Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 KEY DAYS COMING FOR BENGALS
1. March 1st : Combine Week
2. March 8th : Last day to designate Franchise Tag or Transition Players.
3. March 14th : Free Agency Starts
4. March 16th ; Trading Period Starts
5. April 18th : Bengals can begin Spring Workouts
6. April 28th: NFL Draft

So OK, Bengals made it to Super Bowl, so you would want to bring most of this team back. Here in lies the problem. There are some key players that can go Free Agent. I've seen this after Bengals other 2 Super Bowls. Other teams who maybe use to look down their nose at last place Bengals players will be now trying harder to sign Rams and Bengals players.

Bengals have the one Franchise Tag, and use it wisely. Reiff and Bates stand out. I hope Boyd isn't also a Free Agent. There may be players who came on big in 2022 that now are on the list of too good to lose.

Of course Burrow injured in 2020 and sacked more than any quarterback in 2021 shows Offensive Line needs addressed. Bengals went for Chase over Sewell, good choice. Can't put off getting Blocking anymore. If this team had better blocking, they could be the Dynasty Team of this Decade. With no Blocking they will get Burrow killed. PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR as they say in Longest Yard movies.

The road back to the Super Bowl starts March 1st. Good News for Bengals is that Indy Combine is so close, Bengals save a few bucks on that.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 08:38 AM)kevin Wrote: 1. March 1st :  Combine Week

So OK, Bengals made it to Super Bowl, so you would want to bring most of this team back.  Here in lies the problem. There are some key players that can go Free Agent.  I've seen this after Bengals other 2 Super Bowls.  Other teams who maybe use to look down their nose at last place Bengals players will be now trying harder to sign Rams and Bengals players.

Bengals have the one Franchise Tag, and use it wisely.  Reiff and Bates stand out.  I hope Boyd isn't also a Free Agent. There may be players who came on big in 2022 that now are on the list of too good to lose.

Of course Burrow injured in 2020 and sacked more than any quarterback in 2021 shows Offensive Line needs addressed. Bengals went for Chase over Sewell, good choice.  Can't put off getting Blocking anymore.  If this team had better blocking, they could be the Dynasty Team of this Decade.  With no Blocking they will get Burrow killed.  PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK.  PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR as they say in Longest Yard movies.

The road back to the Super Bowl starts March 1st.  Good News for Bengals is that Indy Combine is so close, Bengals save a few bucks on that.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
Boyd isn't a free agent. 

There is absolutely no way we use the franchise tag on Riley Reiff, but  we still may re-sign him.

Bates in a long term deal is possible especially if we dump the Wayne's contract. 

We have to try to either keep Larry O or BJ Hill.

?  can be fruit ninja'd. 

Uzomah is an interesting one to me. He's on the fringe of being one the better TEs but ehhhh not quite. We can not overpay him if we do keep him. 

We have to at least in my opinion have 2 to 3 new starters on the offensive line but there must be competition everywhere on the line including LT.
Our draft capital and Cap space should allow us to make such changes.  Don't be surprised if we end up getting a CB in FA as well. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:07 AM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: Boyd isn't a free agent. 

There is absolutely no way we use the franchise tag on Riley Reiff, but  we still may re-sign him.

Bates in a long term deal is possible especially if we dump the Wayne's contract. 

We have to try to either keep Larry O or BJ Hill.

?  can be fruit ninja'd. 

Uzomah is an interesting one to me. He's on the fringe of being one the better TEs but ehhhh not quite. We can not overpay him if we do keep him. 

We have to at least in my opinion have 2 to 3 new starters on the offensive line but there must be competition everywhere on the line including LT.
Our draft capital and Cap space should allow us to make such changes.  Don't be surprised if we end up getting a CB in FA as well. 
Other teams will be all over Reiff and Bates on Day One of Free Agency.  They will not be as easy to resign because of that.  Now if you are saying Uzomah is a Free Agent also, that is a problem.   The Bengals will have to use their one Franchise Tag wisely.  The Bengals do not have long to decide who they lock in for one more year with the Tag. 

I don't think the entire O Line is up for being replaced. Getting rid of all 5 starters on a Super Bowl O Line could just put Bengals back in Last Place.  Jonah Williams and others will be back.  They do need to Add some Better Blockers, but in no way would I suggest a complete elimination and rebuild after winning 3 Play-Off Games and AFC.   The First Bengal Draft Pick must be a BLOCKER, that should not even be up for debate. Burrow needs a lot more BLOCKING.  What Burrow did behind this Line, he really should have been NFL MVP. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 08:38 AM)kevin Wrote: 1. March 1st : Combine Week

So OK, Bengals made it to Super Bowl, so you would want to bring most of this team back. Here in lies the problem. There are some key players that can go Free Agent. I've seen this after Bengals other 2 Super Bowls. Other teams who maybe use to look down their nose at last place Bengals players will be now trying harder to sign Rams and Bengals players.

Bengals have the one Franchise Tag, and use it wisely. Reiff and Bates stand out. I hope Boyd isn't also a Free Agent. There may be players who came on big in 2022 that now are on the list of too good to lose.

Of course Burrow injured in 2020 and sacked more than any quarterback in 2021 shows Offensive Line needs addressed. Bengals went for Chase over Sewell, good choice. Can't put off getting Blocking anymore. If this team had better blocking, they could be the Dynasty Team of this Decade. With no Blocking they will get Burrow killed. PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR as they say in Longest Yard movies.

The road back to the Super Bowl starts March 1st. Good News for Bengals is that Indy Combine is so close, Bengals save a few bucks on that.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

Lol. Franchise Tag Reiff for 16/17 million. Who types this stuff?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:56 AM)kevin Wrote: Other teams will be all over Reiff and Bates on Day One of Free Agency.  They will not be as easy to resign because of that.  Now if you are saying Uzomah is a Free Agent also, that is a problem.   The Bengals will have to use their one Franchise Tag wisely.  The Bengals do not have long to decide who they lock in for one more year with the Tag. 

I don't think the entire O Line is up for being replaced. Getting rid of all 5 starters on a Super Bowl O Line could just put Bengals back in Last Place.  Jonah Williams and others will be back.  They do need to Add some Better Blockers, but in no way would I suggest a complete elimination and rebuild after winning 3 Play-Off Games and AFC.   The First Bengal Draft Pick must be a BLOCKER, that should not even be up for debate. Burrow needs a lot more BLOCKING.  What Burrow did behind this Line, he really should have been NFL MVP. 

They aren’t going to use the Franchise tag. How don’t you understand this?

They don’t have a player worthy of the tag this off-season.

Jesus
Reply/Quote
For starters, we should get veteran RT and RG for the line and then go from there. Everyone on offense needs to be up to speed with Burrow. You can develop players off the field, not during play.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Bengals will absolutely sign Bates to a long term contract or use the franchise tag on him.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 09:56 AM)kevin Wrote: Other teams will be all over Reiff and Bates on Day One of Free Agency.  They will not be as easy to resign because of that.  Now if you are saying Uzomah is a Free Agent also, that is a problem.   The Bengals will have to use their one Franchise Tag wisely.  The Bengals do not have long to decide who they lock in for one more year with the Tag. 

Their first pick does not have to be an OL. If there is somebody they love that falls in their lap (which won't happen) late in round 1 then okay but they can address a couple OL needs in FA.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:07 AM)Interceptor Wrote: For starters, we should get veteran RT and RG for the line and then go from there. Everyone on offense needs to be up to speed with Burrow. You can develop players off the field, not during play.

No doubt. Right side of the line is mandatory. Anything else to me is a bonus. I'm not too hype on Hopkins, but he did play better after the bye week. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:06 AM)CincyDog Wrote: They aren’t going to use the Franchise tag.  How don’t you understand this?

They don’t have a player worthy of the tag this off-season.  

Jesus

I hope they don't use it, but I would say Bates is definitely worthy of that discussion.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:32 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Their first pick does not have to be an OL. If there is somebody they love that falls in their lap (which won't happen) late in round 1 then okay but they can address a couple OL needs in FA.

You never know who may fall due to other teams drafting by their big boards. Whether its BPA or need. We've seen it every year. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:31 AM)BigRed75 Wrote: The Bengals will absolutely sign Bates to a long term contract or use the franchise tag on him.

I don’t think he’s worth 13 mill a year, so I’d hope they don’t franchise him.

A 5 year, 45 mill extension would be about tops for me, with like 20 guaranteed
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 08:38 AM)kevin Wrote: 1. March 1st :  Combine Week
This all feels so sudden, but I guess that's what it is like when your team is in the Super Bowl. When I was a kid following the '88 team I absolutely didn't pay attention to all the offseason stuff so now, as an adult, this is my first experience with it. Wow, it's already combine time!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the first time I am really into drafting and free agency. This noob would appreciate any and all help.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:39 AM)CincyDog Wrote: I don’t think he’s worth 13 mill a year, so I’d hope they don’t franchise him.

A 5 year, 45 mill extension would be about tops for me, with like 20 guaranteed

It's not all about production even though he's had very good years,an average year this past season but a tremendous post season. Leadership ability and not disrupting chemistry cannot be taken lightly and also has plenty of monetary value.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of the Combine being later and later.
It would have been really cool if the Combine started this week.
March will be a very key month for the Bengals.
We'll see who they might focus on at the Combine, if they'll tag Bates, and (most importantly) who they end up signing in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:03 AM)higgy100 Wrote: It's not all about production even though he's had very good years,an average year this past season but a tremendous post season. Leadership ability and not disrupting chemistry cannot be taken lightly and also has plenty of monetary value.

If they start making key contract offers based on fake 'Team Chemistry' they will never have the run they want to. 

That is something the old Bengals or Moron Reds would do 'Clubhouse guys' 'Crafty Vets' 'Team Familiarity' etc.  

Hopefully, we do not overpay for 3 games of playoff production 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:22 AM)CincyDog Wrote: If they start making key contract offers based on fake 'Team Chemistry' they will never have the run they want to. 

That is something the old Bengals or Moron Reds would do 'Clubhouse guys' 'Crafty Vets'  'Team Familiarity' etc.  

Hopefully, we do not overpay for 3 games of playoff production 

LOL. How the hell do you think a team that was suppose to come in last place THIS season after winning 6 games the previous 2 years got to the SB? Every player and coach on this team spoke of the veteran leaders that also were pretty damn good players that kept team chemistry, belief and the locker room intact.

Your line of thinking is EXACTLY what happens to teams like the S__t stains up north and all these manufactured teams over the years that bring in shit morale and me me me players.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:31 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL. How the hell do you think a team that was suppose to come in last place THIS season after winning 6 games the previous 2 years got to the SB? Every player and coach on this team spoke of the veteran leaders that also were pretty damn good players that kept team chemistry, belief and the locker room intact.

Your line of thinking is EXACTLY what happens to teams like the S__t stains up north and all these manufactured teams over the years that bring in shit morale and me me me players.

Yes, the reason the Bengals made the run they did was cause of 'Team Chemistry'.   They overcame massive talent gaps and galvanized their play to exceed production magically. 

Or, they have a top 5 QB, had a weaker schedule, got ungodly production from their Special Teams, and had a top 3 WR core in the NFL and solid Dline play. 

And sure, they liked playing with each other (Great QBs will do that to a young team) -  But Bates was awful in the majority of the regular season, so if the team chemistry was so integral, why was he so awful for so many reg season games?  I thought the fake team camaraderie would make him magically better? 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be shocked if this team burned a bit of draft capital to move up a bit in the draft to get players they want, especially for Oline guys, but there will be other positions that need to be filled as we know not everyone will be back. I don't see them mortgaging their future ala Rams, but sacrificing a year of #1 pick? I dunno.. It won't be deferred till sometime in the distant future like some teams tend to do..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote