Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 Million for Stadium Upgrades
That's the estimate on how much it would cost.

That's a lot of keesh. At this point, I'd say knock it down and just build us a Jerry World for $500 million more.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 05:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's the estimate on how much it would cost.

That's a lot of keesh. At this point, I'd say knock it down and just build us a Jerry World for $500 million more.

They also said it doesn't include the big upgrades that would enhance the fan experience. So most of these are maintenance and code stuff. Nothing you'd notice 
Reply/Quote
The Titans reportedly realized it would cost nearly as much to renovate their current stadium (that’s only 1 year older than PBS), as it would to build a brand new one. So they’re going with the latter. I would imagine Nashville has a lot more resources as a city than Cincinnati though. From the tourism money and all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The universal law of estimate inflation means that it'll end up closer to $700 million. So which is more, renovations or Burrow's next contract?
Reply/Quote
Why not toss a circus canopy tent on pbs, for like 300k max. Make that the covered practice facility.

Then just share nippert with UC. They never play football on sundays. Same field size. Seems like a waste to have 2 fields. They could even look to share with Elder
Reply/Quote
500 million doesn't get you what it used to, ammirite?
Reply/Quote
500 million is pretty cheap compared to 2 Billion which is what most stadiums cost. Its going to be done before 2026 so the City can host a World Cup game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Titans reportedly realized it would cost nearly as much to renovate their current stadium (that’s only 1 year older than PBS), as it would to build a brand new one. So they’re going with the latter. I would imagine Nashville has a lot more resources as a city than Cincinnati though. From the tourism money and all.

TN has increased sales tax to get extra money from tourists. No state income tax  Cool

Here's some more details in how the stadium could be funded.
https://www.hendersonvillestandard.com/news/state/questions-remain-with-financing-of-new-tennessee-titans-domed-stadium/article_fd86286d-8435-5a43-840e-235ff42d64c7.html

Quote:After $500 million in funding for a new Tennessee Titans stadium passed Tennessee’s Legislature last week, the next step in the public funding portion of the deal will be funding from Metro Nashville.

Metro Nashville officials will need to approve a proposed 1 percentage point increase in a Davidson County hotel tax if it is signed into law by Gov. Bill Lee. The tax bill is set to be discussed by the Tennessee House on Wednesday.

The tax proposal, brought by Nashville’s hotel owners, is estimated to raise $10 million annually that Metro Nashville could use toward a $700 million commitment to a new stadium. Cost estimates for the new facility range from $1.9 billion to $2.2 billion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 05:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's the estimate on how much it would cost.

the 500 Mil is the Min thats needed...  and the base start of negotations..

The NFL does offer interest free loans for stadiums so maybe that could apply here too.
Reply/Quote
Bengals could lock in several million a year for selling the naming rights to the stadium.
Reply/Quote
Well lumber prices are like double/triple what they were 2 years ago...so $500 million is like $250 million back then. Costs are soo high.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:37 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Bengals could lock in several million a year for selling the naming rights to the stadium.

Say what you want about Mike, but having his old man’s name on the stadium is worth more to him than snagging a few mill for the @ Proctor and Gamble Stadium
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well lumber prices are like double/triple what they were 2 years ago...so $500 million is like $250 million back then. Costs are soo high.

Building material costs in general are through the roof.  There are still tons of supply chain/raw material shortages.  
Reply/Quote
Personally, I hope they never sell naming rights to the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 03:59 PM)Earendil Wrote: Personally, I hope they never sell naming rights to the stadium.

I kind of like that too.

It's weird when stadiums change names. I really dislike sports advertising on uniforms too now.
Reply/Quote

I doubt the Bengals could build a decent stadium these days for 1 billion.  The Cowboys stadium was built in 2009 and cost 1.3 billion.  The Raiders stadium in Las Vegas cost 1.9 billion in construction costs.    So to build a new stadium it would probably cost at minimum 1.5 billion which is 3 times more than 500 million.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 12:37 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Bengals could lock in several million a year for selling the naming rights to the stadium.

Somebody can poo poo this post but it can be done without changing the name. Such And Such Field at Paul Brown Stadium like the Broncos have done in Denver.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
dont know if its been mentioned in here but the 500 million is over the next 20 years
Reply/Quote