Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 reasons why we could potentially beat steelers
(11-27-2017, 03:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: None matter because Marv has mailed it in and he wants to join their staff after he loses his job this year.

This sentiment brought to you by the 2010 season.  I mean...it's POSSIBLE this is the end for Marvin, but he survived that so I'm not believing it until it happens.  Same with beating the Steelers.  Even when we had that playoff game won I sat there and said "Nope, still time on the clock...not won yet."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers win handily. And it will be one of those games where they have control of the game almost immediately.
Reply/Quote
I definitely appreciate optimistic posts. Especially coming from where we were weeks ago. Unfortunately, I struggle to be optimistic to the Steelers. We had a great team win last week, and prior, unfortunately, I don't see us getting the breaks against the Steelers. Steelers have simply outplayed us far too frequently, and rarely do we play for those 'moments' that was mentioned.

Cleveland's running attack did really well against us, if it wasn't for poor coaching decisions and getting behind, they could've kept running it at us if they wanted. I won't be surprised to see a healthy dose of LeVeon Bell smashing us.

I think we lose this game similarly to the first one, by two possessions.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I'll give one reason: Joe Haden is out.

Haden smothered AJ (as he usually does) in the last game, holding AJ to 3 catches for 41 yards on 6 targets.

The last 2 games played vs Pitt in PBS (sans Haden), Green produced these stat lines:

6 catches - 132 yards - 1 TD (9 targets) 
11 catches - 224 yards - 1 TD (17 targets)

Neither of these were a win though. Our defense allowed 42 and 33 points in these games. I think AJ shows up though. If he does, it's on the D to hold their own. Now this is a prime time game though, so it's possible no one shows up and AJ Green morphs into Ron Dugans. We'll see.

Even if Andy/AJ, the run game and the defense all show up, the Steelers often break things open in the return game against us. The last time we out-rushed the Steelers happens to be our last prime-time match against them (in 2014). Antonio Brown had a 71 yard Kick Return TD, and Nugent missed a FG. That turned out to be the difference.

The last time we beat the Steelers in Prime-Time was a 20-10 win on 9/16/2013 at PBS. We out-rushed the Steelers 127 to 44 that day. Dalton threw for 280 with a TD and no turnovers. That's the type of game we need to have to win. I never worry about Roethlisberger beating us on his own. He almost never does that. They pound us with the run and then let Ben take some shots.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm considering getting a fishing hook for the game.. You know the story.. 
I don't have a lot of expectations for the game so if we pull this off I'll be happy, but I'm not sold on it being our shoe-in for playoffs much less playoff win.
IF we beat pissburg (big IF) you can pretty much be assured we'll lose to Chicago.. That's my optimistic thought for the day..maybe that's the number one reason we'll win Monday..to lose in Chicago..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The only chance I see for a win is if the Steelers are looking ahead to week 15 against the Patriots like their head coach.
Reply/Quote
My guess is that it’s the same old same old ...

We are a mediocre team at best still trying to figure out our way ... all with a lousy coach

They are rock solid this year and usually own us anyway even when we’re good.

I predict that the Stoolers will embarrass us at home.

Pricks
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 We need a win desperately to remain in the playoff race. If rumors are true and this is Marvin last year. What better way of leaving in true Marvin fashion an opening round playoff loss. Downside, If Marvin wins, he stays. Weirder things have happened. I'm not all-in on getting a playoff win to keep ML.

2 Steelers on the road are beatable they are capable of dropping a road division game to us. They barely beat the Rodgers less packers at home. True, but we lost to a Rodger-less Packer team in overtime. 

3 We have became semi competent on offensive line lately the 3 quarters grades they be up to a D if I graded them now. from the D - I gave them at the midway point. They still suck!

4 A light came on for Mixon. I feel he will consistently start to produce as a stud regardless of Oline. It was Cleveland. Also explains why the OL looked better. Remove those stats and he's only had 1 game with over 60+ yds rushing. Also can't expect him to get as much rcvg ypg as he did against Cleveland.

5 Kevin Minter is back it takes our linebacking core to another level when he is out there. We shall see.

Not trying to be negative, but grounded. Response above in bold..

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 06:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me. Go be where you belong Marv, in piss yellow and black.

