Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
5 straight
(01-07-2024, 09:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Losing Burrow provides a huge asterisk, especially since we were so close to making the playoffs without Burrow.

The 5 year run with zero wins isnt awesome.  

The Bengals didn't exactly have a fantastic record before Burrow went down.
They had lost a couple games at least they were expected to win going into the season.\

Maybe after seeing Browning play now the Bengals should have played him over a hobbled Burrow after all early in the season
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The afc has a bunch of mediocrity. None of those teams can compete with the top of the NFC

I’m saying the afc north is better than it was during the 11-15 Dalton years. And that’s because the browns are better now than they were a decade ago

"None of those teams can compete with the top of the NFC"

Not sure the schedules agree...

The Cowboys lost to the Dolphins and were destroyed by the Bills.

The 49ers were 1-3 vs the AFCN.

The Seahawks were 1-3 vs the AFCN.

Lions were decimated by the Ravens

Packers were 2-3 vs the AFC.

The Eagles who have imploded to the Cardinals and Giants the last 2 weeks were good vs the AFC but they are a struggling team. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: "None of those teams can compete with the top of the NFC"

Not sure the schedules agree...

The Cowboys lost to the Dolphins and were destroyed by the Bills.

The 49ers were 1-3 vs the AFCN.

The Seahawks were 1-3 vs the AFCN.

Lions were decimated by the Ravens

Packers were 2-3 vs the AFC.

The Eagles who have imploded to the Cardinals and Giants the last 2 weeks were good vs the AFC but they are a struggling team. 

hey if u think the dolphins, texans, bills, steelers, current chiefs are actual threats to win the bowl? go right ahead

and Lamar is a known playoff choke artist. It's really either gonna be Cleveland or Buffalo in the super bowl. That is how weak the afc is in 2023. Especially with no Rodgers or Burrow playing

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Losing Burrow provides a huge asterisk, especially since we were so close to making the playoffs without Burrow.

The 5 year run with zero wins isnt awesome.  

We were shit with Burrow for multiple games.
Reply/Quote
Extra playoff team now too.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:25 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: We were shit with Burrow for multiple games.

When healthy Burrow was 4-1 and dropped TD away from 5-0 with outstanding stats. 

Like I said asterisk.   

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 12:20 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: hey if u think the dolphins, texans, bills, steelers, current chiefs are actual threats to win the bowl? go right ahead

and Lamar is a known playoff choke artist. It's really either gonna be Cleveland or Buffalo in the super bowl. That is how weak the afc is in 2023. Especially with no Rodgers or Burrow playing

I dont think I am saying anything, just that the Cowboys had 3 horrendous losses.  The Eagles have had terrible losses.  The 49ers are likely the best team and they couldnt beat the North.  The NFC has their issues as well.

I hope Lamar doesnt win a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The afc has a bunch of mediocrity. None of those teams can compete with the top of the NFC

I’m saying the afc north is better than it was during the 11-15 Dalton years. And that’s because the browns are better now than they were a decade ago

Okay gotcha
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Will we ever see the 5 straight feat again? If not, how can folks thumb their nose at the accomplishment....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'll take 5 playoffs wins, 2 AFCCG's and a SB appearance over 5 straight one and done's any day. 

EXACTLY!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: Will we ever see the 5 straight feat again? If not, how can folks thumb their nose at the accomplishment....

I highly suspect had Burrow not gotten injured at the start and end of this season, we would be sitting at 3 straight right now on our way to breaking that streak. It goes to show how tough Dalton actually was.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: You have to get there tho to even have a shot at it.

Having 5 shots at it is better than 2.

I'll take 2 shots with a bazooka to knock down the Super Bowl target over 5 shots with a rubber band gun.

The one thing I'll say about Dalton is dude was tough. He was fully healthy in every season with us except for the end of 2015 and 2018. In his 7 other seasons with us, he played in every game until we benched him for the tank commander in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 11:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The afc has a bunch of mediocrity. None of those teams can compete with the top of the NFC

The AFCN owned the 49ers.

Asked 3 weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. That said, the eagles took a huge step back down the stretch.

We will find out in a month.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I highly suspect had Burrow not gotten injured at the start and end of this season, we would be sitting at 3 straight right now on our way to breaking that streak. It goes to show how tough Dalton actually was.

Don’t forget dalton missed the 2015 playoff game too.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'll take 5 playoffs wins, 2 AFCCG's and a SB appearance over 5 straight one and done's any day. 

Agreed and ends the thread for me.
Reply/Quote
Depends on the value you put into a playoff streak I guess? It was an achievement making the playoffs in 5 straight years for sure, but it really takes something off that when you lose all 5 games. Little point being regular season warriors, even if the feat was impressive enough.

If Burrow recovers well and is able to keep himself on the field, there's absolutely every chance we beat 5 appearances in a row. Far more chance of wins when we get there too.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: Will we ever see the 5 straight feat again? If not, how can folks thumb their nose at the accomplishment....
That's kinda like being handed a loaded S&W M60 .357 and being told if you hit the target just once, you'll be the greatest of all time.  Marvin's teams missed their shot, 5 times in a row. So, no prize..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I don't think people are thumbing their noses at making the playoffs 5 straight times in a row; I think they're thumbing their nose at losing the first game of the playoffs 5 straight times in a row.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes they are definitely judging the results and not how difficult the feat was.

Should the Bills feat of 4 straight SB mean anything given the loss, yet given how hard that is to accomplish?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think people are thumbing their noses at making the playoffs 5 straight times in a row; I think they're thumbing their nose at losing the first game of the playoffs 5 straight times in a row.

[Image: 63bd86527edce.image.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote