Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
55,254 yeah right, BS
They said the attendance today was 55,254, yeah right, there was way more than 10k empty seats at its fullest point! I'd guess closer to 40-45K. Stadium capacity is 65k.

Anyone else see this?

I like it though, you want change Bengals fans? Stop going to games, and stop spending your money on this inferior product! Hit Mikey where it hurts!!!!

Good Job, let's keep it up!!! Clapping Every year they email me to purchase season tickets I email them back and tell them to call me when they are committed to winning a championship!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Club level was laughably sparse as was the uppers...at least on the east side.
Reply/Quote
Once this stadium lease is up, pro football is leaving Cincy
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:08 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Once this stadium lease is up, pro football is leaving Cincy

No one would call what happened today "pro football"

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:08 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Once this stadium lease is up, pro football is leaving Cincy

I'm afraid you might be right. How about the Des Moines Bengals?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

This is probably more likely!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:10 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm afraid you might be right. How about the Des Moines Bengals?

They seemed to like them real well in London, England!
Reply/Quote
Im cooking wings and drinkin beer. All are welcome. Except Denny G2
Reply/Quote
I wasnt there so I dont know.

But that mid-level area, Club area?, was sparse looking as it has been for years now.

Even playoff games that mid area looks sparse. Its crazy how that has gone on for all these years, yet the Bengals seem to care less in figuring out ways to get them filled with people. Heck use blowup doll fans if anything.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:06 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: They said the attendance today was 55,254, yeah right, there was way more than 10k empty seats at its fullest point! I'd guess closer to 40-45K. Stadium capacity is 65k.

Anyone else see this?

I like it though, you want change Bengals fans? Stop going to games, and stop spending your money on this inferior product! Hit Mikey where it hurts!!!!

Good Job, let's keep it up!!! Clapping  Every year they email me to purchase season tickets I email them back and tell them to call me when they are committed to winning a championship!! ThumbsUp

NFL Revenue sharing makes losing profitable. There will be no change.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:55 PM)yippierb Wrote: NFL Revenue sharing makes losing profitable. There will be no change.

Yes, and the recent evaluation doesn't help. However, the NFL will not tolerate stadiums that are half full before they start putting pressure on teams.
Reply/Quote

Once that happens I'll stop watching the NFL.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
At any given time, a pretty large bunch of club seat people are back in the club, sitting around tables with each other and watching on big screens and other tvs. Look at that mid-level in other stadiums and you see a similar situation. I'm not endorsing that, but it just happens.
Reply/Quote
Not unusual to see the club level half empty but the top sections were pretty sparse for an opening game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wasnt there so I dont know.

But that mid-level area, Club area?, was sparse looking as it has been for years now.

Even playoff games that mid area looks sparse. Its crazy how that has gone on for all these years, yet the Bengals seem to care less in figuring out ways to get them filled with people. Heck use blowup doll fans if anything.

Guys, these seats were largely full at kickoff.  Those folks go back in the lounge area for food and drink and (maybe) watch on TV.  Hardly the die hard bunch of fans, but those seats did have people in them but they choose to go to the nice lounge in the back.

One game, I sold my seats and bought lounge tickets so my dad could warm up easier when he would get cold.  He ended up watching almost the entire second half in there.  It is nice, but not my choice at all.  
Reply/Quote
I vote for the Virginia Bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Guys, these seats were largely full at kickoff.  Those folks go back in the lounge area for food and drink and (maybe) watch on TV.  Hardly the die hard bunch of fans, but those seats did have people in them but they choose to go to the nice lounge in the back.

One game, I sold my seats and bought lounge tickets so my dad could warm up easier when he would get cold.  He ended up watching almost the entire second half in there.  It is nice, but not my choice at all.  

The official attendance numbers were 55,254, which is roughly 84% full. Not terrible, but certainly not great for opening day 50th anniversary. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Well.....what fans WERE there certainly gave them the business....the boo birds were loud and proud over the tv....it was deserved.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I was there, on the sunny side. Not only was it awful to watch, it was extremely hot.... And my chicken fingers and fries were cold to boot!

Still trying to find a positive....

Oh yea I ran into my childhood best friend and was able to reconnect. So boom, there is the positive!

I'm mostly being sarcastic, I was with family and we were not under water like other parts of our country and world. In the grand scheme of things I am blessed to be able to attend the games.

But I really will need to reconsider doing this after this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:35 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The official attendance numbers were 55,254, which is roughly 84% full. Not terrible, but certainly not great for opening day 50th anniversary. 

The TV experience and the lack of recent playoff success has created a pretty large "fringe fan" base.  If the Bengals won 20-0 instead of lost, they would be full Thursday Night.  
Reply/Quote