Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
(01-16-2022, 01:39 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Live in Indy and have been a Bengals fan since the mid 70’s when I was a kid.  Went with my wife and 3 kids ages 24,24 and 18.  We were hugging and just soaking it all in.  As we were leaving 10 minutes after the game, there was an older gentleman likely late 60s just standing in the exit staring at the field and eyes were welling up.  I just stopped, we bumped fists and said I know man, I know man. 

My kids have finally seen a Bengals playoff win.  So happy we were there to share it together!

Wish I could have stayed longer but my daughter was freezing. My adult daughter. Shoulda told her to suck it up. She just went to the banks anyway so I don’t know why I felt obligated to leave with her.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw this online…

What a great crowd last night.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Big difference in the chiefs game the chiefs knew for how long that they were coming to Cincinnati the raiders didn't know they were gonna play us till Monday night and I would say 97% of tickets were already bought by Bengal fans

Fair enough.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Zac said at his press conference that the crowd helped a lot. Not only in the obvious false starts but in how many times they ran the clock down to zero and a half (his words). He said he saw a lot of communication problems on their side and a lot of confusion. There was one time in te 4th he was going to call a timeout but then noticed how confused the Raiders were on offense so chose not to use it and give them more time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:31 PM)pally Wrote: Bodes well for next season's attendence.  Maybe they will be off the NFL's ticket sales naughty list.  Winning cures a lot of ills

Very true statement... People prefer to pay for a quality product.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:26 AM)Takedown Wrote: What a night.... I have no voice left as planned going in before the game. After the game was pure magical. Everyone hugging, tears of joy, it was surreal.

Yeah... The mood was incredible!!! Entire sections were bouncing, strangers grabbing each other and hugging, high fives and fist bumps. I remember going to games at Riverfront as a kid, and the place would literally shake at times, but I've never heard PBS erupt like it did when Pratt sealed the game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:33 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm sure loud Bengals crowds have made it hard on the opposition many times, but tonight felt next level.

I think it was the opening game with Minnesota where the crowd made them false start like 4 time in the opening drive. It was pretty impressive 
Reply/Quote
thank you crowd noise. Zac talked about seeing confusion over on the Raiders side because of the noise issues

Reply/Quote
There were a bunch of non-crippled people in the crippled section in the playoff game, so I'm hoping that they're a little more strict next year or that we can get ahold of our person before the tickets for everyone go on sale so we can get decent seats.

If we can't get ahold of him/her, I hope that the people that went to the playoff game and sat in those seats don't see it as an open invitation to just buy them for all the regular season games, too, and we can get them and get decent seats.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure the nayayers (not here) will claim the SRO crowd in Cincinnati was because of Raiders fans

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just saw this online…

That's chainsaw loud.  Definitely going to cause issues to anyone trying to play through that.  I've always disliked the way PBS was designed that it's hard to make it that loud.  I can only imagine with a different design how outrageously disruptive it would have been to the Raiders.  Mad props to the fans for keeping that energy up all evening! 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just saw this online…

Wish I could have been there, what an awesome time that would have been.

Whenever loud crowds are brought up, I always think back to this game - Penn State White Out. This is the loudest crowd I have ever heard in any sport, anywhere. Being on that field had to be absolutely deafening. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VypxiD8GOxY
Reply/Quote
So this is almost 1000 over capacity. Anyone know how that happens? Am I looking into it wrong?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So this is almost 1000 over capacity. Anyone know how that happens? Am I looking into it wrong?

standing room tickets were sold

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Hopefully ticket and merchandise sells will encourage Mike Brown to continue the trend of spending money on the team to continue to improve.

I'm curious how this playoff attendance impacts the Bengals bottom line. We know the Browns run this franchise as a business. They are not some owners who became independently wealthy and then brought a franchise, and thus the bottom line has always been key to the Browns running the team.

Does the high attendance translate to substantially more money to the Browns, so that they want to invest in free agents to get back to the playoffs year after year? Does the lower draft pick mean less money to be spend on draft picks and more money on free agents?  (Long-time fans remember the rumor that Mike Brown wanted to win games, to keep a full attendance, but not win so much that it ended up costing the franchise money, as if going to the SuperBowl would hurt the bottom line.)
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:26 AM)Nepa Wrote: I'm curious how this playoff attendance impacts the Bengals bottom line. We know the Browns run this franchise as a business. They are not some owners who became independently wealthy and then brought a franchise, and thus the bottom line has always been key to the Browns running the team.

Does the high attendance translate to substantially more money to the Browns, so that they want to invest in free agents to get back to the playoffs year after year? Does the lower draft pick mean less money to be spend on draft picks and more money on free agents?  (Long-time fans remember the rumor that Mike Brown wanted to win games, to keep a full attendance, but not win so much that it ended up costing the franchise money, as if going to the SuperBowl would hurt the bottom line.)

I'm not sure if this is the way it works any longer, but it used to be that teams shared all revenue from game day outside of concessions and merchandise sales. However, in the playoffs, the home team gets a disproportionately large cut. I'm sorry I can't remember more details. It's been several years since I read the article. I'm sure Saturday night was quite profitable for the Brain family. Good for them. 
Reply/Quote