Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 McCarron Highlights
I still haven't had a chance to watch much of the replay from the game, but apparently AJ McCarron is making some noise.

Here are five highlights from the game on CincyJungle and even they acknowledge that there's no controversy, but it's good to see them talking him up.

He had a nice deep ball to Marvin Jones and a nice pass to Eifert, which you know I'm excited about utilizing him.

Like I said, no controversy, but it's good to know that we have insurance and possible future trade potential.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I still haven't had a chance to watch much of the replay from the game, but apparently AJ McCarron is making some noise.

Here are five highlights from the game on CincyJungle and even they acknowledge that there's no controversy, but it's good to see them talking him up.

He had a nice deep ball to Marvin Jones and a nice pass to Eifert, which you know I'm excited about utilizing him.

Like I said, no controversy, but it's good to know that we have insurance and possible future trade potential.

It was the best piece of offense, I have seen in a long time from the Bengals.  I am not joking, I am serious...  I love how the team reacted when he was in in the game the 1's.  Week 3-4 if we are struggling with Andy, you will hear chants of AJ McCarron at Paul Brown Stadium.  Guaranteed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:14 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: It was the best piece of offense, I have seen in a long time from the Bengals.  I am not joking, I am serious...  I love how the team reacted when he was in in the game the 1's.  Week 3-4 if we are struggling with Andy, you will hear chants of AJ McCarron at Paul Brown Stadium.  Guaranteed. 

If we go 2-2 I'm sure you'll hear it too.  It'll take at least a 3-1 start for that not to happen.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:24 PM)EatonFan Wrote: If we go 2-2 I'm sure you'll hear it too.  It'll take at least a 3-1 start for that not to happen.

We want A-J! We want A-J!

Just gettin' warmed up.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No need to create a controversy.  Isn't it just comforting to know that we have a capable backup, in case of injury?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well since you advertised 5 highlights and there are only 4 in the article I'll help you out.

[Image: Pressure_from_Jake_Fisher_39_s_guy_force...ete..0.gif]

The clip cuts off but this was a good pass that just went through the receivers hands. This could have been his best play of the night just avoiding pressure. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:24 PM)EatonFan Wrote: If we go 2-2 I'm sure you'll hear it too.  It'll take at least a 3-1 start for that not to happen.
I hope they put AJMc in during the Oakland game. Hopefully for mop-up. But if AD struggles, I want AJMc to get a shot. The players seem to react well to him. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:42 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Well since you advertised 5 highlights and there are only 4 in the article I'll help you out.

[Image: Pressure_from_Jake_Fisher_39_s_guy_force...ete..0.gif]

The clip cuts off but this was a good pass that just went through the receivers hands. This could have been his best play of the night just avoiding pressure. 

He needs more pocket awareness, I've heard.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:59 AM)BigSeph Wrote: He needs more pocket awareness, I've heard.

I feel like he has more than dalton... Dalton has horrible pocket awareness. Id like to give dalton one season shot and then decide his fate tho.
Reply/Quote
Wow the tackles folded up like cheap tents on that play. LOL
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I counted 4.

But he was very exciting during that game.

His biggest strikes were lack of arm strength and lack of mobility.

I think he, at the very least, proved that his arm isn't as weak as people think it is; especially with that 40 yard bomb to Jones.

As for his lack of mobility...he's working on it. I saw him move around in the pocket a little, escape a little pressure. He was under pressure all freaking night and still had a very nice game.

So I think he's improving on his biggest weaknesses, which is a nice thing to see out of a young QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I counted 4.

But he was very exciting during that game.

His biggest strikes were lack of arm strength and lack of mobility.

I think he, at the very least, proved that his arm isn't as weak as people think it is; especially with that 40 yard bomb to Jones.

As for his lack of mobility...he's working on it. I saw him move around in the pocket a little, escape a little pressure. He was under pressure all freaking night and still had a very nice game.

So I think he's improving on his biggest weaknesses, which is a nice thing to see out of a young QB.

Agreed.....his arm certainly looked better than it did at Tampa....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:14 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: It was the best piece of offense, I have seen in a long time from the Bengals.  I am not joking, I am serious...  I love how the team reacted when he was in in the game the 1's.  Week 3-4 if we are struggling with Andy, you will hear chants of AJ McCarron at Paul Brown Stadium.  Guaranteed. 

You'll hear those chants if the team goes 16-0.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 11:08 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You'll hear those chants if the team goes 16-0.

When I am at the game I am going to decide then and there what I am going to Chant...... but if Donald Trump can get us to 16-0 I would chant his name!!  LOL.
Reply/Quote
There is no controversy..........until Dalton has one of those games where he plays like an elementary school QB throwing to the opposing team more than our Wideouts.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:41 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: There is no controversy..........until Dalton has one of those games where he plays like an elementary school QB throwing to the opposing team more than our Wideouts.

......beats the zero yards a certain left coast QB had for a half the other night.....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He threw that bomb to Marvin Jones 2x :)

First time it got called back for holding, then they hooked up again later for that TD.

I was happy to see the nice zip on it for that distance. He's definitely looking like a fire cracker.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:41 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: There is no controversy..........until Dalton has one of those games where he plays like an elementary school QB throwing to the opposing team more than our Wideouts.

Using history as a guide, Bad Andy will show up.  As soon as Bad Andy shows up, there will be a controversy.  You have all these guys on the team talking up AJ and then he goes out there and plays well, improving from one week to the next, directing the 1's.  If he plays well again this week, regardless of the meaningless-ness of the game, it will further percolate, especially among the Dalton haters.

There will be a controversy this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: Using history as a guide, Bad Andy will show up.  As soon as Bad Andy shows up, there will be a controversy.  You have all these guys on the team talking up AJ and then he goes out there and plays well, improving from one week to the next, directing the 1's.  If he plays well again this week, regardless of the meaningless-ness of the game, it will further percolate, especially among the Dalton haters.

There will be a controversy this year.

Heck, there's been people call for Gradkowski, Josh Johnson and Jason Campbell over the years.

The calls for McCarron are going to be intense. At least McCarron has some potential, unlike the previous backups.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 04:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, there's been people call for Gradkowski, Josh Johnson and Jason Campbell over the years.

The calls for McCarron are going to be intense. At least McCarron has some potential, unlike the previous backups.

Macaroni has some potential but I wouldn't get my hopes up. For how critical I am of Dalton, I understand that it is very difficult drafting a 5th round QB and turning him into a serviceable starter. Chances are our QB of the future isn't on this roster currently.
Reply/Quote