Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently, that fortunately for the Bengals, the blackout rule was lifted over the off-season. However, I'm not sure how you can explain how a team can sell 87% of an already tiny stadium in the middle of a play-off hunt when there is a meaningful game, and the team that had one of the best records in the NFL. The Bengals have to be far the least popular of the competitive franchises in the as of right now.  The yellow Rags will probably invade and be in full force this weekend.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Link?

And, so?

The same thing happened last year. And it's the same problem — until last night nobody knew where the Bengals were going to be playing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:40 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Apparently, that fortunately for the Bengals, the blackout rule was lifted over the off-season. However, I'm not sure how you can explain how a team can sell 87% of an already tiny stadium in the middle of a play-off hunt when there is a meaningful game, and the team that had one of the best records in the NFL. The Bengals have to be far the least popular of the competitive franchises in the as of right now.  The yellow Rags will probably invade and be in full force this weekend.

What the hell are you talking about? The Ravens game? Who would want to go see a game against the Ravens?  Yawn

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
My only worry is that Eifert scores a TD and the place erupts "HEEEEEEEEATH!!!!!".
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:40 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Apparently, that fortunately for the Bengals, the blackout rule was lifted over the off-season. However, I'm not sure how you can explain how a team can sell 87% of an already tiny stadium in the middle of a play-off hunt when there is a meaningful game, and the team that had one of the best records in the NFL. The Bengals have to be far the least popular of the competitive franchises in the as of right now.  The yellow Rags will probably invade and be in full force this weekend.

Jim O. our beat writer states the only way to by tickets to this game is place a deposit (non-refundable) on season tickets for 2016. We welcome Steeler fans to contribute the economy. I had a Steeler's fan offer me $300 a ticket today for my 2. I told him to go for the season ticket package, there will be Steeler's fans no doubt but it warms my heart to realize it cost them twice as much as me to be at PBS
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jim O. our beat writer states the only way to by tickets to this game is place a deposit (non-refundable) on season tickets for 2016. We welcome Steeler fans to contribute the economy. I had a Steeler's fan offer me $300 a ticket today for my 2. I told him to go for the season ticket package, there will be Steeler's fans no doubt but it warms my heart to realize it cost them twice as much as me to be at PBS

Somebody should tell that guy that he can easily get tickets for much cheaper than that: http://www.stubhub.com/cincinnati-bengals-tickets-cincinnati-bengals-cincinnati-paul-brown-stadium-1-9-2016/event/9454370/

Upper deck for $100.  Field level for less than $250.  And end zone field level for less than $150.  Who knows, if that same guy checks out what's available online, he may yet be be in your section, or even your row, for far cheaper!  :-D
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:51 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Somebody should tell that guy that he can easily get tickets for much cheaper than that: http://www.stubhub.com/cincinnati-bengals-tickets-cincinnati-bengals-cincinnati-paul-brown-stadium-1-9-2016/event/9454370/

Upper deck for $100.  Field level for less than $250.  And end zone field level for less than $150.  Who knows, if that same guy checks out what's available online, he may yet be be in your section, or even your row, for far cheaper!  :-D
I am just relaying a message from our Enquirer writer.

I suggest you go there and complete the transaction to make sure those seats are available as every time I used to use that site, the advertised available seats were not available after all.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am just relaying a message from our Enquirer writer.

I suggest you go there and complete the transaction to make sure those seats are available as every time I used to use that site, the advertised available seats were not available after all.

You must have been using it to buy away tickets - you know, places where tickets are actually in demand.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Attendance smack. I remember being 5-11.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Attendance smack. I remember being 5-11.

That is literally a better win percentage than the Bengals' all-time playoff record.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That is literally a better win percentage than the Bengals' all-time playoff record.

I'd rep you if I could figure out your point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'd rep you if I could figure out your point.

Someone explain to this guy what the point of this whole subsection is.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What the hell are you talking about? The Ravens game? Who would want to go see a game against the Ravens?  Yawn

That's apathetic showing for a playoff team no matter who they're playing
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote

As a former season ticket holder, I can easily explain. 

NO PLAYOFF WIN IN 25 YEARS

CURRENT HEAD COACH 0-6 IN THE PLAYOFFS, 4 STRAIGHT (tied for all time worst in NFL history)

CURRENT COACH 2-12 AT HOME (IN YOUR OWN HOUSE) AGAINST THE STOOLERS

Ravens and Steelers fans have multiple championships, so I know it is hard for you to understand, but this team can't even win one single playoff game. The owner, front office, and organization does ZERO about other than keep extending this loser head coach. They have no accountability or commitment to winning an NFL Championship. I personally was done, and gave up my season tickets after the 2009 season. Those results are hard to support financially, if they don't give a shit, then as a fan neither do I.
Reply/Quote
The O's gave anyone who bought any season ticket plan early access to playoff tickets in 2014. I ended up buying someone's early access code online, but they had a huge spike in sales with people getting 13 game plans.

This could work.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Someone explain to this guy what the point of this whole subsection is.

Its a place for steeler and other franchises fans to rot.... Since they dont have their own messageboards.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:15 PM)6andcounting Wrote: My only worry is that Eifert scores a TD and the place erupts "HEEEEEEEEATH!!!!!".

Hilarious   Oh you know that's gonna  happen.  It will happen when Jesse James is making catches during pre game warm ups as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I tend to agree with Blitz on this one..Green Bay is a town of around 100k with a stadium that holds around 80k, yet they are always sold out (with Packer fans no less), with a season ticket waiting list ten miles long. We could take lessons from them, before proclaiming we are the best and most loyal fans on the planet. Sadly, the proof is in the pudding that the Steeler fans are more loyal to their team...and that's truly sad folks. The irrefutable truth is that Steeler fans produce the numbers in the seats while we have a neverending list of why we can't sell our own stadium out, from it's way more comfy at home to we were really bad in the 90's so they gotta win a playoff game before I'll go watch them; it's sad really. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:24 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I tend to agree with Blitz on this one..Green Bay is a town of around 100k with a stadium that holds around 80k, yet they are always sold out (with Packer fans no less), with a season ticket waiting list ten miles long. We could take lessons from them, before proclaiming we are the best and most loyal fans on the planet. Sadly, the proof is in the pudding that the Steeler fans are more loyal to their team...and that's truly sad folks. The irrefutable truth is that Steeler fans produce the numbers in the seats while we have a neverending list of why we can't sell our own stadium out, from it's way more comfy at home to we were really bad in the 90's so they gotta win a playoff game before I'll go watch them; it's sad really.  Sad

It is very simple so I will explain it to you, teams that have long history of winning have more fans all over the country than teams who have a history of losing. Green Bay and the Steelers are the two teams with the most championships in the NFL. Now teams like Tampa, Jags, Titans and us don't have any so we did not get the extra fan bump of those band wagon jumpers. Green Bay also draws from a larger area than you are representing as Milwaukee is close by as are other midwest northern cities that spilt between Vikes, Bears and Packers.

Reply/Quote