded enough to be one. Now OTOH.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 01:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: ? I have yet to come across one person who seriously claims that Biden is a great choice. It seems to me that no one thinks so.
If only the country could actually unite behind the notion that actually has a clear majority: These two people are crappy choices. Almost everyone on this board apparently thinks so, barring the very few actual Trump fans. Biden fans, no such thing.

But that's Americans: We have two crappy choices - again.
And also Americans: Let' not do anything about that, instead let me put in all my energy to demonstrate how your guy is crappier than mine.

They are just like the MAGA people, their leader can do no wrong. 

I don't defend everything Trump does, if he's shut his pie hole he'd probably fare even better, but who knows maybe the MAGA peeps love that shit.
Reply/Quote
The state of Washington has a law that forbids felons from appearing on their ballots. This law has been on the books for some time so wasn’t passed in response to the current Trump situations. Obviously it has not ever been applied for the presidential election so the impact has yet to be seen. Either way it is applied will surely be challenged in court

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 02:42 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I could make a similar list about Joe Biden shaking invisible hands, being deemed mentally incompetent to stand trail as he is forgetful (bur remains President), talking to dead people, falling up stairs, level floors, off bikes, talking to like a hostage is in the room, making racist remarks, being buddies with klansmen, botched withdrawing of troops, terrible on border control, record inflation, childish cue cards he cannot understand (pause, repeat the line), garbled speeches, and more. 

Well, while I do not agree with all of your points, especially the Mr. Hur one (sample size of one, who also used a term like photographic memory), I do not disagree at all with your overall notion. You can make a legit list full of legitimately concerning issues. Mine is still longer. Some of the main reasons being that Biden does not tweet and does not declare himself to be a genius knowing more about anything than anyone while actually knowing pretty much nothing about anything. It's old man vs. 9-year-old schoolyard bully in an old man's body.
And while it's not all that important to argue about it, you claiming with authority that Biden is perceived as the bigger village idiot on the world stage is just not true.

(06-01-2024, 02:57 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am aware.

Similarly, they may have some partisan bias, as has been noted before.

A simple size of two means nothing unless it is something extremely rare. 

Yeah well, that is correct, we are two people who certainly are biased against Mr. Trump, politically and personally. That does not mean our opinion is worthless... and you should know, since you display some of the harshest anti-liberal bias this board has ever seen. I still try to argue with you on the merits instead of just pointing this out, posting a disparaging meme and be done with it. Calling people biased is a cheap argument, for one because everyone is.

Also, what Arturo and me are saying is a majority opinion in our respective countries, and that is to an extent provable through polls. Trump's favorability rating usually hovers around 10-20%. If we had a vote, Biden would easily win in almost every European country and in every country, Trump is just mercilessly mocked. All that does not make us Biden fans for sure, but the far bigger laughing stock of the two is Trump and it is reflected everywhere.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 01:34 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They are just like the MAGA people, their leader can do no wrong. 

I don't defend everything Trump does, if he's shut his pie hole he'd probably fare even better, but who knows maybe the MAGA peeps love that shit.

Well, I probably have to agree to a point, as much as I don't want to. Biden sure gets defended more often than I would deem justified. Which, to an extent, is the logical consequence of a two party system, where every critizism more or less automatically is seen as a favorable point for the other guy. But they are not like the MAGA people, for the latter actually worship Trump while no one really worships Biden. If Biden said that he could shoot someone and not lose votes, it would be untrue. No one (well, say hardly anyone, except some whataboutism artists) would defend Biden on stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 08:09 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I probably have to agree to a point, as much as I don't want to. Biden sure gets defended more often than I would deem justified. Which, to an extent, is the logical consequeence of a two party system, where every critizism more or less automatically is seen as a favorable point for the other guy. But they are not like the MAGA people, for the latter actually worship Trump while no one really worships Biden. If Biden said that he could shoot someone and not lose votes, it would be untrue. No one (well, say hardly anyone, except some whataboutism artists) would defend Biden on stuff like that.

DJT's playbook is insults, lies and threats and nothing else much. It takes a special kind of people to be receptive to that. 

If you are not fueled by hate, it's hard to resonate to this. It's just pityful. Appaling. Pathetic.

But I give him that, he succeeds in bursting the worst out of everyone. Me included.

What a role model he is ... 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 08:27 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: DJT's playbook is instults, lies and threats and nothing else much. It takes a special kind of people to be receptive to that. 

If you are not fueled by hate, it's hard to resonate to this. It's just pityful. Appaling. Pathetic.

But I give him that, he succeeds in bursting the worst out of everyone. Me included.

What a role model he is ... 

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 01:34 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They are just like the MAGA people, their leader can do no wrong. 

The most hilarious part with pretend RINOs like you is the dishonesty.

"MAGA people".  Right.  Like there's a secret and small niche of hardcore Trump followers that are just so crazy that even sensible conservatives (such as yourself, of course) couldn't possibly share their views in lockstep. 

It' must be quite convenient to be able to cast the MAGA "slur" upon others to elevate yourself while you continue to harbor the exact same beliefs that these poor, mindless (according to you) MAGA folk espouse.

And you guys say we are unfair to the followers.  

Maybe you could provide some solid reasons as to why you're so much better than the lowly MAGA?  Other than "Trump says stuff I don't like"? 

Are you a closet LIBROLLL????
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 01:22 PM)samhain Wrote: The most hilarious part with pretend RINOs like you is the dishonesty.

"MAGA people".  Right.  Like there's a secret and small niche of hardcore Trump followers that are just so crazy that even sensible conservatives (such as yourself, of course) couldn't possibly share their views in lockstep. 

It' must be quite convenient to be able to cast the MAGA "slur" upon others to elevate yourself while you continue to harbor the exact same beliefs that these poor, mindless (according to you) MAGA folk espouse.

And you guys say we are unfair to the followers.  

Maybe you could provide some solid reasons as to why you're so much better than the lowly MAGA?  Other than "Trump says stuff I don't like"? 

Are you a closet LIBROLLL????

Oh come on, let's be fair to Mike here. While I sure would prefer him being even more critical of Trump, he's far from swallowing every stupid stuff this man says. Hence he does not fulfil the Maga cliché and I can't quite picture him buying all kinds of Trump merch and showing up at his rallies with I'd rather be a Russian than a liberal shirts. He is not that kind of person and imho has every right to distinguish himself from them.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 08:27 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: DJT's playbook is insults, lies and threats and nothing else much. It takes a special kind of people to be receptive to that.

Straight out of the Democrat playbook.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote