Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon!
Due to some teams having byes...we're tied with the Redskins at 0-5...but our SOS is much worse than theirs.

We're 1/3 of the way to the top pick in the draft folks!

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Reply/Quote
Miami is fully committed to going 0-fer. The Bengals just suck and are going 0-fer thus far.

There is 0 chance the Bengals lose to the Dolphins in Week 16. Also a very good chance the Bengals win Week 13 against the Jets, too.

So 2-14, and the 4th pick in the draft.

Dolphins will be 0-16
Jets will be 2-14 (with 2 wins against the Dolphins)
Redskins will be 2-14 (with a win against the Jets and Dolphins)
Bengals will be 2-14 (with a win against the Jets and Dolphins)

- - - - - - - - - -

All Bengals 4th Overall Picks:

WR, Peter Warrick (2000)
DE, Justin Smith (2001)
WR, AJ Green (2011)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cool.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There is 0 chance the Bengals lose to the Dolphins in Week 16. Also a very good chance the Bengals win Week 13 against the Jets, too.

So, we even suck at sucking.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We have a decent shot at getting the number one pick. The only winnable games we have left to me are the Dolphins and Jets who are both in the race for the number one pick. The Redskins and Dolphins play each other this week so somebody will have to win. The Jets will be better with Darnold back at QB and still have to play Miami twice so maybe they will split and beat us. I know some fans hate the idea of losing but we don't use free agency and are in desperate need of top end talent. If there's a can't miss franchise QB you have to take him they don't grow on trees, If not just draft the best player. Sure a QB won't fix all our issues but it's easier to draft the franchise QB and put the pieces around him versus the other way around. Best case we get the number one pick, draft a QB who is a franchise type player and Jonah Williams turns out to be a franchise type LT. We could have two of the most important positions all set in LT and QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, we even suck at sucking.

I mean... didn't we learn that in 2017 when the Bengals had already visibly quit playing on the field the weeks prior, only to win back-to-back games and kill the Lions and Ravens postseason hopes?

That sucking at sucking made us have to suffer through a 2018 with Marvin Lewis STILL as HC. It also ended up moving our pick in the 2018 draft from around 5 to around 12, which is why they then traded down to get Glenn (who sucked) and used that lower pick to draft Price (who became a backup one year after being drafted in the 1st).

That should have been all the evidence you needed. Lol

Reply/Quote
The team basically had zero playoff hopes after only playing a quarter of a season. How F’n pathetic and embarrassing!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Miami is fully committed to going 0-fer. The Bengals just suck and are going 0-fer thus far.

There is 0 chance the Bengals lose to the Dolphins in Week 16. Also a very good chance the Bengals win Week 13 against the Jets, too.

So 2-14, and the 4th pick in the draft.

Dolphins will be 0-16
Jets will be 2-14 (with 2 wins against the Dolphins)
Redskins will be 2-14 (with a win against the Jets and Dolphins)
Bengals will be 2-14 (with a win against the Jets and Dolphins)

- - - - - - - - - -

All Bengals 4th Overall Picks:

WR, Peter Warrick (2000)
DE, Justin Smith (2001)
WR, AJ Green (2011)

For the Bengals to beat the Jets, that would require our LB's to stop LeVeon Bell.

The fins have the Pats in week 17.  The way things are going, the Pats will have homefield locked up by then.  Kraft orders Belicheat to lose the game to deny the fish their franchise QB. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Darnold will soon be back for the JETS and he didn't injure a knee or elbow or anything, so he should return to form and boost their Offense.

They'll win some games. Including the one against the Bengals. Williams familiarity with Dalton and co will play a role.

Bengals 1-15, unless we make a star out of Rosen (which isn't out of the question).

Bengals 2nd overall pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Guys, don’t get your hopes up. This team will find a way to win 3 or 4 games down the stretch and end up with pick 12.
Reply/Quote
As my neighbor said to me, at least the Bengals are perfect at something.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: For the Bengals to beat the Jets, that would require our LB's to stop LeVeon Bell.

The fins have the Pats in week 17.  The way things are going, the Pats will have homefield locked up by then.  Kraft orders Belicheat to lose the game to deny the fish their franchise QB. 

I was actually a little worried about Bell when I saw the schedule for this year. He's not been Bell this year, though. Guy is averaging 2.9 YPC and hasn't had a run longer than 13 yards all year. Even receiving he's at a career low of yards per catch.

It looks like the year off didn't do him any favors.

OR maybe it's just that this is the first time he's had to run behind an OL that isn't allowed to hold on every single play, and is finding out it's a whole lot harder.

(10-07-2019, 09:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Darnold will soon be back for the JETS and he didn't injure a knee or elbow or anything, so he should return to form and boost their Offense.

They'll win some games. Including the one against the Bengals. Williams familiarity with Dalton and co will play a role.

Bengals 1-15, unless we make a star out of Rosen (which isn't out of the question).

Bengals 2nd overall pick.

Mono is serious for a football player. With an enlarged spleen, he is one QB hit away from potentially dying. They will wait until that is 100% gone. It's not a "tough-it-out" kinda thing.

Then once he's fully recovered from the mono, he has to put back on weight/muscle (which he will have lost a good amount of). It's not like recovering from a knee injury where you can still work out the rest of your body and swim or whatever. Mono will shut down all your workouts, so he will be a couple months without even jogging or throwing a football.

Even then he's not guaranteed to be 100% energy-wise. Remember that Bronson Arroyo got mono with the Reds and he wasn't right all year long, leading the league in earned runs allowed and home runs allowed.

Reply/Quote
What's funny is the Bengals could easily be 3-2 right now had a few things gone different.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:56 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: What's funny is the Bengals could easily be 3-2 right now had a few things gone different.

Winners make those few things go their way, while losers figure out how make enough mistakes so they don't.

Reply/Quote
2019 the path to perfection! I’ve waited my whole life for this! I just with they would speed this up a year to get Trevor
Reply/Quote
Add the Browns to the possible victory list. They don't play the Bengals until the second Sunday in December. Who knows what that team will look like in two months. They'll probably inflict more damage on themselves than the opponents.

I want them to trade down and pick up more quality help on the lines and LB than just a first round and second round pick. If there is anything like Quenton Nelson in next years draft, I want him in Cincinnati.

Anybody thinking that an early first round QB next year is going to fix this mess is lost. 2021 is when you go for your guy and make him sit at least until they are out of the playoffs. Build up the core of this team before you draft "the savior" or you'll wind up with the next Akili.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 01:42 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: 2019 the path to perfection! I’ve waited my whole life for this! I just with they would speed this up a year to get Trevor

Please go somewhere else.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
we better start our backups in the MIA game to show we're smart enough to tank
Reply/Quote
When we beat the Dolphins, players on the Bengals will cheer and get pumped for the 2020 season thinking that they "beat" the Dolphins. Lol. In reality, the Dolphins won and will have first choice in the draft.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I fully believe this team has what it takes to run the table in reverse. I believe in the Bungles.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote