Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53rd man pick up
We have the first picks of released players who are subject to waiver claims. At what position are we most likely to sign a player to our 53 man roster.

I think most everyone will have CB as the first choice, but after that I would say O-line or TE.

Even though we just traded for Covington DT could still be an option.

Back up QB is another option, but it would probably be an older vet instead of a guy still subject to waiver claims.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have the first picks of released players who are subject to waiver claims.  At what position are we most likely to sign a player to our 53 man roster.  

I think most everyone will have CB as the first choice, but after that I would say O-line or TE.

Even though we just traded for Covington DT could still be an option.  

Back up QB is another option, but it would probably be an older vet instead of a guy still subject to waiver claims.

This... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I still think NT. Covington was just a start.

As far as CB goes, the thing is it's not like we need depth, and a depth piece is all you get on the waiver wire, especially for a premium position like CB. I mean will we get anybody better than say McTyer or Rose? Heads and tails better? That's why I think it's not the waiver wire, but a veteran like Amukamara or Jamar Taylor. And maybe after the Chargers game so his contract isn't guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:06 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I still think NT. Covington was just a start.

As far as CB goes, the thing is it's not like we need depth, and a depth piece is all you get on the waiver wire, especially for a premium position like CB. I mean will we get anybody better than say McTyer or Rose? Heads and tails better? That's why I think it's not the waiver wire, but a veteran like Amukamara or Jamar Taylor. And maybe after the Chargers game so his contract isn't guaranteed.

McTyer and Rose have both been cut

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:12 PM)pally Wrote: McTyer and Rose have both been cut

Wow, so how many Corners we got on the roster? 4?

We must be looking to bring in Corners....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, so how many Corners we got on the roster? 4?

We must be looking to bring in Corners....

Well, technically WJIII, Waynes, Alexander, Phillips, Sims and Tony Brown, so 6. 

If you put a guy on IR before cutdown day, you can't bring him back that year, so Waynes has to be on the original 53. Tomorrow we put him on IR, and I think then claim a guy or sign a veteran. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:13 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Well, technically WJIII, Waynes, Alexander, Phillips, Sims and Tony Brown, so 6. 

If you put a guy on IR before cutdown day, you can't bring him back that year, so Waynes has to be on the original 53. Tomorrow we put him on IR, and I think then claim a guy or sign a veteran. 

Sounds good. I guess they really like Brown and Sims.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds good. I guess they really like Brown and Sims.

Both are supposed to be ST mavens. Haven’t heard that about Rose or McTyer, back of the roster usually comes down to that.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Both are supposed to be ST mavens. Haven’t heard that about Rose or McTyer, back of the roster usually comes down to that.

Yeah, guess Simmons didn't like Patrick as much as Traveon on ST's either.

Really hope Traveon becomes that player I thought he could be because Gio hasn't impressed me running much lately
and I don't think Gio will be here next season.
Reply/Quote