Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else going to Denver for the game?
Flying out on Christmas day to watch the Whods take on the Broncos at Mile High. Anyone else going?

Anyone ever been? Any tips, places, things we should do while in Denver?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Denver's a really cool city. I went this summer, and so many brewery, pub places around the stadium. Getting used to the elevation is the real deal, take it easy. Have fun and who dey!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Flying out on Christmas day to watch the Whods take on the Broncos at Mile High. Anyone else going?

Anyone ever been? Any tips, places, things we should do while in Denver?

Ninja LOL

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Drink lots of water when you first get here.  That will help with the altitude.  LoDo is pretty cool and has a lot of bars/clubs if you are into that sort of thing.  16th Street Mall is pretty neat as well, it's a street in downtown Denver that has been turned into an outdoor mall.

If you like museums, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is great, as is the Denver Art Museum.  There's plenty to do in Denver, so you shouldn't be bored.

EDIT: Added links to the various activities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: Drink lots of water when you first get here.  That will help with the altitude.  LoDo is pretty cool and has a lot of bars/clubs if you are into that sort of thing.  16th Street Mall is pretty neat as well, it's a street in downtown Denver that has been turned into an outdoor mall.

If you like museums, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is great, as is the Denver Art Museum.  There's plenty to do in Denver, so you shouldn't be bored.

My ex step dad is..lol
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: Drink lots of water when you first get here.  That will help with the altitude.  LoDo is pretty cool and has a lot of bars/clubs if you are into that sort of thing.  16th Street Mall is pretty neat as well, it's a street in downtown Denver that has been turned into an outdoor mall.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. 

How does the elevation effect you? I know it makes you tired/exhausted/short of breath a lot quicker, but is there anything else? We are heavy drinkers so I dont know if that effects you at all... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Awesome. Thanks for the info. 

How does the elevation effect you? I know it makes you tired/exhausted/short of breath a lot quicker, but is there anything else? We are heavy drinkers so I dont know if that effects you at all... 

You may get a headache the first day or so.  And you won't be able to drink as much as you can at sea level, I'll tell you that now. I don't drink that often anymore, but at sea level, I can usually drink three beers before I feel anything at all. Here, I usually have a slight buzz after one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It has been over 20 years since I lived in Denver, so the places i would recomend are probably gone. But just be sure to enjoy all the good authentic Mexican and Tex/Mex food out there.
Reply/Quote
Elevation did not effect me at all, but I was in great physical shape back then.
Reply/Quote
I'll be there. Flying up from Phoenix on Sunday afternoon.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote