Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#6 Spot- Where Should I Go In First Two Rounds?
I doubt Zeke or David Johnson fall to here, but it's a no-brainer to take one of them if they fall.

Do I take Antonio Brown if he falls? Most drafts have him going fifth (five team league), but is it a no-brainer if he drops?

Most likely, I'm looking at Barkley or Kamara in the first. I'm thinking that I should go Kamara because he barely touched the ball the first three weeks of the season and still finished 3rd among running backs! His production should only increase with Ingram being suspended for four games!

Kamara in the first?

ThumbsUp

Second round, if Dalvin Cook falls, do I take him? I'm worried because the Vikings have a new line coach.

Do I take Gronk if he's there? With Edelman suspended and Lewis and Cooks gone, it should mean just more work for Gronk, but is that too early to take him?

I would take a gamble on Mixon (because he won't make it to the third in a draft here in Cinci) , but our line scares me.

If I go receiver, do I take Davante Adams? As Green Bay's #1 receiver now and with Rodgers throwing him the ball, he's going to have a HUGE year. Keenan Allen had a big year starting at around week 10 or 11, but do I count on that again? Michael Thomas has apparently looked unstoppable in the offseason, but Brees is getting older, so do I risk that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I doubt Zeke or David Johnson fall to here, but it's a no-brainer to take one of them if they fall.

Do I take Antonio Brown if he falls?  Most drafts have him going fifth (five team league), but is it a no-brainer if he drops?

Most likely, I'm looking at Barkley or Kamara in the first.  I'm thinking that I should go Kamara because he barely touched the ball the first three weeks of the season and still finished 3rd among running backs!  His production should only increase with Ingram being suspended for four games!

Kamara in the first?  

ThumbsUp

Second round, if Dalvin Cook falls, do I take him?  I'm worried because the Vikings have a new line coach.

Do I take Gronk if he's there?  With Edelman suspended and Lewis and Cooks gone, it should mean just more work for Gronk, but is that too early to take him?  

I would take a gamble on Mixon (because he won't make it to the third in a draft here in Cinci) , but our line scares me.  

If I go receiver, do I take Davante Adams?  As Green Bay's #1 receiver now and with Rodgers throwing him the ball, he's going to have a HUGE year.  Keenan Allen had a big year starting at around week 10 or 11, but do I count on that again?  Michael Thomas has apparently looked unstoppable in the offseason, but Brees is getting older, so do I risk that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I'd go Kamara, or Hunt in the 1st.  And I took Tyreek Hill in the 2nd.  But if Rodgers is there, you might pull the trigger on him.  Just my two cents.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:13 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'd go Kamara, or Hunt in the 1st.  And I took Tyreek Hill in the 2nd.  But if Rodgers is there, you might pull the trigger on him.  Just my two cents.   ThumbsUp

Hunt is a possibility in the second and one that I actually like (doubt he falls), especially since they'll try to run the ball to protect Mahomes, but here's what a site said about Hill (had him on their overvalued list):

Quote:With Olympic-like speed and 2 years of strong production behind him, Hill’s a legit NFL playmaker. No question there.

But based on ADP, fantasy drafters are expecting a bit too much in year 3.
We expect Hill’s 11.27 yards per target mark from 2017 to regress, as it led all WRs with 80+ targets over the last 5 seasons. He tallied 7.4 as a rookie.
It’s tough to see a big jump in targets, too. Hill posted 7 per game last year, while the Chiefs added Sammy Watkins in free agency. Per Over the Cap, Watkins’ free agent deals pays him the 6th most guaranteed money of any WR league-wide.
The loss of hyper-accurate Alex Smith should also force a dip in Hill’s 72.3% catch rate. We haven’t hid our excitement for Patrick Mahomes. But his gun-slinger skill set runs counter to Smith’s reliable game.
That should produce more explosive plays — Hill just tallied 9 grabs of 40+ yards — but high-end weekly production is a tough ask.

Makes me have my doubts.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hunt is a possibility in the second and one that I actually like (doubt he falls), especially since they'll try to run the ball to protect Mahomes, but here's what a site said about Hill (had him on their overvalued list):

Makes me have my doubts.

I love Hill this year, look what he did with Alex Smith. Now he has a young QB with a rocket arm to hit Hill deep as you know he is gonna be getting behind defenders all season. 

Also watching Preseason Mahomes seems to love him.

All that said you might actually be able to get him with your 3rd where you'll be picking depending on how the draft falls.

As for #6 if Brown falls I wouldn't hesitate unless Zeke, Bell, DJ, or Gurley somehow fall.

RB Value is too good in round 2 to pass on the top WR in round 1 if its BPA. You got guys like McCaffrey, Fournette, Gordon, J. Howard, D. Freeman all going in the 2nd/3rd. Then another couple good RBs like McCoy, Drake, and Ingram that are all going later.

Getting A. Brown / McCaffrey / J. Howard would be a killer start to the draft.

Also be careful with the Kamara hype just because Ingram is out, Sean Payton has already stated they wont increase his touches with Ingram out. Add on top of that his efficiency was record breaking last year so can he really sustain that level of efficiency? I actually think there is a chance he plays better with Ingram back to wear down the defenses anyway but thats just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Kamara in the 1st... Keenan Allen in the second.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
depends on the details of the league. how many players? PPR?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 10:49 AM)yang Wrote: depends on the details of the league.  how many players?  PPR?

10-team league and of course it's PPR............  only communists play in non-ppr.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 02:41 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I love Hill this year, look what he did with Alex Smith. Now he has a young QB with a rocket arm to hit Hill deep as you know he is gonna be getting behind defenders all season. 

Also watching Preseason Mahomes seems to love him.

All that said you might actually be able to get him with your 3rd where you'll be picking depending on how the draft falls.

As for #6 if Brown falls I wouldn't hesitate unless Zeke, Bell, DJ, or Gurley somehow fall.

RB Value is too good in round 2 to pass on the top WR in round 1 if its BPA. You got guys like McCaffrey, Fournette, Gordon, J. Howard, D. Freeman all going in the 2nd/3rd. Then another couple good RBs like McCoy, Drake, and Ingram that are all going later.

Getting A. Brown / McCaffrey / J. Howard would be a killer start to the draft.

Also be careful with the Kamara hype just because Ingram is out, Sean Payton has already stated they wont increase his touches with Ingram out. Add on top of that his efficiency was record breaking last year so can he really sustain that level of efficiency? I actually think there is a chance he plays better with Ingram back to wear down the defenses anyway but thats just my opinion.
He won't get all the goal line work when Ingram gets back, and Peyton has said that he doesn't want to wear him down, but he'd be the #1 back in fantasy if he got goal line work.  He's a great back and receiver and I just think that his upside is too much to pass up, especially since it's PPR.

I'm hoping Hunt is there when it comes back around because he led the league in rushing yards as a rookie and was 8th in receiving yards.

If he's there, it's a gift from God.

A back and receiver from the same team usually is a bad idea, but I think that these two could be ok on my team.
(08-28-2018, 10:47 AM)jason Wrote: Kamara in the 1st... Keenan Allen in the second.

Allen had a solid final five games last season, but only found the endzone once over that stretch, and it was in week 17, so do you really trust him?  

Plus, Rivers is 36, so same problem that Brees has getting older.

I think I'd rather have Michael Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 10:47 AM)jason Wrote: Kamara in the 1st... Keenan Allen in the second.

I’ve done 4 drafts so far from 4 different positions and have had the chance to get Allen in every one of them. People seem to be letting him fall. I got him in 3/4 and didn’t take him in one of them just to diversify.

If one of the big 5 (Elliott, Bell, Johnson, Gurley, Kamara) fall to you you have to take them.

If Fournette is somehow there in the 2nd, get him.

Unless you get 6 points for td passes there’s no need to get a qb early (rounds 1-6).

Gronkowski will get hurt, he always does. You can get a top 12 TE a little later.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He won't get all the goal line work when Ingram gets back, and Peyton has said that he doesn't want to wear him down, but he'd be the #1 back in fantasy if he got goal line work.  He's a great back and receiver and I just think that his upside is too much to pass up, especially since it's PPR.

I'm hoping Hunt is there when it comes back around because he led the league in rushing yards as a rookie and was 8th in receiving yards.

A back and receiver from the same team usually is a bad idea, but I think that these two could be ok on my team.

Allen had a solid final five games last season, but only found the endzone once over that stretch, and it was in week 17, so do you really trust him?  

I’d go Thomas over Allen as well.

Kamara will have it all to himself for the first 4 weeks. I have him in a couple leagues. If he goes absolutely bananas in one of those 1-4 weeks I’m gonna try to flip him at a premium.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He won't get all the goal line work when Ingram gets back, and Peyton has said that he doesn't want to wear him down, but he'd be the #1 back in fantasy if he got goal line work.  He's a great back and receiver and I just think that his upside is too much to pass up, especially since it's PPR.

I had both Thomas and Keenan Allen last year. Thomas is steady. Allen is explosive... He can get 8-10 catches some games. I drafted Keenan in the 5-6 round last year. That's how good of a year he had.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Take the Kicker from Minnesota in the first.  Then follow it up with taking Oakland's 2nd WR.  After that, it gets tricky.....shoot for someone like an older Dan Marino or if Peyton Manning is still there.......it'd be hard to pass him up in the 3rd. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 02:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Take the Kicker from Minnesota in the first.  Then follow it up with taking Oakland's 2nd WR.  After that, it gets tricky.....shoot for someone like an older Dan Marino or if Peyton Manning is still there.......it'd be hard to pass him up in the 3rd. 

You ought to have your own TV show.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: I had both Thomas and Keenan Allen last year. Thomas is steady. Allen is explosive... He can get 8-10 catches some games. I drafted Keenan in the 5-6 round last year. That's how good of a year he had.

So which one would you take?!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 03:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So which one would you take?!

I'd lean toward Keenan Allen... Again, Thomas is steady. He seemed to get me right around 15 pts a game last year. Keenan had some down games but exploded down the stretch. He gets a lot of targets man.

I got Julio in the second last night. I drafted 9th. I got Hopkins in the first. Kamara went 5th in my draft. I sorta had to scramble for RBs after that, but got some good PPR guys... Rex, Dion, Lewis, Freeman.

I drafted Tyler Eifert with my last pick... If he and Josh Gordon hit... I'm in really good shape.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The fact you considered a Steeler on your team is cause for alarm. Go Kamara.

Reply/Quote