This game is on Monday night, primetime with Marv as the HC? Hard to see us winning this one unless we have Burfict
back and he injures one of their star players, Bell, Brown or the Pig. I like that we changed up our blocking scheme to
more directionaly blocking instead of that passive zone we were running though.

Just like when we actually throw a quick hitch to a WR with a 10 yard cushion for an easy 10 yard gain....don't expect to see it again for a while.  We have to remain predictably stupid and avoid success at all costs.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This sentiment brought to you by the 2010 season.  I mean...it's POSSIBLE this is the end for Marvin, but he survived that so I'm not believing it until it happens.  Same with beating the Steelers.  Even when we had that playoff game won I sat there and said "Nope, still time on the clock...not won yet."

Still makes me sick.  All the fat, smug steeler fans were eating shit and I quietly sat down and said "Hill just fumbled" and I knew it was over right then.  Just before he fumbled, I said:  "WTF are you doing?  Take a knee!"  Groan.  
Reply/Quote
This is what Marvin has been saving Ross for all year. No game film to prepare against him. He is about to be unleashed. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The Steelers with their Terrible Towels and win one for the ring/index finger on the other hand or whatever the eff they're up to piss me off whenever I watch one of their games. It's particularly nauseating when Cris Collinsworth is the announcer because he has a huge man-crush on Ben Roethlisberger, I swear.

They play dirty and the refs let them get away with it usually. There was one year Tomlin tried to trip a guy running by, which is an extremely low class move.

For these reasons and more I would love to see the Bengals find some kind of way to play a keep-away offense and when the Steelers do have it the defense pressures them so much that Ben throws to Dre K and he holds onto the ball all the way this time. So, 21-0 or 28-0 would really be nice and it would really make a statement.

And then there's reality of course ...
Reply/Quote
It's Primetime football. Not just any Primetime, THE primetime: Monday night football. Plus it's against the steelers... And we're still coached by Marvin Lewis  Whatever  Historically an rationally speaking: we're f***ed.

I will be shocked if we can pull this one off. Hell, I'll be shocked if we can even keep it close.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 04:55 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Gonna be even tougher to beat them without Burfict (if he gets suspended, as I suspect he will).

Am I missing something?  Why would Burfict be suspended?  Legal hit, no fine....
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Believe the players will be "all in" on this game and it is not impossible.

Will have to somehow stop their rushing attack to have a legit chance.

Sure wish it was not MNF though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
1 Reason why we might win: we're all expecting the Steelers to crush the Bengals. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:40 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's Primetime football. Not just any Primetime, THE primetime: Monday night football. Plus it's against the steelers... And we're still coached by Marvin Lewis  Whatever  Historically an rationally speaking: we're f***ed.

I will be shocked if we can pull this one off. Hell, I'll be shocked if we can even keep it close.

Tomlin is 33-15 in Prime Time. 

What is Marv's record, again? 8-30?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
True Marvin fashion is a .800 losing percentage in primetime.
Reply/Quote
I'm basically writing this game off. This season is over but at least we can move on from the Marvin Lewis era. Hopefully it will be roughly like moving from John Cooper to Jim Tressel for the Buckeyes -- you get a Championship win from the next guy after the competent yet mediocre guy. Heck, I even like John Cooper as a person (better than Jim Tressel for sure) just like I like Marvin, but they both were a good step in the right direction instead of being the actual solution.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just like when we actually throw a quick hitch to a WR with a 10 yard cushion for an easy 10 yard gain....don't expect to see it again for a while.  We have to remain predictably stupid and avoid success at all costs.  

It almost seems intentional.

(11-28-2017, 10:23 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The Steelers with their Terrible Towels and win one for the ring/index finger on the other hand or whatever the eff they're up to piss me off whenever I watch one of their games. It's particularly nauseating when Cris Collinsworth is the announcer because he has a huge man-crush on Ben Roethlisberger, I swear.

They play dirty and the refs let them get away with it usually. There was one year Tomlin tried to trip a guy running by, which is an extremely low class move.

For these reasons and more I would love to see the Bengals find some kind of way to play a keep-away offense and when the Steelers do have it the defense pressures them so much that Ben throws to Dre K and he holds onto the ball all the way this time. So, 21-0 or 28-0 would really be nice and it would really make a statement.

And then there's reality of course ...

Yeah, Collinsworth is nauseating with his love for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote