Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 for 5 on 4th down
Burrow really seems to thrive when the pressure is on. That is a pretty good stat line to have playing in only your second NFL game. He’s also been on point whenever they are in a two minute drill at the end of the half or the game.

Kid really does have an amazing amount of composure. A lot of rookies (or hell even a QB like Mayfield) would be turning it over left and right under the conditions Joe’s been facing. I didn’t get to see the fumble on the Myles Garrett sack, but to only have one pick on 97 attempts under constant pressure is impressive. He’s mostly making good decisions out there. Can’t really ask for much more from a rookie.

90.6 rating in his first primetime game. Plenty of room for improvement, but he certainly looks like the potential franchise QB we all hoped for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd take more comfort in that stat if Zac didn't choke on his own facemask when we were 1st and goal on the zero ***** yard line and had those same five chances to score and we shit the bed. Joe is looking like the real thing, but WTF was that shit? Get this kid a line and then a coach.

Give the offense a decent chance and then, in my opinion, we can truly evaluate their (his) performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:53 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I'd take more comfort in that stat if Zac didn't choke on his own facemask when we were 1st and goal on the zero ***** yard line and had those same five chances to score and we shit the bed. Joe is looking like the real thing, but WTF was that shit? Get this kid a line and then a coach.

Give the offense a decent chance and then, in my opinion, we can truly evaluate their (his) performance.

Zac shit the bed, or did Joe Mixon run for negative five and Tyler Boyd drop an easy touchdown? Open your eyes next time you watch a game. I’m not even a big ZT fan but cmon..
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow really seems to thrive when the pressure is on. That is a pretty good stat line to have playing in only your second NFL game. He’s also been on point whenever they are in a two minute drill at the end of the half or the game.

Kid really does have an amazing amount of composure. A lot of rookies (or hell even a QB like Mayfield) would be turning it over left and right under the conditions Joe’s been facing. I didn’t get to see the fumble on the Myles Garrett sack, but to only have one pick on 97 attempts under constant pressure is impressive. He’s mostly making good decisions out there. Can’t really ask for much more from a rookie.

90.6 rating in his first primetime game. Plenty of room for improvement, but he certainly looks like the potential franchise QB we all hoped for.

And I think I counted at least 7 drops on very catchable balls.  He would have had over 400 yards passing easily.  The kid is amazing.  The team sucks rhinoceros balls.  
Reply/Quote
Five for Five on fourth down.That alone,tells us a lot about Joe Burrow.Under the circumstances,he done a good job.Yes, he had a few mishaps, but even a veteran Quarterback could have folded under that kind of pressure.He kept fighting and kept them in the game.
Reply/Quote
What I'm not hearing is 5 for 5 on 4th down, no comments about Taylor going for it? All the criticism about Marvin being too conservative. At least we ARE going for it now.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What I'm not hearing is 5 for 5 on 4th down, no comments about Taylor going for it? All the criticism about Marvin being too conservative. At least we ARE going for it now.

I was happy with the 4th down calls. I thought given the defense was non-existent Taylor called a decent offensive game. You don't want your rookie throwing it that much, but when you are down the whole game and can't run the ball, its pretty much all you can do. This game rests like 95% on the defense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What I'm not hearing is 5 for 5 on 4th down, no comments about Taylor going for it? All the criticism about Marvin being too conservative. At least we ARE going for it now.

Not much choice when you’re down multiple scores. Burrow and his WR’s were the ones making the clutch plays when they had to have them though.

Sorry I’m not aboard the 2-16 ZT train just yet...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not much choice when you’re down multiple scores. Burrow and his WR’s were the ones making the clutch plays when they had to have them though.

Sorry I’m not aboard the 2-16 ZT train just yet...

If we can organize a go fund me to raise enough cash to cover my expenses, I'll sneak into Taylor's house and steal all his margarine. Then I'll apply the margarine liberally to all 4 of his tires, taking away all his traction and therefore keep him away during games. 

If he has a fish tank, I'm pouring pickle juice in it. 

This has to stay here folks. Not a word. Loose lips sink ships.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:06 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If we can organize a go fund me to raise enough cash to cover my expenses, I'll sneak into Taylor's house and steal all his margarine. Then I'll apply the margarine liberally to all 4 of his tires, taking away all his traction and therefore keep him away during games. 

You ***** kill me man.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 05:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow really seems to thrive when the pressure is on. That is a pretty good stat line to have playing in only your second NFL game. He’s also been on point whenever they are in a two minute drill at the end of the half or the game.

He played better than a 90 rating in primetime honestly. The reason why it's so low is because the YPA is low, but that's not really his fault. We didn't have any plays that were 20+ yards, and that's because the OL was playing like crap.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You ***** kill me man.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Yet again an unsatisfactory coach has led us to the breach. Cry havoc (or just cry) and let slip the agitated message board posters.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:06 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If we can organize a go fund me to raise enough cash to cover my expenses, I'll sneak into Taylor's house and steal all his margarine. Then I'll apply the margarine liberally to all 4 of his tires, taking away all his traction and therefore keep him away during games. 

Fart in his pillowcases while you're in there.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:08 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He played better than a 90 rating in primetime honestly. The reason why it's so low is because the YPA is low, but that's not really his fault. We didn't have any plays that were 20+ yards, and that's because the OL was playing like crap.

Uzomah had a 23 yard TD.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:15 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fart in his pillowcases while you're in there.

Maybe the pinkeye will accidentally cause him to call better plays.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:15 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fart in his pillowcases while you're in there.

I l like where your head is. But my farts smell like skittle-encrusted frankincense. We're looking to punish, not reward.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Uzomah had a 23 yard TD.

Maybe I misheard the announcers, because I thought at the end of the game they said that we didn't have any 20+ yard plays. They were talking about how he only had 300 yards with like 60 attempts
Reply/Quote
Don't get to 4th down without failing on 3rd.
Reply/Quote

What did his fish ever do to you?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 08:34 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Zac shit the bed, or did Joe Mixon run for negative five and Tyler Boyd drop an easy touchdown? Open your eyes next time you watch a game. I’m not even a big ZT fan but cmon..

That's the thing I don't know how people miss ? Your Oline couldn't block a fire hydrant, your WR's couldn't catch a beach ball, your defense can't tackle a 5th grade RB, the execution is like a -5 on a scale of 1 - 10, and it's the coaches fault ?

I'm not taking up for ZT either. I'm not at all convinced he's the answer.

As to JB, he's been great considering.
Reply/Quote