Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 Man Roster By Position LB's First. The
With our depth at LBer who do you keep if you can only pick 6.

SLB- Nick Vigil, Carl Lawson
MLB- Kevin Minter, Vinny Rey
WLB- Vontaze Burfict, Jordan Evans

Anyone think Lawson will be listed at DE and we keep Dawson, Flowers, Nickerson or even Bell. Not sure if we ever changed a players position just before cuts like this before.

Note- I'm not sure who is eligible for the PS which is the reason I didn't list my PS/Cut players.
Reply/Quote
And every position will be in the preseason. On who gets to stay and who gets on the PS!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
I would go with the 6 you listed, the only one in question is Evans imo. Maybe flowers or Dawson win the spot, probably Flowers has the best shot. I 100% expect Lawson to be listed as a LB. We have quite a bit of depth on the d line and Lawson being used as a LB gives more flexibility on the d line where we have more talent then at LB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't argue much with TKUHL on this, but damn is going to be hard leaving Nickerson (and maybe Bell) off of this roster.

I've always been a fan of Vinnie Rey's, and he's a boss on STs, but maybe there's a chance the rookie can take his spot.

Flowers is a good kid who's worked hard to stick around this long. Hate to see him go, too. Injuries do happen. Is Evans ready to fill in? I don't know.

Don't know much about Albright, and Dawson's just a headcase. Time to cut our losses on him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Last I read Dawson was still in a cast, hard to think he'll take up a spot anywhere besides the PUP list if he doesn't practice or play in the pre-season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I do what I can to keep Nickerson on the team

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
SLB- Nick Vigil, Carl Lawson
WLB- Vontaze Burfict, Paul Dawson

My guess
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:46 AM)Shady Wrote: Can't argue much with TKUHL on this, but damn is going to be hard leaving Nickerson (and maybe Bell) off of this roster.

I've always been a fan of Vinnie Rey's, and he's a boss on STs, but maybe there's a chance the rookie can take his spot.

Flowers is a good kid who's worked hard to stick around this long. Hate to see him go, too. Injuries do happen. Is Evans ready to fill in? I don't know.

Don't know much about Albright, and Dawson's just a headcase. Time to cut our losses on him.

I really like Nickerson and Bell too, heck even Dawson. It's going to be tough, I would like to see one of those guys beat out Vinnie. I've never been high on Vinnie, but that's just me. I didn't know Dawson was in a cast and I think Vinnie has the edge on the other guys with his experience and knowledge of the system alone.

This is going to be tough and it's not going to get any easier when we move on to the other positions. We are going to let go some pretty good players this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 08:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I would go with the 6 you listed, the only one in question is Evans imo. Maybe flowers or Dawson win the spot, probably Flowers has the best shot. I 100% expect Lawson to be listed as a LB. We have quite a bit of depth on the d line and Lawson being used as a LB gives more flexibility on the d line where we have more talent then at LB

This is my thoughts on the Linebacker situation and the D-line.

Jordan Evans should be the last guy to make it with his size and range. Should be a good ST'er.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 07:44 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: SLB- Nick Vigil, Carl Lawson
WLB- Vontaze Burfict, Paul Dawson

My guess

Why do you predict Dawson over Flowers or Evans? He's had two years to do something and hasn't. He's had terrible work ethic that resulted in him being cut last year before resigning for a lot less and being placed on the PS. He seems to be on the outside looking in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you predict Dawson over Flowers or Evans? He's had two years to do something and hasn't. He's had terrible work ethic that resulted in him being cut last year before resigning for a lot less and being placed on the PS. He seems to be on the outside looking in.

I think Evans will be the guy, over Flowers and Dawson.  As you say, Dawson has done nothing and the same applies to Flowers.  They like the speed Evans brings.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 03:46 PM)McC Wrote: I think Evans will be the guy, over Flowers and Dawson.  As you say, Dawson has done nothing and the same applies to Flowers.  They like the speed Evans brings.

Some may forget, but Marquis Flowers actually ended up with a Combine 40 time that Evans had at his pro day (4.51), so both are about equally fast.
They are very similar players. I think many people are discounting Flowers because he's not emerged on defense, and people are liking Evans because he's an unknown.
I can see Evans becoming exactly like Flowers...a fast LB that plays multiple spots as a backup and is a core STer.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you predict Dawson over Flowers or Evans? He's had two years to do something and hasn't. He's had terrible work ethic that resulted in him being cut last year before resigning for a lot less and being placed on the PS. He seems to be on the outside looking in.

I think you are right. I had high hopes for Dawson after the pre-draft hype and we ended up getting him. Just seems to be a knucklehead and doesn't get it even after we cut him lastyear.
 As for the other 2, Flowers really hasn't done anything, that I have noticed, that would make you think he can play. Evans was pretty solid at Oklahoma and can play sideline to sideline, unlike Dawson. I like Evans over Flowers.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think you are right. I had high hopes for Dawson after the pre-draft hype and we ended up getting him. Just seems to be a knucklehead and doesn't get it even after we cut him lastyear.
 As for the other 2, Flowers really hasn't done anything, that I have noticed, that would make you think he can play. Evans was pretty solid at Oklahoma and can play sideline to sideline, unlike Dawson. I like Evans over Flowers.

College stats for each player...

Player A:

6'2" 233 lb, 164 solo tackles, 117 assists, 281 total tackles, 21.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 5 INT, 16 PD, 4 FF

Player B:
6'3" 229 lb, 170 solo tackles, 103 assists, 273 solo tackles, 27.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 5 INT, 5 PD, 0 FF

Guess who is who.

Point Trying to Make: Both were extremely similar and productive in college.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Because if he can put it together somewhat and mature slightly he is the closest thing to Burfict. When Vontaze is out our defense misses his intensity.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: College stats for each player...

Player A:

6'2" 233 lb, 164 solo tackles, 117 assists, 281 total tackles, 21.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 5 INT, 16 PD, 4 FF

Player B:
6'3" 229 lb, 170 solo tackles, 103 assists, 273 solo tackles, 27.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 5 INT, 5 PD, 0 FF

Guess who is who.

Point Trying to Make: Both were extremely similar and productive in college.

Player A is Dawson i am sure.

Player B must be Flowers.

Good stuff Ocho, but i will give the rookie the edge right now. Lap was saying some good things about Evans.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 12:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Player A is Dawson i am sure.

Player B must be Flowers.

Good stuff Ocho, but i will give the rookie the edge right now. Lap was saying some good things about Evans.

Actually, no on Player A.
Player A is Evans.

Here are Dawson's stats from college:
6'2" 230 lb, 136 solo tackles, 105 assists, 241 total tackles, 31 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 5 INT, 8 PD, 3 FF

But if you notice, all three are about the same. The Bengals have a "type" when it comes to production.
The reason Dawson is lower than both Flowers and Evans is because he only had three years vs four for both Flowers and Evans.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 12:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Actually, no on Player A.
Player A is Evans.

Here are Dawson's stats from college:
6'2" 230 lb, 136 solo tackles, 105 assists, 241 total tackles, 31 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 5 INT, 8 PD, 3 FF

But if you notice, all three are about the same. The Bengals have a "type" when it comes to production.
The reason Dawson is lower than both Flowers and Evans is because he only had three years vs four for both Flowers and Evans.

Wow, surprised me. They all are astonishingly similar numbers. I always liked how Dawson was around the ball in
college but in the NFL you have to show it in practice as well. He just hasn't and if he doesn't show one hell of a
Preseason i expect him to be the first one out cause of this.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 07:25 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Because if he can put it together somewhat and mature slightly he is the closest thing to Burfict. When Vontaze is out our defense misses his intensity.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

Do we know this to be true though? That's based on 1-2 years of production from college. We haven't seen anything like that since Dawson came into the league. He has a lot to prove this TC and I think it's very telling that:
1) Flowers made the roster over him last year
2) Evans was drafted

If Lawson was that close to making the roster and having an impact, I don't see either of those happening.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:46 AM)Shady Wrote: Can't argue much with TKUHL on this, but damn is going to be hard leaving Nickerson (and maybe Bell) off of this roster.

This.....I've been hearing some good things about Nickerson....if he turns out anywhere near what his old man was, he'll be a good pick up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote