Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer on Elite Talent
(05-19-2020, 06:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Name me a country that doesn’t have racists Fred...

Thanks for making my point for me.

I can't.

Now how does that prove that every country is like Germany under the third reich?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 09:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for making my point for me.

I can't.

Now how does that prove that every country is like Germany under the third reich?

His point was every program had bad apples. I thought that would be similar to every country having racists.

I guess you’re saying Urban Meyer is Hitler??

I’m confused.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 02:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: His point was every program had bad apples. I thought that would be similar to every country having racists.

I guess you’re saying Urban Meyer is Hitler??

I’m confused.

I am saying every team has players who get in trouble, but Meyers program at Florida was still worse because he had so many MORE players causing trouble.

Just like every country has people who want to persecute Jews but Germany under Hitler was still worse because it had so many MORE people who wanted to persecute Jews.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying every team has players who get in trouble, but Meyers program at Florida was still worse because he had so many MORE players causing trouble.

Just like every country has people who want to persecute Jews but Germany under Hitler was still worse because it had so many MORE people who wanted to persecute Jews.

I guess if you believe Urban Meyer was encouraging the players to commit crimes then that comparison.. sort of ... makes ... sense?

You lost me on this one.
Reply/Quote
I find it incredibly presumptuous to think that the main reason people are knocking Urban Meyer is simply because he coached at Ohio State.

Did it ever occur to those who feel this way, that maybe people have formed these opinions based soley on his history rather than only ONE of the schools he's coached at? Is the team you root for that important that you just assume that it has to be about them, and only them?

I don't like the band Nickelback. Shocking and bold statement, I know. Would it be fair to assume I only dislike them because they're Canadian? What if I told you I love Rush, and have seen a ton of Dan Ackroyd and Rick Moranis movies? Could it be I just think Nickelback makes bad music, and that Canada has nothing to do with it?

And describing his history as having "a few bad apples" is comical. That's akin to a real estate agent telling you the house that had a roof torn clean off in a hurricane, where it also suffered significant flood damage, is a "fixer uper".

He didn't have a few bad apples, he had a barrel full of rotton apples. If you were count all of the "bad apples" in every coaches basket during his time at Florida, he'd be at or near the top. If it were an bad apple picking competition there's a good chance he was taking home that ribbon or trophy.

And if you start factoring in everything else, in additon to just having a "few bad apples" he continues to seperate himself. If you look at the emails that came out, the former player stories, the fact he's a fraud who claims to hold bible studies, then he might just be the worst of them all.

Now you can disagree with all that, and that's fine. If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it, ok. If you want to rationlize it by whining that other coaches do it too, like a toddler, then that's your perogitive. But don't just assume that others only point these things out because one of three schools he coached at was Ohio State.

Urban Meyer's stop after Florida could have been Oklahoma State, or it could have been North Carolina, or any other schools that's not Ohio State. With the same history the chances are a lot of people still think he's a huge scumbag and a complete fraud. So Ohio State has nothing to do with it. Him being a giant douchnozzle of a coach is the determing and driving factor into people's opinions of him.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 07:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess if you believe Urban Meyer was encouraging the players to commit crimes then that comparison.. sort of ... makes ... sense?

You lost me on this one.

Protecting them in enabling.

I don't see how you can't grasp such a simple concept.  If your child does something bad and you cover for him instead of letting him be punished that is the same as encouraging.  It is telling him he is free to do what he wants.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 02:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess you’re saying Urban Meyer is Hitler??

Don't be ridiculous.

Urban Meyer is much worse than Hitler.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 08:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I find it incredibly presumptuous to think that the main reason people are knocking Urban Meyer is simply because he coached at Ohio State.

Did it ever occur to those who feel this way, that maybe people have formed these opinions based soley on his history rather than only ONE of the schools he's coached at?  Is the team you root for that important that you just assume that it has to be about them, and only them?

I don't like the band Nickelback.  Shocking and bold statement, I know.  Would it be fair to assume I only dislike them because they're Canadian?  What if I told you I love Rush, and have seen a ton of Dan Ackroyd and Rick Moranis movies?  Could it be I just think Nickelback makes bad music, and that Canada has nothing to do with it?

And describing his history as having "a few bad apples" is comical.  That's akin to a real estate agent telling you the house that had a roof torn clean off in a hurricane, where it also suffered significant flood damage, is a "fixer uper".

He didn't have a few bad apples, he had a barrel full of rotton apples. If you were count all of the "bad apples" in every coaches basket during his time at Florida, he'd be at or near the top.  If it were an bad apple picking competition there's a good chance he was taking home that ribbon or trophy.

And if you start factoring in everything else, in additon to just having a "few bad apples" he continues to seperate himself.  If you look at the emails that came out, the former player stories, the fact he's a fraud who claims to hold bible studies, then he might just be the worst of them all.

Now you can disagree with all that, and that's fine. If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it, ok. If you want to rationlize it by whining that other coaches do it too, like a toddler, then that's your perogitive.  But don't just assume that others only point these things out because one of three schools he coached at was Ohio State.

Urban Meyer's stop after Florida could have been Oklahoma State, or it could have been North Carolina, or any other schools that's not Ohio State.  With the same history the chances are a lot of people still think he's a huge scumbag and a complete fraud.  So Ohio State has nothing to do with it.  Him being a giant douchnozzle of a coach is the determing and driving factor into people's opinions of him.

I honestly wonder what the opinion of Urban would be around here if he had stayed at Florida and knocked the Buckeyes out of a few CFP's.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't be ridiculous.

Urban Meyer is much worse than Hitler.

If Hitler and Bin Laden had a love child, who then went on to have a love child, with the love child of Jerry Sandusky and Jeffrey Dahmer, then that love child would be Urban Meyer.

Family Tree

Hitler/Bin Laden       Sandusky/Dahmer
       I                                 I
  Love Child X               Love Child Y

I
                           I
                           I
            Love Child X/Love Child Y
                           I
                           I
                           I                    
                   Urban Meyer
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Protecting them in enabling.

I don't see how you can't grasp such a simple concept.  If your child does something bad and you cover for him instead of letting him be punished that is the same as encouraging.  It is telling him he is free to do what he wants.

Lol I can’t ‘grasp’ your concept because in a round about way you are saying Hitler was simply an enabler instead of a catalyst. Hitler didn’t enable Germany into WWII he endorsed it and made sure it happened in every action he took.

I agree Urban Meyer is a scumbag but I’m not going to agree he compares to Hitler. That is just a silly comparison you made.

If your child steals from a store and you cover for them, you’re an enabler. If your child steals from the store because you told them to, that is completely different.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 01:51 PM)GreenCornBengal. Wrote: If your child steals from a store and you cover for them, you’re an enabler. If your child steals from the store because you told them to, that is completely different.

If it were Urban Meyers kid he would be fully aware the kid is stealing, and the kid would steal his little heart out.  

When the kid gets arrested for stealing Meyer would act like he knew nothing, and is shocked. Then he would fake a heart attack leaving the police station to further illustrate his dismay.

About a mile down the road from the station he'd stop the car, open the passenger door, and then kick the little bastard out of the car.

He'd then peel out and take off, kicking up dust and gravel into the poor little guy's face as he's standing there on the side of the road. To add insult to injury he would yell out "Smell you later!" as went on down the road.

The kid would be left heartbroken, wondering what he did wrong. Stealing was never a problem before, but now Dad completely abandoned him.

About a year later Urban would adopt a new child. And in no time at all, this little fracker was stealing all sorts of shit.  Twinkies, video games, Jordan XII's, you name it.  He was just as bad as the previous kid.

He'd eventually get in trouble too. But did Urban know about little Billy's sticky fingers? Of course, but he'd pretend otherwise.

He ended up dropping off that kid at friends house and never went back. 

Two children tainted by the blind eye of a terrible, terrible father.  So, so sad.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2020, 02:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If it were Urban Meyers kid he would be fully aware the kid is stealing, and the kid would steal his little heart out.  

When the kid gets arrested for stealing Meyer would act like he knew nothing, and is shocked. Then he would fake a heart attack leaving the police station to further illustrate his dismay.

About a mile down the road from the station he'd stop the car, open the passenger door, and then kick the little bastard out of the car.

He'd then peel out and take off, kicking up dust and gravel into the poor little guy's face as he's standing there on the side of the road. To add insult to injury he would yell out "Smell you later!" as went on down the road.

The kid would be left heartbroken, wondering what he did wrong. Stealing was never a problem before, but now Dad completely abandoned him.

About a year later Urban would adopt a new child. And in no time at all, this little fracker was stealing all sorts of shit.  Twinkies, video games, Jordan XII's, you name it.  He was just as bad as the previous kid.

He'd eventually get in trouble too. But did Urban know about little Billy's sticky fingers? Of course, but he'd pretend otherwise.

He ended up dropping off that kid at friends house and never went back. 

Two children tainted by the blind eye of a terrible, terrible father.  So, so sad.

Wow this was enlightening... I don’t even think Hitler was THAT bad to his kids!
Reply/Quote