Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
68.3 and 13
(01-17-2021, 05:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "I assumed when you said RB, you would include another different position, that's why I made an ass of myself by not reading and trying to make fun of you adding another different position."

Yep, perfect logic there Pat.

[Image: Baltimore-Illiterate.png]

Just because you're a Lamar Jackson fanboy doesn't mean you need to emulate his playoff performances by being so embarrassing when taking your Ls.

A fullback is a type of running back, but I see that by ignoring my responses and stats and resorting to personal attacks, you’re essentially acknowledging that your argument was too feeble to defend.

Have a great Sunday.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 06:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Look at Jackson versus QBs like Deshaun Watson, Russel Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. A big difference here is that while Jackson has a cannon for an arm the three I listed all have excellent touch passing ability; which is a BIG key to being an effective QB. Jackson does not - he can put a lot of mustard on the throw but lacks that special accuracy. In fact, touch is more important than a cannon for being a big time QB - ask Tom Brady.

Jackson gets a lot of what passing success he has on broken plays by the defense where his receivers are quite open and there is no need for touch. As a result he fattens up big time on bad defenses. But defenses that are sound and play a sound scheme can handle him. In some ways he is like early career Randall Cunningham before the Vikings got him and forced him to learn pocket passing and worked with him on touch.

Certainly one of the reasons why I’d like to see a big change in the offensive coaching. They’re at a critical period where they need to develop him to be even more successful.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 05:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From what i've seen, and admittedly it's not a lot, a lot of his passing stats come when the play breaks down. The longer a play lasts, the greater the chance of a big play. Especially for a guy as elusive as he is.

I don't know if or how much timing passes are incorporated into the Ravens offense. I also don't know his capacity for reading a defense for that type of system. 

He's going to need to adapt in that aspect or he's going to have a short career, whether it be from injury eventually or just not producing as a pocket passer.

With the running game what it is, he should be able to produce consistently from the pocket. It could very well be that he is a good pocket passer, just hasn't shown it a lot yet or it could be that he's just not as good when the lights are turned up, like Dalton.

I know which one it looks like to me.

Warner picks out some of those designed passes where the scheme makes no sense (three receivers bunch up in a zone rather than spreading out) or the route running was poorly executed, causing a lack of separation.

I think there’s one play where the receiver who he’s targeting on the play Boykin is running a corner route but isn’t able to get separation. Instead of running an out to create separation or cutting around the db to get over top of him, Boykin keeps at that awkward angle, making it too tight of a hole (and we know that deep accuracy isn’t Lamar’s strong suit).

There’s another where whoever was the second option on the play could run a slant and pull the safety off the primary receiver, but instead I think he runs parallel to that receiver and allows the safety to stay on Lamar’s target while also defending the second option.

And to Lamars blame, on the Boykin play, he forced it and it was picked off. I think these are things that could easily be addressed, but it’s clearly a failing of the system that impacts the entire passing game, rather than just limitations of the QB

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 06:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A fullback is a type of running back, but I see that by ignoring my responses and stats and resorting to personal attacks, you’re essentially acknowledging that your argument was too feeble to defend.

Have a great Sunday.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-reveals-rosters-for-2020-pro-bowl-in-orlando-0ap3000001089218
Quote:Running back: Nick Chubb*, Cleveland Browns; Derrick Henry, Tennessee Titans; Mark Ingram, Baltimore Ravens

Fullback: Patrick Ricard*, Baltimore Raven

Oh weird, why isn't Ricard listed as a RB? Oh that's right, because they're different positions. As a guy who boasts about seeing every Ravens game, I would think you would try to "at least know who plays what positions".

Pat, talk about personal attacks... your very first post after I made this thread was talking about how he gets scrutinized more because he is a black QB. You couldn't even wait 2 full sentences before trying to make this thread about race.... because no, I couldn't make this thread because he sucks in the postseason. Of course not. I must be scrutinizing him more because he is black. 

But sure man, enjoy putting yourself up on that cross because you were so wrongly personally attacked.

You came in hot, you came in wrong, you embarrassed yourself.

- - - - - - -

By the way, for your stats, JK Dobbins had 120 yards receiving this year. He also had 129 yards after the catch this year. So who should get more credit? Lamar Jackson for throwing -9 yards to JK Dobbins this year, or JK Dobbins for taking that -9 yards and running for 129 yards? 

Have a great Sunday.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 07:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-reveals-rosters-for-2020-pro-bowl-in-orlando-0ap3000001089218

Oh weird, why isn't Ricard listed as a RB? Oh that's right, because they're different positions. As a guy who boasts about seeing every Ravens game, I would think you would try to "at least know who plays what positions".

Pat, talk about personal attacks... your very first post after I made this thread was talking about how he gets scrutinized more because he is a black QB. You couldn't even wait 2 full sentences before trying to make this thread about race.... because no, I couldn't make this thread because he sucks in the postseason. Of course not. I must be scrutinizing him more because he is black. 

But sure man, enjoy putting yourself up on that cross because you were so wrongly personally attacked.

You came in hot, you came in wrong, you embarrassed yourself.

- - - - - - -

By the way, for your stats, JK Dobbins had 120 yards receiving this year. He also had 129 yards after the catch this year. So who should get more credit? Lamar Jackson for throwing -9 yards to JK Dobbins this year, or JK Dobbins for taking that -9 yards and running for 129 yards? 

Have a great Sunday.

Running backs include halfbacks, tailbacks, and fullbacks. Halfbacks and tailbacks are colloquially referred to just as running backs, which may be why you didn't know that fullbacks are indeed running backs. 

Your insistence on dodging the topic by not addressing the flaws exposed in your arguments and instead engaging in attacks is noted. 

As for your off topic question, the back should absolutely should get the credit on positive yardage off of a check down caught behind the line of scrimmage. Lamar's passes to Dobbins last night were all beyond the line of scrimmage, though, so I am not sure why you asked this question.

Reply/Quote