Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Straight Including Dodgers Sweep
The Reds are on a roll. Who would have thought the Reds could do it? I wonder if the Reds win 10 in a row if Marty will shave his head again. We are no longer the worst team in baseball. Still a long ways to go.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Exactly. Lets hope the winning streak continues. Let's at least get to 500.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 08:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly. Lets hope the winning streak continues. Let's at least get to 500.

I'd settle for 75 wins and just being somewhat competitive and improving the team. Bring up that hot shot from AAA
Reply/Quote
On paper, the Reds are a decent team. However, they have not been playing to their potential until now. Matt Harvey could get hot and we could win more games. Trading Mez was a good idea as Mez was overpaid.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:18 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: On paper, the Reds are a decent team. However, they have not been playing to their potential until now. Matt Harvey could get hot and we could win more games. Trading Mez was a good idea as Mez was overpaid.

Well, trading Mes didn't relieve the Reds of any costs, because we agreed to pay his full salary and NYM agreed to pay Harvey's full salary.

It was purely "junk back up looking for a fresh start for a junk back up look for a fresh start" kind of trade.

It'll have very little impact on either team outside of maybe seeing if either of these players have any potential left. 

They definitely were not going to do anything on their original teams though, and the owners knew that, so this was a good deal for both sides.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 10:02 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, trading Mes didn't relieve the Reds of any costs, because we agreed to pay his full salary and NYM agreed to pay Harvey's full salary.

It was purely "junk back up looking for a fresh start for a junk back up look for a fresh start" kind of trade.

It'll have very little impact on either team outside of maybe seeing if either of these players have any potential left. 

They definitely were not going to do anything on their original teams though, and the owners knew that, so this was a good deal for both sides.

I agree. Both players were in need of a fresh start. I didn't realize the financials. The question is which player will produce more wins for their new team. Harvey looked good in his first Reds start. Mez seems to be better than Cruz for the moment so we lost a little there. But, Mez is injury prone. (Harvey is too though)
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 11:01 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I agree. Both players were in need of a fresh start. I didn't realize the financials. The question is which player will produce more wins for their new team. Harvey looked good in his first Reds start. Mez seems to be better than Cruz for the moment so we lost a little there. But, Mez is injury prone. (Harvey is too though)
They should have given them Bailey and invested in lottery tickets to pay off his contract..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well, we are 500 for the month of may so far. That’s a plus.

Reply/Quote
Cubbies beat us 3 out of 4. Back to the drawing board.
Reply/Quote