Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Actual Acts of Terrorism
(07-21-2015, 02:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's extremely difficult to get through the immigration process if your from russia and other former soviet states.  The numbers don't lie.  I wish it was easy to get my wife's sister here...

Shocked
(12-02-2015, 06:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Doesn't matter what I think she be done.  The argument that letting refugees in is bad because they might be dangerous is moot when compared to the amount of dangerous people here we already don't / can't do anything about.  That's the point.

You have people selling the fear that terrorists are going to sneak in through the immigration process while ignoring the fact that even if 1 or two did they would probably still do less damage than we do to ourselves.  

Putting aside the one or two part if we let in thousands, you seem to be saying it's not a legitimate discussion because we already have violence here.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2015, 06:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Putting aside the one or two part if we let in thousands, you seem to be saying it's not a legitimate discussion because we already have violence here.  

That's exactly what I am saying.

They are selling fear.  Fear of something that *might* happen because these people are foreign and brown and not of the right religious affiliation.  Meanwhile another mass shooting here and everyone shrugs and says "what can you do?".

That doesn't meant there might not be LEGITIMATE reasons to not allow 10,000 refugees into the country.  That means this fear that they might do something we already do to each other is ridiculous.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2015, 05:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That isn't his point.  You yourself have complained about how restrictive our immigration policies are, hypocrite.

Complaining yes when people can just walk across and avoid the process and still get the benefits of being a citizen. It's not right.

It shouldn't be a hassle for some and easy for others.
Again with the brown people? Do you really think that's a factor for me? They are coming frim a hot bed of some of the most extreme radicals in the world. To think that those radicals won't come in with them is nuts. And yes it's based on might. We do hundreds of preventative things in our lives based on might. I'm not sure why if you think we don't react strongly enough to domestic terrorism that it will somehow get better because we decide not to show any concern about refugees.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2015, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Again with the brown people?  Do you really think that's a factor for me?  They are coming frim a hot bed of some of the most extreme radicals in the world.  To think that those radicals won't come in with them is nuts.  And yes it's based on might.  We do hundreds of preventative things in our lives based on might.  I'm not sure why if you think we don't react strongly enough to domestic terrorism that it will somehow get better because we decide not to show any concern about refugees.

Two years to get them in here.  With vetting and all the steps we have.

And some want to simply close the doors because....*might*.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2015, 07:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Complaining yes when people can just walk across and avoid the process and still get the benefits of being a citizen.    It's not right.  

It shouldn't be a hassle for some and easy for others.

Complete bullshit. Like complaining about how illegals abuse the emergency department when it is actually US citizens who are part of the working poor.