Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 Man Roster
Who do you guys think makes the cut this year.  There will be a lot of tough cuts that's for sure.  So much depth on the defensive side of the ball.  Obviously, O-line is a big concern.  Some questions to consider.  Do we carry 3 quarterbacks again? What about 4 running backs? Can an athletic freak like Wilson push a solid vet like Peerman off the roster as a special teams ace?  At DT do guys like Sims and Thompson continue to stick around, or can guys like Glasgow and Hardison push them off?  What Linebackers make the cut with guys on the back end like Dawson, Flowers, and now Evans?  Does the versatile Gilberry even make the team?  Will there be any surprising or bold moves, such as cutting Pacman?

What does your guys' 53 roster look like?
Reply/Quote
Here's my guess for the 53 man roster

QB: Dalton, McCaron
HB: Hill, Bernard, Mixon, Wilson
FB: Hewitt
TE: Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
WR: Green, Lafell, Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone
OT: Ogbuehi, Fisher, Winston
OG: Boling, Smith, Westerman, Redmond
C: Bodine, Johnson
DE: Dunlap, Johnson, Willis, Clarke, Lawson
DT: Atkins, Billings, Hardison, Glasgow
LB: Burfict, Minter, Rey, Vigil, Dawson, Flowers
CB: Jones, Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Dennard, Shaw, Russell
S: Iloka, Williams, Smith, Fejedelem
P: Huber
K: Elliot
LS: Harris
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:24 PM)RCBengalsFan Wrote: Here's my guess for the 53 man roster

QB: Dalton, McCaron
HB: Hill, Bernard, Mixon, Wilson
FB: Hewitt
TE: Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
WR: Green, Lafell, Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone
OT: Ogbuehi, Fisher, Winston
OG: Boling, Smith, Westerman, Redmond (Dielman)
DE: Dunlap, Johnson, Willis, Clarke, Lawson
DT: Atkins, Billings, Hardison, Glasgow
LB: Burfict, Minter, Rey, Vigil, Dawson, Flowers (Lawson and Evans at LB, Gilberry at DE)
CB: Jones, Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Dennard, Shaw, Russell
S: Iloka, Williams, Smith, Fejedelem
LS: Harris

My changes in bold. I think the big one will come down to 7 WRs vs keeping Hewitt, who has had his role reduced the past couple seasons. But seeing as the TEs are often injured and I think someone else can be just about as good of a returner as Erickson, I'll stick with Hewitt over Erickson for now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My changes in bold. I think the big one will come down to 7 WRs vs keeping Hewitt, who has had his role reduced the past couple seasons. But seeing as the TEs are often injured and I think someone else can be just about as good of a returner as Erickson, I'll stick with Hewitt over Erickson for now.

They aren't going to part from Hewitt, his cap hit is basically 60% of his contract this year. They are going to keep a Fullback on the team. I think with so many return options, short of us not finding anyone to field punts (most have KR experience) then Erickson is gone. Don't forget it's one thing to make the 53, to actually return those kicks you have to make the 46 man game day and it is going to be tough to do that with Erickson when he is so low on the order at WR.
Reply/Quote
I posted this in the original thread that used this format, but I'll re-post it here as well:
[Image: fGcakSP.jpg]
Lawson gives us flex at LB, Smith and Johnson give us flex at guard, Wilson gives us flex at S, RB, ST and Returner. There are multiple flexes between DT and DE.

Wilson, Mixon and Ross are all capable return men, allowing us to cut Erickson and Wilson, Dennard, Fejedelem and Evans allow us to cut Peerman.
Reply/Quote
The team is listing Wilson as a safety and Lawson as a LB.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The team is listing Wilson as a safety and Lawson as a LB.

I like that a lot actually. I think when we talk about Lawson and where he fits, I think he gets lost in the DL Numbers but as a LB he has a shot.
Reply/Quote
Injuries will change things before the season starts, but here we go:
QB: Dalton, McCarron, Driskell
RB: Hill, Gio, Mixon, Peerman
WR: Green, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone
TE: Eifert, Uzomah, Kroft, Hewitt
OT: Fisher, Ced, Winston

DE: Dunlap, Johnson, Clarke, Willis
DT: Atkins, Billings, Hardison, Glasglow
LB: Burfict, Minter, Vigil, Rey, Lawson, Evans
CB: Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw, WJ3, Russell
S: Ilona, Williams, Fedj, Wilson

LS: Clark
Reply/Quote
[Image: final53.png]

high quality image hosting

The offensive lineman are just shoved in willy nilly but you know how the depth chart will look if someone gets hurt or replaced. Carl Lawson is listed as a RDE, but he will also be a linebacker.

I think Brandon Wilson can win a spot on the roster in place of fdafaefkanlefna but we will have to see

Lastly I think Benwikere or Russell will be cut and possible make room for Jordan Evans. Derron Smith and Josh shaw can play both Safety and Corner so they may go that route.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I posted this in the original thread that used this format, but I'll re-post it here as well:
Lawson gives us flex at LB, Smith and Johnson give us flex at guard, Wilson gives us flex at S, RB, ST and Returner. There are multiple flexes between DT and DE.

Wilson, Mixon and Ross are all capable return men, allowing us to cut Erickson and Wilson, Dennard, Fejedelem and Evans allow us to cut Peerman.

Do we want to cut peerman? He feels like an unsung hero to me. A guy that gets it done on sp but goes under the radar.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Injuries will change things before the season starts, but here we go:
QB: Dalton, McCarron, Driskell
RB: Hill, Gio, Mixon, Peerman
WR: Green, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone
TE: Eifert, Uzomah, Kroft, Hewitt
OT: Fisher, Ced, Winston

DE: Dunlap, Johnson, Clarke, Willis
DT: Atkins, Billings, Hardison, Glasglow
LB: Burfict, Minter, Vigil, Rey, Lawson, Evans
CB: Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw, Russell
S: Ilona, Williams, Fedj, Wilson

LS: Clark

One spot open probably going to a draft pick that will be inactive the whole season or Gillberry

I would use that spot on last years 1st ?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I posted this in the original thread that used this format, but I'll re-post it here as well:

Is Redmond better than Hopkins?  Last I heard, the coaches were high on Hopkins but I guess he suffered some injuries.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 04:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The team is listing Wilson as a safety and Lawson as a LB.

If this is the case, it implies Peerman stays.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 06:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: [Image: final53.png]

high quality image hosting

The offensive lineman are just shoved in willy nilly but you know how the depth chart will look if someone gets hurt or replaced.  Carl Lawson is listed as a RDE, but he will also be a linebacker.  

I think Brandon Wilson can win a spot on the roster in place of fdafaefkanlefna but we will have to see

Lastly I think Benwikere or Russell will be cut and possible make room for Jordan Evans.  Derron Smith and Josh shaw can play both Safety and Corner so they may go that route.

4 linebackers?  With the possibility Burfict will get suspended a game here and there...I think they keep Lawson as backer and maybe keep one more backer.  I liked how you spelled Fed's name LOL.  I think FEJ stays.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: 4 linebackers?  With the possibility Burfict will get suspended a game here and there...I think they keep Lawson as backer and maybe keep one more backer.  I liked how you spelled Fed's name LOL.  I think FEJ stays.  

Like I said if you read after lawson will be a swing OLB and you can cut one of the CB's and put the guy we drafted in.  that gives you 5 lbs with and 6 with lawson

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: Like I said if you read after lawson will be a swing OLB and you can cut one of the CB's and put the guy we drafted in.  that gives you 5 lbs with and 6 with lawson

I think 6 would work. Plus I think Lawson would get more play time at that position unless they plan to rotate him with MJ, Willis.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would use that spot on last years 1st ?

Good catch. Left WJ3 of the team.
Reply/Quote
I think they'll cut Jeremy Hill and keep Peerman.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 07:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is Redmond better than Hopkins?  Last I heard, the coaches were high on Hopkins but I guess he suffered some injuries.

I'm basing that off the insider information from SHRacerX that has, thus far, proven to be very true. Taking Ross, not wanting Howard or Barnett, having faith in Ogbuehi, valuing non first round RBs, liking Jordan Willis but not in the 2nd round, not wanting to trade AJM.

Their love of Redmond was, basically, the only thing on his list that hasn't come to pass yet.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Insider-information-Things-I-think-I-know-heading-in-to-the-first-day-of-the-draft

Granted, a lot of that is general, but it's still rather uncanny.
Reply/Quote
I think Dielman was drafted because we can get him to the practice squad
Reply/Quote