Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-5 Bengals Still In Wild Card Picture
(11-25-2018, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have to agree with you on this. We're a lot closer to finishing 1-5 than we are to 5-1 to finish the year.

The issues with the team are 1) The Linebackers are terrible.
2) The offensive line is bad.

Those aren't issues that are just going to go away 10 games into the season.
OH and 3) Our defense is Historically trash
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 11:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: When a team is 5-5 it’s far form a big assumption they won’t go 5-1 to finish the season.  If they did it would actually be 8-1 after 2-5 start.  You really want to take those odds?

I take it you didn't see Bengals 2012 season.  They were 3-5 and finished 10-6  

Right now Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, Titans are 5-5.   If Bengals win, I look for some of these teams to lose this week.  I'll guess Dolphins and Titans lose. I'll guess Colts lose next week. That would leave just Bengals and Ravens at 7-5 probably with 4 games left.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have to agree with you on this. We're a lot closer to finishing 1-5 than we are to 5-1 to finish the year.

The issues with the team are 1) The Linebackers are terrible.
2) The offensive line is bad.

Those aren't issues that are just going to go away 10 games into the season.

The saddest part for me is I think they could still make a run with a few key adjustments, but they just stick with what doesn't work and die a slow death on offense and continue to make curious decisions on offense.

If on defense, they would simply use their 3 first round picks at CB to play man (and I am hoping Dennard will take the job from an injured Dre and never look back) and use one of the safeties (preferably Fej) in the box to help cover short routes and stuff the running game.  Also, have WJIII travel with the other team's best WR.  While we are at it, increase the blitz % two-fold.  We might actually get more out of these guys if they are playing more aggressive and not forcing the back end to cover all day (which they aren't able to).

On offense, target getting John Ross 10 touches a game.  Jet sweeps, screens, slants, and the occasional deep shot...but right now, they are pigeon holing him to take the proverbial top off the defense and ignoring his phone-booth quicks.  

Increase the rushing attack % and work with play-action.  Just because the rushing attack doesn't work early doesn't mean they can't wear people down.  If Ross is used even as a decoy on jet sweeps, it will force LBs to fear the outside rush and slow their gap pressure.  

It isn't rocket science, and even Tony Pike echoed some of these sentiments and in his words "I can't believe they don't even try it".

Me either.  Then again....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin does not like to travel his corners, so Jackson travelling with the #1 receiver will not happen while he's coach....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 09:29 AM)motoarch Wrote: Looking at the teams in play and everyone’s schedule it’s silly to think the bengals are not in this. Not only are they in this they have the best shot the go into the post season. If all these team some how go 9-7 the bengals would win the tie breakers. In order for a 10-6 team to happen someone needs to go 5-1 from here on out. That’s extremely unlikely to happen given theyer all 500 teams at the moment and there are lots of division games left.

Cincinnati can beat the raiders and Denver. If they don’t sweep Cleveland don’t put it past them to steal a game from Pitt or LA.

I got flamed for being negative on this team when we were 4-1. I wasn’t being negative I was saying hey we’ve been here before proceed with caution. Now I’ll probably get flamed for being a homer.

That’s the the game is. Sometimes you get highs but you can let them fool you and sometimes you get lows but you can’t let them drag you down. This is far from over.

If Cincinnati loses tomorrow I might sing a diffrent tune but till then nothing’s changed.

I don’t see how Cincinnati would steal a game against Chargers or Pittsburgh unless one of them has already locked their playoff slot and decided to give some of their starters a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not any more! Team couldn't bring home the bacon against the lowly Browns.

Reply/Quote
Another must win game that the team really showed up for!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote