Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th O-lineman
Almost a quarter of our offensive snaps (14 of 58) Thursday featured a 6th offensive lineman (Isiah Prince) and most of those also had a second TE (Uzo, Sample, and Wilcox played a combined 78 snaps in just 58 plays). I wonder of this was just a special, specific scheme for the Jags or if we will see this all year.
Reply/Quote
I think it was due at least in part to being down a starting WR.
Reply/Quote
Whatever the reason, it seemed to work. If the oline struggles going forward, it is something to go to.
Reply/Quote
Always liked the jumbo package. especially if it works. limits the play calls but if they cant stop it...
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost a quarter of our offensive snaps (14 of 58) Thursday featured a 6th offensive lineman (Isiah Prince) and most of those also had a second TE (Uzo, Sample, and Wilcox played a combined 78 snaps in just 58 plays).  I wonder of this was just a special, specific scheme for the Jags or if we will see this all year.

TY for the research. I am not sure of the answer, but whether we use it 5 plays or when needed or more, I love the idea adding the OL and the two TE's. It is one more thing the defense needs to prepare for in their scheme.

Prince also seems to be very strong getting push, he seems like a very good run blocker, but that is only this old eye test.

This is a definite formation I could see us use also with a Tate (huge) or Chase (fast and quick) as the lone WR on the outside.

I hope the offense continues to improve. The defense gets some rest and don't have to be on the field for 60+ plays every game.

I like how this young teams seems to be finding it's way with no Tee Higgins for 2 games also. 

I like our ability to have success by using multiple formations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I love the six O-linemen scheme.It works.Why not keep implementing it when needed? Yes,I think they’ll continue with it.I would even be willing to line Prince up as the sixth O-lineman and then throw him a little dump off pass in the end zone on third and goal,or something like that.Bring on the Jumbo package.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost a quarter of our offensive snaps (14 of 58) Thursday featured a 6th offensive lineman (Isiah Prince) and most of those also had a second TE (Uzo, Sample, and Wilcox played a combined 78 snaps in just 58 plays).  I wonder of this was just a special, specific scheme for the Jags or if we will see this all year.

Ask Kevin Stefanski now that 2 TE set works.
Cleveland has the best run game in the league.
The Browns lead the NFL in 4th q. ToP.

I think it's a very viable formation going foward.
Sometimes imposing your will running the ball on a defense Can mentally check out a defense
Reply/Quote

They incorporated the heavy set some against the Steelers, so I think it will be something we see going forward, though probably not to that extent.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think the jumbo package was Jaguars-specific, because we saw it in Pittsburgh too. It likely became more regular because it was effective.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost a quarter of our offensive snaps (14 of 58) Thursday featured a 6th offensive lineman (Isiah Prince) and most of those also had a second TE (Uzo, Sample, and Wilcox played a combined 78 snaps in just 58 plays). I wonder of this was just a special, specific scheme for the Jags or if we will see this all year.

https://twitter.com/bigduke50/status/1445067153384906763?s=21

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:30 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I think it was due at least in part to being down a starting WR.

Agreed. People rave a bit too much about iur receiver depth. I mean, I love the top 3. And nothing against Tate, Thomas, Irwin, & Morgan, but none are dynamic receivers. I think the stylistic change with Higgins out is telling.  
Reply/Quote
Sorry your not winning many games with Uzomah, Sample, and Prince at the skilled positions. Burrow didn’t throw once out of this set. Also noticed Tate was in at wideout in this formation. Only reason we had success was probably playing the Jags. U got 3 stud receivers and need to utilize them. We need more plays on offense. Some no huddle is where this team can thrive.
Reply/Quote

According to PFF, Prince had a pass blocking grade of 65.6 (Reiff was a 58.5) and I won't pretend to know who the extra OT is blocking on such play designs, but Prince has graded out well all season (which mirrors what he did in the preseason). 

I know PFF is flawed and it doesn't take in to account the level of competition (a big flaw), but Prince has been a real find as the backup OT with Adeniji out injured.  I found it notable that he dressed over Fred since the season began.  

Jonah, BTW, had an 80.  
Reply/Quote
Isiah Prince is the new Dennis Roland
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 02:58 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Sorry your not winning many games with Uzomah, Sample, and Prince at the skilled positions. Burrow didn’t throw once out of this set. Also noticed Tate was in at wideout in this formation. Only reason we had success was probably playing the Jags. U got 3 stud receivers and need to utilize them. We need more plays on offense. Some no huddle is where this team can thrive.

I'm sorry, but have you watched any games this year?

What an awful take.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
ZT will probably say it depends on the team. I think if the formation provides success as it seemed like it did, they should stick to it. They are going to have to run the ball and keep Aaron Rodgers off the field.

The problem is Burrow had so much success the second half in empty, it's set us back as I think he's been better under center, but you know they love empty.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 09:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Isiah Prince is the new Dennis Roland

but athletic enough to block edge defenders?

Gotta give Zac credit for these formations.  Kitchen sink offense.  Jumbo, 3 and 4 wr, shotgun, under center.  It's such a smart thing to do with everyone base defense is nickel now.  Make them take their best players and what they practice the most off the field.  
Reply/Quote