Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
666 fifth avenue
So Qatar finally bought that particular, obviously unsuccessful Kushner property.

There's a whole grim story behind that, there's a link putting it in the easiest to understand terms. In short, Trump overruling Tillerson on Qatar with a sudden shift towards hostility, completely unexpected, that in the meantime got reversed - while Qatar reevaluated their benefit in buying 666 fifth avenue. 666.

- Say what you want, take issue with the media all you want, call it unfair all you want, but to me this still suspiciously looks like extortion by US foreign policy means for Kushner's benefit. That's so great!

Serious question, is this really the country you want to be. Starting with being the country where admin members make huge real estate deals with foreign entities while in office to begin with. You can't do that Nervous !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-18-2018, 06:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: So Qatar finally bought that particular, obviously unsuccessful Kushner property.

There's a whole grim story behind that, there's a link putting it in the easiest to understand terms. In short, Trump overruling Tillerson on Qatar with a sudden shift towards hostility, completely unexpected, that in the meantime got reversed - while Qatar reevaluated their benefit in buying 666 fifth avenue. 666.

- Say what you want, take issue with the media all you want, call it unfair all you want, but to me this still suspiciously looks like extortion by US foreign policy means for Kushner's benefit. That's so great!

Serious question, is this really the country you want to be. Starting with being the country where admin members make huge real estate deals with foreign entities while in office to begin with. You can't do that  Nervous !

If you were smart it would just make you want to get into politics. I mean, I see it as the opportunity of a lifetime. I have always dreamed of getting rich by leveraging my position in the government for personal profit. Whether you decide to cash in or not I'll PM you the petition I just drafted to get me on the ballot. USA! USA!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-18-2018, 09:45 AM)xxlt Wrote: If you were smart it would just make you want to get into politics. I mean, I see it as the opportunity of a lifetime. I have always dreamed of getting rich by leveraging my position in the government for personal profit. Whether you decide to cash in or not I'll PM you the petition I just drafted to get me on the ballot. USA! USA!

Ooooh.  You're NOT rich now?  Sorry.  You can't get elected to the GOOD positions to really make yourself money.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The Kushner guy may be the biggest worm in the whole family. And it doesn't even see like he's good at anything.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-18-2018, 11:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The Kushner guy may be the biggest worm in the whole family.  And it doesn't even see like he's good at anything.

But he spoke at the Embassy in Jerusalem!

He's working on bringing peace to the Middle East!

Mellow Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-18-2018, 06:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: So Qatar finally bought that particular, obviously unsuccessful Kushner property.

Serious question, is this really the country you want to be. Starting with being the country where admin members make huge real estate deals with foreign entities while in office to begin with. You can't do that  Nervous !

Apparently we can.  United States of Uzbekistan.

I have mentioned this Qatar issue before in this forum, but for its foreign policy consequences.  Qatar, though small, was the US most trustworthy and progressive ally of all the Gulf States. And in heartbeat they were embargoed by SA and the UAE with Trump sanction. That was sort of what happens when the US creates a power vacuum in conflict areas, but in this case the most important US Airbase in the region was compromised. Just before Trump broke the Iran deal. 

I suppose if you know nothing of US foreign policy this is a shoulder shrug, though. "People said the Middle East would explode when Trump was elected but it hasn't."  Facepalm

I am trying to think of a current, first-world country in which such consequential foreign policy could be driven by the financial needs of a state leader's in-law.
(05-18-2018, 11:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The Kushner guy may be the biggest worm in the whole family.  And it doesn't even see like he's good at anything.

Well, according to commonly brought up logic he has to be quite smart and capable or else he would have never been able to make it to the position he currently holds. That he is where he is inherently proves his extraordinary abilities. 
Or something like that.

(05-18-2018, 11:35 PM)Dill Wrote: I am trying to think of a current, first-world country in which such consequential foreign policy could be driven by the financial needs of a state leader's in-law.

I want to say Italy under Berlusconi, but the bill doesn't really fit. Domestically, maybe. But in the overall picture, I'd have to say the Trump admin is even shadier than this corrupt clown was.
(05-21-2018, 07:24 AM)hollodero Wrote: I want to say Italy under Berlusconi, but the bill doesn't really fit. Domestically, maybe. But in the overall picture, I'd have to say the Trump admin is even shadier than this corrupt clown was.

Yow. It may turn out that way. The sex scandals and contempt for rule of law and free press match up. Trump needs a little more time to catch up to Berlusconi's years of self dealing in office.

Italy does not have the foreign policy power that the US does. So the consequences of B's. actions are largely internal to Italy.

One great exception maybe is the role Berlusconi played in insuring the Niger yellow cake forgeries made it to Dick Cheney in 2002, after Italian intel pronounced them fake. That had consequences.